The Ramifications of Living With a Crazy Person

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Systematic

The Ramifications of Living With a Crazy Person

Post by Systematic »

I'm talking about people who are not only foolish, but also, they will not respect boundaries.
Telling them no, never really means no. It means "Yes" after much prodding and insisting.
You could have the best plan for your existence or for a project, but it's not a question of how good your plan is nor how motivated you are. It is being multiplied, so to speak, times their crazy. And sane times crazy equals crazy.

Worse yet, almost as if by osmosis, their craziness will start to leech into your thoughts and actions, over time. Eventually, if you do not leave, you will be crazy too, just by having to respond to it all the time.

My disclaimer: None of the above, as far as I know, has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, scientifically. It is a hunch that I am going on based on personal experience. Also, crazy is a vague term that does not show up in scientific literature, most likely due to its vagueness.
Luxin

deleted 470

Post by Luxin »

deleted 470
Last edited by Luxin on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

you can't reason with crazy: you can only defend against or walk away from it

Post by henry quirk »

personally: I say run like the devil is on your ass
Kayla

Re: The Ramifications of Living With a Crazy Person

Post by Kayla »

Systematic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 am Worse yet, almost as if by osmosis, their craziness will start to leech into your thoughts and actions, over time. Eventually, if you do not leave, you will be crazy too, just by having to respond to it all the time.
Sanity can spread by osmosis as well. I was "troubled" as a teen - from about 12 to 16 i was more or less insane.

My family stayed more or less sane - until their sanity leaked over.
commonsense

Re: you can't reason with crazy: you can only defend against or walk away from it

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:30 am personally: I say run like the devil is on your ass
S, heed Henry’s advice. The healthy thing to do is to separate yourself from the relationship.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Systematic post_id=460701 time=1593498258 user_id=10693]
I'm talking about people who are not only foolish, but also, they will not respect boundaries.
Telling them no, never really means no. It means "Yes" after much prodding and insisting.
You could have the best plan for your existence or for a project, but it's not a question of how good your plan is nor how motivated you are. It is being multiplied, so to speak, times their crazy. And sane times crazy equals crazy.

Worse yet, almost as if by osmosis, their craziness will start to leech into your thoughts and actions, over time. Eventually, if you do not leave, you will be crazy too, just by having to respond to it all the time.

My disclaimer: None of the above, as far as I know, has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, scientifically. It is a hunch that I am going on based on personal experience. Also, crazy is a vague term that does not show up in scientific literature, most likely due to its vagueness.
[/quote]

My answer to that situation is that ethical maturity is to account for externalities and few ever reach it.

If you account for salience, perspective, and priority, you'll find a solution, but yeah, good luck.

BTW, sane + crazy = crazy is legitimate Spiritual Math. It's an accurate assessment of the relationships between metaphorical things that does useful work for us. I believe the rest of your understanding is likewise dead-on-balls-accurate, in a provable sense though. Having your attention constantly distracted by nonsense must have very pointed psychological effects, n'est-ce pas?
Advocate

Re: you can't reason with crazy: you can only defend against or walk away from it

Post by Advocate »

[quote=commonsense post_id=475355 time=1602614103 user_id=14610]
[quote="henry quirk" post_id=463614 time=1595287801 user_id=472]
personally: I say run like the devil is on your ass
[/quote]

S, heed Henry’s advice. The healthy thing to do is to separate yourself from the relationship.
[/quote]

If you separate yourself from every relationship that isn't serving your greater good, you'll soon find yourself alone on a mountaintop.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Advocate wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:10 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:30 am personally: I say run like the devil is on your ass
If you separate yourself from every relationship that isn't serving your greater good, you'll soon find yourself alone on a mountaintop.
Just be sure to get out of the insane ones.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:15 pm
Advocate wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:10 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Just be sure to get out of the insane ones.
yep

not about avoidin' unprofitable relations, just poisonous ones

Post by Age »

What are the ramifications if, and when, the crazy person is the president of the country in which you live?
Impenitent

The Ramifications of Living with a male sheep are simply insane

Post by Impenitent »

-Imp
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Age post_id=478873 time=1604707176 user_id=16237]
What are the ramifications if, and when, the crazy person is the president of the country in which you live?
[/quote]

As long as the system is a dumbass, the leader will be a dumbass.

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:22 am
Age wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:59 am What are the ramifications if, and when, the crazy person is the president of the country in which you live?
As long as the system is a dumbass, the leader will be a dumbass.
Unless, of course, a, so called, non "dumbass" human being gets voted in as a leader to change the current, so called, "dumbass" 'system'.