The Ramifications of Living With a Crazy Person

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Systematic

The Ramifications of Living With a Crazy Person

Post by Systematic »

I'm talking about people who are not only foolish, but also, they will not respect boundaries.
Telling them no, never really means no. It means "Yes" after much prodding and insisting.
You could have the best plan for your existence or for a project, but it's not a question of how good your plan is nor how motivated you are. It is being multiplied, so to speak, times their crazy. And sane times crazy equals crazy.

Worse yet, almost as if by osmosis, their craziness will start to leech into your thoughts and actions, over time. Eventually, if you do not leave, you will be crazy too, just by having to respond to it all the time.

My disclaimer: None of the above, as far as I know, has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, scientifically. It is a hunch that I am going on based on personal experience. Also, crazy is a vague term that does not show up in scientific literature, most likely due to its vagueness.
Luxin

Re: The Ramifications of Living With a Crazy Person

Post by Luxin »

The influence you speak of is, of course, coming from humanity in general too. One may also need to change one's city, town or country in order to find a location environment conducive to one's tranquility, for the sake of God within.
henry quirk

you can't reason with crazy: you can only defend against or walk away from it

Post by henry quirk »

personally: I say run like the devil is on your ass
Kayla

Re: The Ramifications of Living With a Crazy Person

Post by Kayla »

Systematic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 am Worse yet, almost as if by osmosis, their craziness will start to leech into your thoughts and actions, over time. Eventually, if you do not leave, you will be crazy too, just by having to respond to it all the time.
Sanity can spread by osmosis as well. I was "troubled" as a teen - from about 12 to 16 i was more or less insane.

My family stayed more or less sane - until their sanity leaked over.
commonsense

Re: you can't reason with crazy: you can only defend against or walk away from it

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:30 am personally: I say run like the devil is on your ass
S, heed Henry’s advice. The healthy thing to do is to separate yourself from the relationship.