Page 2 of 5

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:40 am
by vegetariantaxidermy
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:32 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:49 am
Humans should be euthanised at 60 anyway. They are no use to anyone after that, just boring everyone with their tedious diatribes on their numerous aches and pains, how they 'had a fall', and which operations they are on a waiting list for. Plus, blot-on-the-landscape 'retirement villages' (death cubicles) are the scourge of modern society.
That's what we all say until we reach that age ourselves.
Not all of us. Would you rather rot in a rest-home, being tortured by 'caregivers'? That's much worse than a quick death.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 am
by Gary Childress
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:40 am
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:32 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:49 am
Humans should be euthanised at 60 anyway. They are no use to anyone after that, just boring everyone with their tedious diatribes on their numerous aches and pains, how they 'had a fall', and which operations they are on a waiting list for. Plus, blot-on-the-landscape 'retirement villages' (death cubicles) are the scourge of modern society.
That's what we all say until we reach that age ourselves.
Not all of us. Would you rather rot in a rest-home, being tortured by 'caregivers'? That's much worse than a quick death.
Most people aren't in rest homes by age 60, at least not where I am. In fact many people live very healthy lives at 60. Would you want to be euthanized at age 60 because you were "no use to anyone"?

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 am
by vegetariantaxidermy
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:40 am
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:32 am


That's what we all say until we reach that age ourselves.
Not all of us. Would you rather rot in a rest-home, being tortured by 'caregivers'? That's much worse than a quick death.
Most people aren't in rest homes by age 60, at least not where I am. In fact many people live very healthy lives at 60. Would you want to be euthanized at age 60 because you were "no use to anyone"?
It seems like a good age to go. Why wait until you are old and decrepit?

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 am
by Gary Childress
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 am
Why wait until you are old and decrepit?
I don't know. Why rush for an early out? Most people seem to stick it out until the end. Therefore I assume, even in old age, living generally outweighs the alternative.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am
by vegetariantaxidermy
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 am
Why wait until you are old and decrepit?
I don't know. Why rush for an early out? Most people seem to stick it out until the end. Therefore I assume, even in old age, living generally outweighs the alternative.
They 'stick it out' because they have no choice.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 am
by Gary Childress
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 am
Why wait until you are old and decrepit?
I don't know. Why rush for an early out? Most people seem to stick it out until the end. Therefore I assume, even in old age, living generally outweighs the alternative.
They 'stick it out' because they have no choice.
Really? In what sense do they have no choice?

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:39 am
by vegetariantaxidermy
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 am


I don't know. Why rush for an early out? Most people seem to stick it out until the end. Therefore I assume, even in old age, living generally outweighs the alternative.
They 'stick it out' because they have no choice.
Really? In what sense do they have no choice?
I will leave you to use your imagination.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:44 am
by Gary Childress
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:39 am
Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am


They 'stick it out' because they have no choice.
Really? In what sense do they have no choice?
I will leave you to use your imagination.
I prefer reality and reality is that anyone can choose between life and death at any moment. Most choose life. To conclude from that fact that they would really prefer death is irrational.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:20 am
by -1-
Walker wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:07 am
This talented artist does a great Jimi Hendrix cover.

Here, covering John Mayer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9L0zAit4_4
She does a great cover all right, by not covering up much.

Walker, is Jess your granddaughter?

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:22 am
by -1-
Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:02 pm
-1- wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:07 am
I actually don't like the me anymore who is provocative and aggressive in arguments.
I'll pick up the slack. You can rest now. Enjoy life.
Much appreciated, Logik.

Hehe. Somebody has to do the dirty work, don't we.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:21 pm
by Walker
-1- wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:20 am
Walker wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:07 am
This talented artist does a great Jimi Hendrix cover.

Here, covering John Mayer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9L0zAit4_4
She does a great cover all right, by not covering up much.

Walker, is Jess your granddaughter?
It’s about the music, man.

Besides, I’ve learned not to blink or look away from beauty, for it surrounds me always, where I walk.
(Or is it, to not blink?)

Check out this talent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2nMo-Tt9R0

I would definitely support her career with a ticket purchase.
I bet Gary would.

Honestly, how about you?

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:44 pm
by Frank N Stein
Walker wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:21 pm
-1- wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:20 am
Walker wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:07 am
This talented artist does a great Jimi Hendrix cover.

Here, covering John Mayer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9L0zAit4_4
She does a great cover all right, by not covering up much.

Walker, is Jess your granddaughter?
It’s about the music, man.

Besides, I’ve learned not to blink or look away from beauty, for it surrounds me always, where I walk.
(Or is it, to not blink?)

Check out this talent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2nMo-Tt9R0

I would definitely support her career with a ticket purchase.
I bet Gary would.

Honestly, how about you?
You could always listen to the actual Jimi Hendrix, or do you watch it for the jiggling breasts? I found the video weirdly disturbing and unsavoury and devoid of any musical 'soul' (not to mention out of rhythm). But I suppose she's not the first woman to use sex to mask minimal talent.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 pm
by Walker
You could listen to the original Dylan but oy vey, that voice!

Breasts? I would not hold that against her.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:49 pm
by Frank N Stein
Walker wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 pm
You could listen to the original Dylan but oy vey, that voice!
I do listen to Dylan, often. His voice suits his songs.

Re: The older I get, the smarter I feel, and the stupider I become

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:52 pm
by Frank N Stein
Walker wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 pm
You could listen to the original Dylan but oy vey, that voice!

Breasts? I would not hold that against her.
What is it with Christians and sex? Yet they are so judgemental when it comes to other people :? Don't you get any from your Mrs?