whose generation is the worst generation?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

whose generation is the worst generation?

Post by osgart »

i am 45 and i grew up with some real bastards. On the whole i cant see where any of them went right.
osgart

Re: whose generation is the worst generation?

Post by osgart »

sure a lot of guys did well for themselves or were handed riches. But on the whole they are still bastards only out for the self.
As a generation though they wont be remembered. What did they give society? Besides hell.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

The Baby Boomers are all going to hell, except me. I renounced My Generation years ago. I want nothing to do with them!
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

In each generation really bad people has always been born, but this generation even the "good" has become bad.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

don't try to dig what we all say...

-Imp
Greta

Post by Greta »

They weren't too pleasant back in Medieval times: http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-10-most-grue ... 1626942115
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

"The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."
(From a sermon preached by Peter the Hermit in A.D. 1274)

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint".
(Hesiod, 8th century BC)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Boomers.

Let go of the sixties, you old hippies! Do you even know what century this is, or are you too fucking stoned?

Oh, and get a haircut.