How must I respond?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
hajrafradi
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:46 pm

How must I respond?

Post by hajrafradi » Mon May 09, 2016 10:19 pm

I have had five conversations here. Three ended up in disaster. The first one was with FlashdangerPants. S/he concluded s/he will never talk to me again. The second one was with Dubious. S/he critiqued one of my posts, I responded to his/her criticism, and s/he wrote once more in that thread, only that s/he will never talk to me again.

What is it with me that people don't ever want to talk to me? Am I a leper, or what? I really don't see how I stepped out of line in terms of terms of the use of this site.

I appreciate this was their personal choice, and they did give me reasons, but those reasons, in my book, are false. They just wanted an out, and said something that did not hold any water why they never want to speak to me again.

But I don't fault them; it is me, in me, where the fault lies. What is it that I am doing wrong?

I need a personal coach on how to word my post and responses to others.

Volunteers?

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3889
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Harbal » Mon May 09, 2016 11:03 pm

hajrafradi wrote:I have had five conversations here. Three ended up in disaster. The first one was with FlashdangerPants. S/he concluded s/he will never talk to me again. The second one was with Dubious. S/he critiqued one of my posts, I responded to his/her criticism, and s/he wrote once more in that thread, only that s/he will never talk to me again.
I've looked at some of your posts and I don't really know why people respond to you in the way they do. I tend to provoke a similar reaction in people but, in my case, I do know why.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2526
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Lacewing » Tue May 10, 2016 12:05 am

hajrafradi wrote:What is it with me that people don't ever want to talk to me?
There's probably nothing different you could do -- it happens to me too, and I've really tried to connect with people on their terms and in their language. It's simply a vast cloud of silence here. Occasionally, people venture forth to show you their middle finger or scream meaningless babble at you, just before they stop talking to you completely.

These appear to be the unspoken interaction guidelines (of many):

> People don't want to connect
> People don't want to answer questions about what they claim/say
> People don't want to explore any ideas other than their own
> People don't want to appear stupid or wrong, so they make up even more stuff and/or create diversions
> People have no sense of humor, and have bought into themselves and their ideas very seriously
> and a ridiculous number of people want to identify themselves as uniquely divine/gifted/correct, etc., -- therefore, above proof or questioning or evolvement.

It's an informative glimpse into how widespread this "primitive" and rigid human psychosis is... so it helps to come here with a good sense of humor, and observe/interact in a way that expands your own understanding (and for any silent onlookers who might find value or entertainment).

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6938
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How must I respond?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Tue May 10, 2016 1:15 am

Don't worry about it. Everyone on here hates me and I'm a lovely person. :) It's always the horrible people who are popular anyway. Think about Stalin.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5417
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue May 10, 2016 1:19 am

To add my thoughts, you're new here and people haven't gotten used to you yet.

PhilX

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3889
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Harbal » Tue May 10, 2016 5:56 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:To add my thoughts, you're new here and people haven't gotten used to you yet.
Familiarity doesn't seem to have increased my popularity

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5417
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Tue May 10, 2016 6:04 am

Harbal wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:To add my thoughts, you're new here and people haven't gotten used to you yet.
Familiarity doesn't seem to have increased my popularity
You're noted for having a sharp wit which explains your case. I would think that our main reason for coming here is to do philosophy which this forum needs more of.

PhilX

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 3143
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: right here

Post by henry quirk » Tue May 10, 2016 2:30 pm

haj,

Don't worry about it.

It ain't you, it's them.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11154
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Arising_uk » Sat May 14, 2016 2:46 am

:lol: It's not me it's you.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Canuckistan

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Dalek Prime » Sat May 14, 2016 3:13 am

Look, PAS (People are shit). It's a happy person when one less person is around to aggravate you. And they all do, given time. Stay strong, and piss more off. You'll be better off in the long run.

Now, piss off, and stop whining about what others are doing. I don't want to talk to you again for a good long time. :lol:

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Canuckistan

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Dalek Prime » Sat May 14, 2016 3:43 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Don't worry about it. Everyone on here hates me and I'm a lovely person. :) It's always the horrible people who are popular anyway. Think about Stalin.
Your life would be meaningless without being able to bitch about everyone hating you. Happily, I'm here to inform you that your life is rich in meaning.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Canuckistan

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Dalek Prime » Sat May 14, 2016 4:03 am

Harbal wrote: I've looked at some of your posts and I don't really know why people respond to you in the way they do. I tend to provoke a similar reaction in people but, in my case, I do know why.
I know why. Because you never finish an anecdote.

Take note Haj. This is how you piss people off. Now, up and at 'em. Make us proud.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6938
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How must I respond?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat May 14, 2016 4:15 am

Dalek Prime wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Don't worry about it. Everyone on here hates me and I'm a lovely person. :) It's always the horrible people who are popular anyway. Think about Stalin.
Your life would be meaningless without being able to bitch about everyone hating you. Happily, I'm here to inform you that your life is rich in meaning.
I couldn't care less. 90 per cent of people are a waste of neurons anyway, especially on the internet (your unnecessarily bitchy comment being a case in point, but you do know when to kiss arse).

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Canuckistan

Re: How must I respond?

Post by Dalek Prime » Sat May 14, 2016 4:20 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Don't worry about it. Everyone on here hates me and I'm a lovely person. :) It's always the horrible people who are popular anyway. Think about Stalin.
Your life would be meaningless without being able to bitch about everyone hating you. Happily, I'm here to inform you that your life is rich in meaning.
I couldn't care less. 90 per cent of people are a waste of neurons anyway, especially on the internet (your unnecessarily bitchy comment being a case in point).
And here I thought you'd welcome such good tidings.

By the way, I would suggest that, not only are 100% of people a waste of neurons, but that the neurons themselves are a damned waste of otherwise perfectly good matter.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6938
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: How must I respond?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat May 14, 2016 6:08 am

Dalek Prime wrote: By the way, I would suggest that, not only are 100% of people a waste of neurons, but that the neurons themselves are a damned waste of otherwise perfectly good matter.
Well I was going to say 99 per cent but thought I would be generous. I wouldn't say 100 though. There are some good people.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest