Anhedonia

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: Anhedonia

Post by Dalek Prime » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Thanks guys. It's nice to know that you're out there, somewhere, and thought enough to reply. It does help. I just have to keep swimming, and not sink. But your words do add buoyancy to the journey, whether you know it or not.

I realise that I have to find a way to come to terms, for my own part, with existence, and allow for compromise, in order to find peace. I guess that's true for us all.

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Livin' ain't easy, Dal. As I say: you gotta find your reason for gettin' up in the morning. Sometimes reasons present themselves; other times you gotta hunt 'em down.

Dalek Prime

Re:

Post by Dalek Prime » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:21 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:04 pm
Livin' ain't easy, Dal. As I say: you gotta find your reason for gettin' up in the morning. Sometimes reasons present themselves; other times you gotta hunt 'em down.
I'm actively hunting, henry. No stone unturned.

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Good. You may find the hunt 'is' the reason.

-1-

Re: Anhedonia

Post by -1- » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Sometimes the reason to get up is the knowledge there are a coupla more stones out there still lying flat.

Under the stones you will find more stones.

This should carry on until you (general "you", although it probably applies to you (specific "you"), too) eventually will be put under your own personal stone.