alternatives to taxation

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: alternatives to taxation

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Under Evensonomics, property is defined as anything with intrinsic market value. Stocks, bonds and currency are merely pieces of paper with no intrinsic value, they are simply mediums of exchange of property with intrinsic market value. Under this definition, property becomes the only basis for taxation, fool. Every other form of taxation is a scam that the gullible public buys and conniving politicians sell!
Obviously you do not know the meaning of intrinsic.
Maybe it's time that you just go back to school and learn, if nothing else, how not to act stupid!
Merriam-Webster Dictionary
intrinsic adjective \in-ˈtrin-zik, -ˈtrin(t)-sik\
a: belonging to the essential nature or constitution of a thing <the intrinsic worth of a gem>
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Under Evensonomics, property is defined as anything with intrinsic market value. Stocks, bonds and currency are merely pieces of paper with no intrinsic value, they are simply mediums of exchange of property with intrinsic market value. Under this definition, property becomes the only basis for taxation, fool. Every other form of taxation is a scam that the gullible public buys and conniving politicians sell!
Obviously you do not know the meaning of intrinsic.
Maybe it's time that you just go back to school and learn, if nothing else, how not to act stupid!
Merriam-Webster Dictionary
intrinsic adjective \in-ˈtrin-zik, -ˈtrin(t)-sik\
a: belonging to the essential nature or constitution of a thing <the intrinsic worth of a gem>
So clever little man, tell us all how do you tax a gem?
When do you tax a gem?
What is the intrinsic value of a gem that is not also the value of a bank note?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote: So clever little man, tell us all how do you tax a gem? When do you tax a gem? What is the intrinsic value of a gem that is not also the value of a bank note?
You damn, damn fool, do I have to go beyond breaking matter down into protons, neutrons and electrons? Do I have to further reduce subatomic particles into quarks so that whatever neurons you have left can make some kind of connection? You tax everything at its wholesale market value (it would be improper to tax anything at its retail value since the retail value includes a marketing cost). Property is taxed like every other fucking thing on this planet. Everything is appraised, and taxes are paid monthly like your electric bill. A bank note does not have any intrinsic value at all beyond the paper it's printed on. The nice thing about Evensonomics is that if your goal in life is to make an incredible amount of money and pay no taxes, you can do it, you just have to live in a cave with no possessions.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: So clever little man, tell us all how do you tax a gem? When do you tax a gem? What is the intrinsic value of a gem that is not also the value of a bank note?
You damn, damn fool, do I have to go beyond breaking matter down into protons, neutrons and electrons? Do I have to further reduce subatomic particles into quarks so that whatever neurons you have left can make some kind of connection? You tax everything at its wholesale market value (it would be improper to tax anything at its retail value since the retail value includes a marketing cost). Property is taxed like every other fucking thing on this planet. Everything is appraised, and taxes are paid monthly like your electric bill. A bank note does not have any intrinsic value at all beyond the paper it's printed on. The nice thing about Evensonomics is that if your goal in life is to make an incredible amount of money and pay no taxes, you can do it, you just have to live in a cave with no possessions.
So tell me how do you value a gem intrinsically, if not by its retail value?
How can you value a gem without a monetary value?
Why not answer the actual questions that I asked?
What are you scared of?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
What are you scared of?
What am I scared of? I'm scared of discussing anything with you because it might turn me into an extra for another "Night of the Living Dead" movie. As I already told you, taxation should be based on the wholesale value of property. What are you trying to do, recruit me into your zombie organization?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote: You damn, damn fool, do I have to go beyond breaking matter down into protons, neutrons and electrons? Do I have to further reduce subatomic particles into quarks so that whatever neurons you have left can make some kind of connection? You tax everything at its wholesale market value (it would be improper to tax anything at its retail value since the retail value includes a marketing cost). Property is taxed like every other fucking thing on this planet. Everything is appraised, and taxes are paid monthly like your electric bill. A bank note does not have any intrinsic value at all beyond the paper it's printed on. The nice thing about Evensonomics is that if your goal in life is to make an incredible amount of money and pay no taxes, you can do it, you just have to live in a cave with no possessions.
What are you scared of?
What am I scared of? I'm scared of discussing anything with you because it might turn me into an extra for another "Night of the Living Dead" movie. As I already told you, taxation should be based on the wholesale value of property. What are you trying to do, recruit me into your zombie organization?
So now you change your mind. You said 'intrinsic value" not "wholesale value".
Most items do not have a single 'wholesale' value. The wholesale value of an item is a range of prices from raw material, though manufacture to a list of suppliers.
Do you tax them all?
The reason you are scared to answer simple questions is that you are fucking clueless.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:So now you change your mind. You said 'intrinsic value" not "wholesale value". Most items do not have a single 'wholesale' value. The wholesale value of an item is a range of prices from raw material, though manufacture to a list of suppliers. Do you tax them all? The reason you are scared to answer simple questions is that you are fucking clueless.
You're driving me nuts!!! We have three problems here. Problem No. 1 is that you don't know what you're talking about. Problem No. 2 is that you don't know that you don't know what you're talking about. And problem No. 3 is that problems 1 & 2 can't be solved! Now, let me state in no uncertain terms that I don't change my mind about anything unless I am visited by an epiphany! Every fucking item on this planet has an estimated wholesale value range. When I say all fucking propery is taxed, I mean land, raw materials and everything in existence that has ever been manufactured. Is that so fucking hard to grasp???
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:So now you change your mind. You said 'intrinsic value" not "wholesale value". Most items do not have a single 'wholesale' value. The wholesale value of an item is a range of prices from raw material, though manufacture to a list of suppliers. Do you tax them all? The reason you are scared to answer simple questions is that you are fucking clueless.
You're driving me nuts!!! We have three problems here. Problem No. 1 is that you don't know what you're talking about. Problem No. 2 is that you don't know that you don't know what you're talking about. And problem No. 3 is that problems 1 & 2 can't be solved! Now, let me state in no uncertain terms that I don't change my mind about anything unless I am visited by an epiphany! Every fucking item on this planet has an estimated wholesale value range. When I say all fucking propery is taxed, I mean land, raw materials and everything in existence that has ever been manufactured. Is that so fucking hard to grasp???
You poor thing. You are so confused that you cannot answer a simple question.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

bob/yes, it's very hard to avoid taxation but some of my ideas would reduce taxation considerably, and even remove the bulk of it.
The ultimate and only proper source of revenue for this function is a tax on the property being protected.
so do you think that those who disapprove of luxury tax for example would find your argument reasonable? the government is protecting their new luxury item, say for example a new luxury cruise liner.. your argument might even sound reasonable but there will still be those who may have equally intriquing arguments against it.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:You poor thing. You are so confused that you cannot answer a simple question.
All you are able to ask are stupid bizarre questions that have absolutely no relationship to the question at hand.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

bus2bondi wrote:bob/yes, it's very hard to avoid taxation but some of my ideas would reduce taxation considerably, and even remove the bulk of it.
The ultimate and only proper source of revenue for this function is a tax on the property being protected.
so do you think that those who disapprove of luxury tax for example would find your argument reasonable? the government is protecting their new luxury item, say for example a new luxury cruise liner.. your argument might even sound reasonable but there will still be those who may have equally intriquing arguments against it.
You cannot remove taxation to pay for the proper function of government. The only other way for the government to get money is running its own businesses (like the post office that is going bankrupt) or confiscation of property, neither of which can provide the necessary revenue. There are no viable arguments against my tax proposal, and I challenge anybody to prove me wrong on this issue.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:You poor thing. You are so confused that you cannot answer a simple question.
All you are able to ask are stupid bizarre questions that have absolutely no relationship to the question at hand.
Dah.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Dah.
You can't stand it that I'm the king of taxation, can you?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote: All you are able to ask are stupid bizarre questions that have absolutely no relationship to the question at hand.
Dah.
You can't stand it that I'm the king of taxation, can you?
Hail to the King of penile yeast.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:Hail to the King of penile yeast.
Be careful, or the moderator (a European) will delete another thread! I won't even bring up the question of why he has to delete the entire thread as opposed to the offending comment.