This must be the best American president candidate ever!

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

This must be the best American president candidate ever!

Post by The Voice of Time »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toGP93KS ... re=g-all-u

Really, the word "wisdom" just seeps out of him, his deep voice is also extremely cool, it fits with the rest of his character, giving him a sense of "I got this Johnny! You just relax!"

Though I don't think he'll win I'd like to see him voted high in both next and next after that election forever increasing his chances and challenging the political climate. As a Norwegian I think he'd do well to the world at large first, but also to his own country, though that last one is up to the US citizens to decide.
John

Re: This must be the best American president candidate ever!

Post by John »

I'm behind a corporate firewall at the moment and YouTube is blocked so care to elaborate on who you're referring to?
The Voice of Time

Jesse Ventura
John

Post by John »

Thanks. I'll try to remember to watch the video later as I don't know an awful lot about him politically (though I've just hada quick look at the Wikipedia article on him).
The Voice of Time

corporate firewalls are easily dodged.

Try "Tor" computer program or one of the tunnel websites (that is: "btunnel.com", "vtunnel.com" and so on), or http://www.muffintrap.com/

Sometimes you'll have to try several such site's. One of them should work. (Some of them have their own "youtube" version also)
John

Post by John »

The Voice of Time wrote:corporate firewalls are easily dodged.

Try "Tor" computer program or one of the tunnel websites (that is: "btunnel.com", "vtunnel.com" and so on), or http://www.muffintrap.com/

Sometimes you'll have to try several such site's. One of them should work. (Some of them have their own "youtube" version also)
There are a number of reasons why I wouldn't do this:

1. The installation of Tor (the tunnel websites are blocked) to circumvent the corporate firewall would be considered a serious breech of our IT security policy and would lead to disciplinary action. Not really worth the risk just to watch a YouTube video.
2. I can dip in and out of here when I have the odd few moments during the day but I don't have enough time to be diverted by the aforementioned YouTube videos.
3. Being a senior IT manager here I could actually just ask to be excluded from the general policy but without a good work related reason to do so that kind of abuses the privileges and responsibilities that come with the post.

so thanks for the suggestions but I'll wait until I'm at home :wink:
johngalthasspoken

Post by johngalthasspoken »

He's a washed up hasbeen & a conspiracy theorist nutjob
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Jesse has some good ideas as a libertarian, but I'll give you one reason he doesn't know what he's talking about. He complains that corporations pay more for lobbyists than government taxes. This is a stupid comparison since the one doesn't relate to the other at all. There's absolutely nothing wrong for corporations to spend as much money as they want, to have lobbyists talk to public officials about the needs of the corporations they represent. Now, I'll tell you something that is wrong. It is absolutely criminal for corporations to contribute to political candidates, the victims being the stockholders of the corporations. Anytime you need authoritative answers on political economic questions, just talk to the king of Evensonomics, that's me.
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

bobevenson wrote:Jesse has some good ideas as a libertarian, but I'll give you one reason he doesn't know what he's talking about. He complains that corporations pay more for lobbyists than government taxes. This is a stupid comparison since the one doesn't relate to the other at all. There's absolutely nothing wrong for corporations to spend as much money as they want, to have lobbyists talk to public officials about the needs of the corporations they represent. Now, I'll tell you something that is wrong. It is absolutely criminal for corporations to contribute to political candidates, the victims being the stockholders of the corporations. Anytime you need authoritative answers on political economic questions, just talk to the king of Evensonomics, that's me.
Jesse is not a Libertarian. He is an insane, moron, conspiracy nutter who parades around like an imbecile claiming 9/11 was an inside job. The man is a walking idiot.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

i just responded to your post in the music thread and brought up Jesse, who was once the governor in the state i live in, then checked out this thread. i had no idea he was running for president again. or maybe you were referring to the past when he did while he was governor.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

oooooohhhh :shock: he is running for president :shock:
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

butthouse baldie and butthouse brownie, well i should've known. i should've known.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

vermin supreme for president!
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

no butthouse baldie and butthouse brownie.
The Voice of Time

Kayla wrote:vermin supreme for president!
lol. There are lots of mock-parties and half-serious parties around the world. Someday one of them needs to win so we at least knows what happens when politics gives the reins to someone..... not so serious.

Read an article here the other day that the Pirate Party is up for 6% of the votes in Germany for instance. Wonder if they manage to stay that high and actually make a difference in the political climate ^^

In Sweden the Pirate Party got 7.1% of the votes.

These parties aren't completely biased though, but far from any of the standard heavily tradition-burdened parties out there.