foreign aid

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

foreign aid

Post by thedoc »

We should cut all foreign aid and spend the money here in the US fixing our own problems. If a foreign country isn't going to 'Kiss our ass' the hell with them, let them starve in the dark, and don't buy anything from them, or at least don't pay them for what we take.
ForgedinHell

Re: foreign aid

Post by ForgedinHell »

thedoc wrote:We should cut all foreign aid and spend the money here in the US fixing our own problems. If a foreign country isn't going to 'Kiss our ass' the hell with them, let them starve in the dark, and don't buy anything from them, or at least don't pay them for what we take.
So, you agree the US should stop funding any military bases in places like Germany and Japan?
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I think Doc's post is purely inflamatory to get a reaction, not his view at all.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

reasonvemotion wrote:I think Doc's post is purely inflamatory to get a reaction, not his view at all.

To a point, when foreign nations are clearly opposed to US ideals we should not support them.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ForgedinHell wrote:
thedoc wrote:We should cut all foreign aid and spend the money here in the US fixing our own problems. If a foreign country isn't going to 'Kiss our ass' the hell with them, let them starve in the dark, and don't buy anything from them, or at least don't pay them for what we take.
So, you agree the US should stop funding any military bases in places like Germany and Japan?

No, if US funding is supporting US troops and bases OK, I just do not approve supporting governments that then attack us either politically or with military acts. Having US troops on bases in foreign countries, not involved in military action, is good policy, however military action is good training. A military without upto date training is not well equiped when the need arises. How many times in the past have there been green forces beaten up by seasoned veterans. The price of freedom is a well trained military, till you can disarm all aggressors. A few fanatics riding their camels in the desert waving a sword aren't much of a threat.
johngalthasspoken

Post by johngalthasspoken »

I think it's time to completely pull the plug on ALL humanitarian & military aid..we're operating hundreds of military bases across the world costing us hundreds of billions each year.We have troops stationed in developed nations such as Germany,Japan & south Korea, and it's costing us a fortune.If we have to defend their ass, they should at-least foot half the bill. and don't get me started on Africa, we've wasted over a trillion dollars in aid in the last few decades.it's time to cut all aid & let the Negroes have it.They are more trouble than they're worth anyways.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

There is absolutely nothing in the U.S. Constitution that gives the government the right to do good deeds or help other countries in any way for any reason. Not a single fucking dime of American tax money should go to any country for any reason, and that includes the billions that go to Israel due to the Jewish Lobby that is more powerful than the National Rifle Association and the military industrial complex put together. Anybody who disagrees with me is a total motherfucking fool!
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

bobevenson wrote:Anybody who disagrees with me is a total motherfucking fool!
... those old epigrams always seem to work better in the original Greek.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

mickthinks wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Anybody who disagrees with me is a total motherfucking fool!
... those old epigrams always seem to work better in the original Greek.
I don't know, fatherfucking kind of rubs me the wrong way.
John

Post by John »

johngalthasspoken wrote:We have troops stationed in developed nations such as Germany,Japan & south Korea, and it's costing us a fortune. If we have to defend their ass, they should at-least foot half the bill.
You don't think the US has troops in those countries because it suits it's foreign policy objectives?
johngalthasspoken wrote:and don't get me started on Africa, we've wasted over a trillion dollars in aid in the last few decades.it's time to cut all aid & let the Negroes have it.
You don't even know how much aid is provided to Africa do you?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

thedoc wrote:To a point, when foreign nations are clearly opposed to US ideals we should not support them.
how about a situation when the US government policies both foreign and domestic are clearly opposed to US ideals?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Kayla wrote:
thedoc wrote:To a point, when foreign nations are clearly opposed to US ideals we should not support them.
how about a situation when the US government policies both foreign and domestic are clearly opposed to US ideals?
Exactly what are the "U.S. ideals" you have in mind?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

bobevenson wrote:
Kayla wrote:
Exactly what are the "U.S. ideals" you have in mind?
you know everyone having freedom and liberty

and not being killed arbitrarily

that sort of shit
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Let's see, some people want to walk down the street naked, but they get arrested. Some people want to grow or smoke marijuana, but they get arrested. Some people want to practice medicine without a license, but they get arrested. Where's the freedom and liberty you're talking about?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

With every freedom comes a responsability. One of the primary responsabilities is to not hurt others. Walking down the street naked, Ok with me, I can look, or not, depending. Growing and smoking Marijuana yourself, OK, just don't ask for help if you loose your job cause you're too high to function. Practicing medicine without a license, probably not OK, that is a field that required a lot of training that is well controled, but I could see room for exceptions.

As one of my high school teachers once said, "Your freedom to swing your arms about, ends at the tip of my nose."