Major American Politicians Like to Wear American Flag Pins

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: Major American Politicians Like to Wear American Flag Pi

Post by bobevenson »

Actually, I'm not against all forms of political symbols. For instance, the flag of the American Energy Party (AEP) is a great white star on a field of red. The star is abstract and off center, with shards of light streaming to the borders of the flag. Another AEP symbol is one that looks similar to the logo of a Mercedes-Benz automobile. Members will have it printed near one of the tips of their shirt collar. Also, a logo similar to the Democrats' donkey and the Republicans' elephant is the AEP's baby gorilla, often shown sitting on the horizontal line of the quasi Mercedes-Benz logo and holding on to the vertical ones.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

capone wrote:Well, don't know about why are they wearing it, especially in their own country, but since I take part in some conferences outside my country, I like wearing flag pin of my country. Reason? I guess showing that you are proud of your country and who you are, or simply that you love your country.
Bah!!!
Shows you to be a sheep.
Wearing it is a contradiction of the symbolism of it.
Your wearing it is a indication that the USA has lost its self meaning and self respect.
There was once a time when being an American was to be a person who did not follow; and where pride was vested in the self, not in the nation. Kennedy had it backwards
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

one of my sons will be joining the cubscouts this year, and i think he'll be a better man for it.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

bus2bondi wrote:one of my sons will be joining the cubscouts this year, and i think he'll be a better man for it.
Yes, and he'll probably learn to be against faggots and queers, just like the leadership of the Boy Scouts of America will teach him. Good luck, my friend.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bus2bondi wrote:one of my sons will be joining the cubscouts this year, and i think he'll be a better man for it.
Yeah, wearing short trousers in the care of gay adults will be a learning experience.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

Impenitent wrote:back to the dark ages and next enlightenment...

semiotics can be fun...

-Imp

do we still live in the dark ages now? i wouldn't and i couldn't assume that it would be back to the dark ages. maybe something that isn't the dark ages?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

bus2bondi wrote:

semiotics can be fun...

-Imp

do we still live in the dark ages now? i wouldn't and i couldn't assume that it would be back to the dark ages. maybe something that isn't the dark ages?
no, there is far too much literacy or semi-literacy to be considered another dark age... but have no fear, with modern edjumacation- any meaning will be lost...

-Imp
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Impenitent wrote:
bus2bondi wrote:

semiotics can be fun...

-Imp

no, there is far too much literacy or semi-literacy to be considered another dark age... but have no fear, with modern edjumacation- any meaning will be lost...

-Imp
Modern education is achieving more than it ever has. Not only is it continuing to push the boundaries of the highest levels, it is only catering for the widest possible demographic and providing more at then ever at all levels of education. Literacy is at an all time high.
This is why it might appear to be lacking to you?

But there really is not an excuse - you can only get out of education what each is individually willing to put into it. If you really think modern education is shite, then I suggest you look to yourself - there has never been such a great opportunity to learn as there is now; everything you need is at your fingertips.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:Modern education is achieving more than it ever has.
That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. Education (and I'm talking about schools) is one of the biggest scams on Earth. The Chicago teachers union has just put all of the city's teachers on strike, and in effect has told all of Chicago's children to go straight to Hell. Tear down every union in the world, get government completely out of education, and eliminate all educational tax breaks, including non-taxation of schools and student loans.
John

Post by John »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Modern education is achieving more than it ever has.
That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. Education (and I'm talking about schools) is one of the biggest scams on Earth. The Chicago teachers union has just put all of the city's teachers on strike, and in effect has told all of Chicago's children to go straight to Hell. Tear down every union in the world, get government completely out of education, and eliminate all educational tax breaks, including non-taxation of schools and student loans.
You want as many people to be denied an education to level the playing field for you Bob?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

John wrote:You want as many people to be denied an education to level the playing field for you Bob?
Only free-market education is compatible with a free society, my friend.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

earlier this summer Dan Skogen (a democrat) who is running for state senate was out going door to door talking with people. i talked with him for a little bit and he seemed like a really nice sincere fellow. i agreed with some of his thoughts. i'm not a democrat, or republican, but i agree with some of his thoughts. if he happens to wear a flag pin, (i have no idea if he does or not, i'm assuming as a politician he probably might every now and then) i don't think he is a bad person.

i understand that things are the way they are now, well because they are the way they are now. and in alot of ways it is better than the past, and in alot of ways it seems worse, and in alot of ways it seems different but the same. i'm not into flag pins myself, and for some reason, i don't know why, but i think that slowly they might become historical relics of the past.

symbols have always intriuged me. today even, at work i found myself for 5 minutes staring into a painting there filled with mystery. lines, shapes, history, and for the first time ever i walked up to it and looked closer into it and i found various forms of symbolism. (i shouldn't of did that, but i only took a quick break today and it was only for 5 minutes :oops:)

but i've been near that painting so many times, so many times, and for some reason i had to walk up to it closely today and look even deeper into it, and i found so much symbolism.

sometimes i've thought it's a part of life and necessary and so probably might or should be always, and sometimes i've thought it was at a time necessary but in the future it shouldn't exist. i don't know, but it seems to me that in the future, symbolism, or at least certain forms of it might become obsolete?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

bus2bondi wrote:earlier this summer Dan Skogen (a democrat) who is running for state senate was out going door to door talking with people. i talked with him for a little bit and he seemed like a really nice sincere fellow. i agreed with some of his thoughts. i'm not a democrat, or republican, but i agree with some of his thoughts. if he happens to wear a flag pin, (i have no idea if he does or not, i'm assuming as a politician he probably might every now and then) i don't think he is a bad person.

i understand that things are the way they are now, well because they are the way they are now. and in alot of ways it is better than the past, and in alot of ways it seems worse, and in alot of ways it seems different but the same. i'm not into flag pins myself, and for some reason, i don't know why, but i think that slowly they might become historical relics of the past.

symbols have always intriuged me. today even, at work i found myself for 5 minutes staring into a painting there filled with mystery. lines, shapes, history, and for the first time ever i walked up to it and looked closer into it and i found various forms of symbolism. (i shouldn't of did that, but i only took a quick break today and it was only for 5 minutes :oops:)

but i've been near that painting so many times, so many times, and for some reason i had to walk up to it closely today and look even deeper into it, and i found so much symbolism.

sometimes i've thought it's a part of life and necessary and so probably might or should be always, and sometimes i've thought it was at a time necessary but in the future it shouldn't exist. i don't know, but it seems to me that in the future, symbolism, or at least certain forms of it might become obsolete?
Symbols and allegories will never become obsolete, in fact they are the only things that are real (see http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/ouzo-prophecy.pdf).
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

what's a human being without a symbol?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

bus2bondi wrote:what's a human being without a symbol?
not quite...

what's a symbol without human meaning?

-Imp