Black People and Crime

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: Black People and Crime

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
doolhoofd wrote:good point made by chaz
Thank you.
You're an idiot who knows nothing about America, nothing about economics, and nothing about society in general.
You're full of shit bob!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

tbieter wrote:I have sympathy for today's public school teacher.
I don't, they should all be thrown out on the street, and public education should be immediately abolished. Free-market capitalism is the only answer to the failure of government-controlled education.
SpheresOfBalance

tbieter wrote:
tbieter wrote:“While Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were continuing to stir up racial animosity in Sanford Florida, one of the worst mass shootings in Florida history was taking place in Miami. Last Friday, 14 people were shot and two men were killed during a funeral for 21-year-old Morvin Andre. A 5-year-old girl was wounded in the exchange as well. Why no outrage or calls for massive demonstrations? Because the shooters were allegedly black gang members attending the funeral. In other words, there’s nothing that can be politically exploited here by those willing to ignore the harsh reality that, in the overwhelming majority of cases, black Americans are being victimized by other black Americans.”
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/04/03/why- ... g-victims/

In Minnesota, North Minneapolis is the area where blacks regularly kill other blacks. Children are killed by drive-by shooters. Recently, a family heard gunfire. As the mother and kids were in flight upstairs, a bullet pierced the wall of the house and struck a boy in the back of his head killing him instantly. As is customary, thereafter a community protest against guns and violence is held. Appropriate T-shirts are worn by the attendees. The appropriate politicians are there. The media gives a reasonable amount of coverage to the event. But, as these events occur, the blacks in the area reload their equalizers. And life goes on as usual, with white people being quietly grateful for the continued confinement of black violence by area and victims.

Generally, blacks, who constitute about 12% of the US population, commit violent crimes disproportionate to their representation in the general population. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr ... tbl43a.xls

As a white person, I never enter North Minneapolis. And, given their propensity toward criminal conduct, I’m very wary whenever I encounter any black teenagers or adults, male or female.

To my knowledge, neither President Obama nor Attorney General Holder have ever delivered a major speech regarding the criminal behavior in the “black community”.

If they don’t care, why should any white person care. Rather, the prudent white person will concentrate on his or her personal strategy for self-defense.
This thread is about the incidence (not their motives, or their reasons for acting, or social conditions) for the disproportionate black crime rate generally and regarding blacks offending against blacks.
And so you actually believe that poverty has nothing to do with the rate?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: You're full of shit bob!
Only people who write in red are full of shit, honey.
SpheresOfBalance

artisticsolution wrote:
tbieter wrote: This thread is about the incidence (not their motives, or their reasons for acting, or social conditions) for the disproportionate black crime rate generally and regarding blacks offending against blacks.
I don't remember who the comedian was but I remember the punchline,

"When's the last time you saw a Swede hijack an airplane?"

LOL

I have to admit...

But then again I am half Mexican...and I must say....I do feel I am more "hot blooded" than some of my lily white friends.

Also, I wonder if there is something to be said about certain tendencies among races. Sort of like there is in breeds of dogs. I mean we have no problem talking about the temperament of certain breeds. We know that some breeds are more likely to bite than others. Could it be the same with people?

I say we can't get mixed soon enough! I am so sick to death of the race bullshit. Do you think there will ever come a day?
So you don't see that many things can be attributed to any particular group, and that one could pick one of those attributes that is not necessarily the crux of the matter, such that it could be said that the apparent reason for selecting the particular causal, was due to a bias, a meme if you will, that says more about the person judging, than it does the object of the judgment?
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: So you don't see that many things can be attributed to any particular group, and that one could pick one of those attributes that is not necessarily the crux of the matter, such that it could be said that the apparent reason for selecting the particular causal, was due to a bias, a meme if you will, that says more about the person judging, than it does the object of the judgment?
So you think race does not play a factor at all? You think all crime comes from only poverty?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

tbieter wrote:“Very much on point, Ron Haskins and Isabel Sawhill of the Brookings Institution recently wrote of the importance of three rules: finishing high school, getting a full-time job and waiting until age 21 before getting married and having children. Young people who followed all three norms had a full 74 percent chance of winding up in the middle class and only a 2 percent chance of being poor. By hard contrast, those who broke all three norms had a terrible 7 percent chance of becoming middle class but a huge 76 percent chance of winding up poor. (For context, more than half of all babies born to American women younger than 30 now come into this life outside of marriage.)

Politicians, teachers, parents and others, Haskins rightly argues, "need to constantly remind themselves and their children that personal responsibility is the key to success and insist that children and adolescents demonstrate more of it."

Does growing up under rough circumstance make it statistically less likely that boys and girls will do well in school and other parts of life? Without question, it does. But that's exactly why KSB - also venerably known as hard work - needs to be understood by all players as an essential game changer."
http://www.twincities.com/opinion/ci_20 ... cities.com

Currently, in Minnesota, less than fifty percent of students in the free public schools stay to graduate and get a diploma. The dropout rate is even greater for students of color. Without a high school diploma or GED certificate, adequate employment becomes difficult if not impossible to get. Getting a living through crime becomes an option. For example, see the Evanovich crime family: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8083&hilit=samaritan

I don't think that a teacher or school can do much with an unmotivated student.

Nevertheless, under The No Child Left Behind Law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act teachers can be fired and schools ("under-performing schools") closed if they don't measure up under the law.

I have sympathy for today's public school teacher.
Seems to b e a common theme for racists not to do their own thinking but resort to copy&paste.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

artisticsolution wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: So you don't see that many things can be attributed to any particular group, and that one could pick one of those attributes that is not necessarily the crux of the matter, such that it could be said that the apparent reason for selecting the particular causal, was due to a bias, a meme if you will, that says more about the person judging, than it does the object of the judgment?
So you think race does not play a factor at all? You think all crime comes from only poverty?

What do you mean different races?

What is a race anyway?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Thank you.
You're an idiot who knows nothing about America, nothing about economics, and nothing about society in general.
You're full of shit bob!
Gosh - we are on the same page!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
tbieter wrote:I have sympathy for today's public school teacher.
I don't, they should all be thrown out on the street, and public education should be immediately abolished. .
And see the crime rate soar to unparalleled heights.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
tbieter wrote:
tbieter wrote:“While Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were continuing to stir up racial animosity in Sanford Florida, one of the worst mass shootings in Florida history was taking place in Miami. Last Friday, 14 people were shot and two men were killed during a funeral for 21-year-old Morvin Andre. A 5-year-old girl was wounded in the exchange as well. Why no outrage or calls for massive demonstrations? Because the shooters were allegedly black gang members attending the funeral. In other words, there’s nothing that can be politically exploited here by those willing to ignore the harsh reality that, in the overwhelming majority of cases, black Americans are being victimized by other black Americans.”
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/04/03/why- ... g-victims/

In Minnesota, North Minneapolis is the area where blacks regularly kill other blacks. Children are killed by drive-by shooters. Recently, a family heard gunfire. As the mother and kids were in flight upstairs, a bullet pierced the wall of the house and struck a boy in the back of his head killing him instantly. As is customary, thereafter a community protest against guns and violence is held. Appropriate T-shirts are worn by the attendees. The appropriate politicians are there. The media gives a reasonable amount of coverage to the event. But, as these events occur, the blacks in the area reload their equalizers. And life goes on as usual, with white people being quietly grateful for the continued confinement of black violence by area and victims.

Generally, blacks, who constitute about 12% of the US population, commit violent crimes disproportionate to their representation in the general population. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr ... tbl43a.xls

As a white person, I never enter North Minneapolis. And, given their propensity toward criminal conduct, I’m very wary whenever I encounter any black teenagers or adults, male or female.

To my knowledge, neither President Obama nor Attorney General Holder have ever delivered a major speech regarding the criminal behavior in the “black community”.

If they don’t care, why should any white person care. Rather, the prudent white person will concentrate on his or her personal strategy for self-defense.
This thread is about the incidence (not their motives, or their reasons for acting, or social conditions) for the disproportionate black crime rate generally and regarding blacks offending against blacks.
No, I don't believe that.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

chaz wyman wrote:

What is a race anyway?
I believe I asked you a question first which you never answered...I asked what your solution would be to help ease the problem. But I won't wait for an answer...lol.

What I mean by race is large groups of people from geographic areas who display certain traits that are similar. If there are physical differences could it be that there are internal differences as well? I am talking about ancestry and the beginning of the origin of different races. How did that come to be? If there are different physical attributes of people...couldn't there also be different internal attributes such as more developed areas of the brain?

We know that there are genetic diseases that are more common in various races. So why is it such a reach to question any other differences?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_health

Could it be that brain development is different as well? I think it's a valid question to ask. But you seem to be wanting to make the argument, "Don't believe your eyes...believe me" without trying to even come up with a solution for what you believe. Oh yes...and then call people racists for even mentioning there may be a problem. I don't think that is a very successful argument anymore...it's been done to death and people aren't fallin for it anymore. I don't think Tom is a racist for making an observation. He would be a racist if he kept others down. But he is not a racist for simply asking why some blacks don't seem to want to take advantage of a free education in order to better themselves. You seem to have no solution to an obvious problem.
SpheresOfBalance

artisticsolution wrote:
The thing is, is that there are many things associated with the grouping of people; I see that grouping in and of itself is superficial, as there are many constituents which are inclusive in any particular individual, such that they could be said to belong to literally hundreds of groups, thus the particular grouping that one chooses to assign to any particular individual, is arbitrary and in fact says more of the judge than it does the object of the judgment.

The judge should be constantly aware of the fact that they are probably projecting a bias onto the individual in the grouping process, as they choose the one to use as the dominate label, 'so as to speak pointedly.' Whom is to judge the dominance of a particular constituent, in the forming of the label that is to be applied to a particular individual? How well does anyone know a particular individual that they have never met, in order to place them in the grouping of the most significance, as if that is the crux of their persona. This sounds clearly, at least to me, that it almost always says more about the judge, than it does the judged.

The list of things that can cause someone to become the perpetrator in a violent crime are many and are usually psychological in nature, which predominately are environmental as opposed to being inherited. (Sidebar as a parallel on a fundamental level)-->(Today, biologists are pointing more fingers at epigenetics as opposed to genetics as a causal of many of those things that plagues us.) The label attached to them is clearly that of the labeler as they project what it is "they see" upon the object of their judgment. They rarely, if ever conduct a psychological profile prior to labeling/grouping, such that it is clearly a conclusion that they jump to, without weighing the facts, or that most of the time they choose the constituent that is most apparent, which is certainly not necessarily the definitive attribute by which the object should be judged, it's merely convenient.

This is how I see it, in all fairness!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

artisticsolution wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:

What is a race anyway?
I believe I asked you a question first which you never answered...I asked what your solution would be to help ease the problem. But I won't wait for an answer...lol.

Then here is my answer: There is no solution based on race. That is why I asked you what you think it means.

What I mean by race is large groups of people from geographic areas who display certain traits that are similar. If there are physical differences could it be that there are internal differences as well? I am talking about ancestry and the beginning of the origin of different races. How did that come to be? If there are different physical attributes of people...couldn't there also be different internal attributes such as more developed areas of the brain?
And what race are you?

We know that there are genetic diseases that are more common in various races. So why is it such a reach to question any other differences?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_health

Could it be that brain development is different as well? I think it's a valid question to ask.

How do you account for Obama, Colin Powell, Bishop Tutu, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King.. do you really think they conform to your stereotype?

But you seem to be wanting to make the argument, "Don't believe your eyes...believe me" without trying to even come up with a solution for what you believe. Oh yes...and then call people racists for even mentioning there may be a problem.

But you are a racist. A racist is one who seeks a solution based on racial characteristics. This means you are using prejudice by judging a person, not on their own merits but on a set of biostats concerning others who look like them. And the reason why black people are in the position they are is due to years of racism, from whites and because black people have accepted and culturalised their own oppression. They have become exactly what the whites want them to be. The white record executives are lining up to sell songs and music vids that re-inforce the black-gansta as a criminal and misogynistic thug, and for black kids they represent role models in a world with very limited options. They are participating in their own oppression. The dominant group always needs scapegoats and skin colour is the best and most convenient way of identifying the out-group.
This virus has crept into Britain and now poor kids black and white follow rap and walk the walk and emulate the 'gansta' culure. They even talk black.

But a racist solution, rather than an economic one can only go one way. Even if you can prove people to have a greater propensity to be lazy or criminal - because they are genes the solution is to exterminate the genes involved. This means sterilisation or death.

I don't think that is a very successful argument anymore...it's been done to death and people aren't fallin for it anymore. I don't think Tom is a racist for making an observation. He would be a racist if he kept others down. But he is not a racist for simply asking why some blacks don't seem to want to take advantage of a free education in order to better themselves. You seem to have no solution to an obvious problem.

There is no race problem except from you and Tom. Your way of looking is creating the problem. There is no doubt that you can prove a statistical correlation between anything and any other thing; between big toes and crime; slanty eyes and maths; brown hair and puzzle solving. Thing is that when you get to individuals the correlation breaks down. Every person needs to have the right to be assessed on his or her own merits not on an accident of birth or the colour of their skin. And each deserves the same opportunities and special needs to flourish as an equal in society. There is nothing is the concept of race that moves towards that in any sense; rather it denies people those rights.

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

tbieter wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
tbieter wrote: This thread is about the incidence (not their motives, or their reasons for acting, or social conditions) for the disproportionate black crime rate generally and regarding blacks offending against blacks.
No, I don't believe that.
So what you are saying is that black people are born criminals?
And it nothing to do with their social and economic background. It is just because they are black?