John Gray

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Re: John Gray

Post by reasonvemotion »

This question is for John

Since I have joined the Forum, each time I read your post, the same question comes into my head.

WHAT BOOK IS TEDDY READING?
John

Post by John »

reasonvemotion wrote:This question is for John

Since I have joined the Forum, each time I read your post, the same question comes into my head.

WHAT BOOK IS TEDDY READING?
I asked this question before to see if anyone could tell what it was and a few spotted that it's The Communist Manifesto. He's also wearing an old East German army cap I picked up at a music festival many years ago as well hence he is Communist Ted :wink:
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I asked this question before to see if anyone could tell what it was and a few spotted that it's The Communist Manifesto. He's also wearing an old East German army cap I picked up at a music festival many years ago as well hence he is Communist Ted

:lol: I have one very similar to him, his name is Edward Bruno :lol:
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonvemotion wrote:
I asked this question before to see if anyone could tell what it was and a few spotted that it's The Communist Manifesto. He's also wearing an old East German army cap I picked up at a music festival many years ago as well hence he is Communist Ted

:lol: I have one very similar to him, his name is Edward Bruno :lol:
Is that because of Bruno Latour, or Frank Bruno - or another?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Surely its gotta be "Red Ted"!
John

Post by John »

Arising_uk wrote:Surely its gotta be "Red Ted"!
A fine name but it reminds me a bit too much of Red Ken :lol:
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

John

Reasonvemotion
I have one very similar to him, his name is Edward Bruno
Chaz Wyman
Is that because of Bruno Latour, or Frank Bruno - or another?
Reasonvemotion
Another. My parents gave teddy that name, that is how I remember being introduced to him. :oops:

Is this not grossly irreverent towards what is held sacred, discussing teddys on John Gray's post.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

reasonvemotion wrote:Is this not grossly irreverent towards what is held sacred, discussing teddys on John Gray's post.
Do you perhaps jest, recalling how this topic was started?
spike wrote:What is the matter with John Gray that he makes such mediocre, dubious arguments?
Especially given that you brought teddys into the topic?
In one of the earliest posts I read on the forum, did you not recite The Teddy Bears' Picnic so perhaps there is a market for a separate teddy topic e.g political/emotional/history aspects of teddys :)
spike

Post by spike »

John Gray is really full of crap as somebody said recently.

After 9/11 be predicted the end of globalization. It never happened. In fact, globalization picked up momentum after 9/11. The world liked what it had embarked on. He thinks of globalization as another utopianism scheme like communism was. But globalization has evolved, whereas communism was a deliberate contrivance. What is he thinking?

In the 1990s he talked about the "Brazilianization" of America, with blacks remaining as the lower classes and the whites as the upper classes, a phenomenon (he believed) that was uniquely to America but would never happen in Europe. Well, that isn't true either way. After all, look who is President of the US and then look at Europe's political ruling class.