occupying wall street - will it do any good

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: occupying wall street - will it do any good

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

AMAZING video just in, Occupy Wall Street Oakland California. Shocking.

I noticed that the news report was from Russia Today. Do we now have to rely on the Russians to get news from the USA concerning people exercising their democratic rights?
Democratic rights do not include trespassing on private property, you ignoramus! Why don't you read Walter Williams' column above and learn something rather than blatting your brains out!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

From Daily Kos' David Waldman via Twitter:

Next time I hear about how vets fight to protect our rights, I'll remember the one they shot in the head for actually exercising them.

The Oakland Police are reportedly doing a preliminary review of whether it was appropriate to shoot an Iraq war vet in the head with "non lethal" ammunition that has him in critical condition. I hope they also explain why it was necessary for one particular officer to throw an explosive device at a small crowd of protesters trying to administer first aid to the wounded vet. Absolutely sickening what the city of Oakland has done.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

From Daily Kos' David Waldman via Twitter:

Next time I hear about how vets fight to protect our rights, I'll remember the one they shot in the head for actually exercising them.

The Oakland Police are reportedly doing a preliminary review of whether it was appropriate to shoot an Iraq war vet in the head with "non lethal" ammunition that has him in critical condition. I hope they also explain why it was necessary for one particular officer to throw an explosive device at a small crowd of protesters trying to administer first aid to the wounded vet. Absolutely sickening what the city of Oakland has done.

Bill, does this have anything at all to do with "Occupying Wall Street"?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You would have had to be reading and actually following this thread in order to be able to understand the post you are questioning.

The video I posted earlier goes a long way in explaining the quoted phrase: Next time I hear about how vets fight to protect our rights, I'll remember the one they shot in the head for actually exercising them.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

You would have had to be reading and actually following this thread in order to be able to understand the post you are questioning.

The video I posted earlier goes a long way in explaining the quoted phrase: Next time I hear about how vets fight to protect our rights, I'll remember the one they shot in the head for actually exercising them.
It might be helpful if you at least gave a hint about what you're talking about.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Reward Offered for the Identity of the Police Officer Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

Posted on October 29, 2011 by WashingtonsBlog

Reward for the Identity of the Police Officer Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

A generous friend is offering a $4,000 reward for the identify of the policeman who shot Scott Olsen.

The officer can likely be seen in publicly available videos. But his badge and face are not visible.

Similarly, Anonymous is already leaking names and information of officers in the Oakland P.D., but it is still difficult for outsiders to identify the shooter.

As such, the tip will likely have to come from someone within the Oakland Police Department or the other law enforcement agencies present at the protest.

Do your force proud and stand up for liberty … identify the shooter.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Reward for the Identity of the Police Officer Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen
Apparently, there is an investigation into the shooting. It really doesn't matter if the victim was a Marine Veteran or not. If the shooting was wrong, it was wrong, and it doesn't matter if the victim was Mother Teresa or the Boston Strangler.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Great video.

Obermann hit it out of the park.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...............................Image

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

As far I as can figure out, this "Occupy Wall Street" bullshit is a protest against corporate greed and the inequality of wealth. What I'd like to know is, what do these protesters want the government to do about it? Maybe Bill can answer this question for me (but please do it in actual words instead of pictures and empty space).
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Although I am not an expert or presently an activist of the Occupy Wall Street movement I think you have the greater part of the movement understood correctly. Occupy Wall Street is a protest against corporate greed and the inequality of wealth.

We are government. The Occupy Wall Street movement was formed to raise awareness of corporate greed and the inequality of wealth throughout the world. In this respect the movement has been a colossal success. The fact that you and I are discussing this phenomenon is solid proof.

Perhaps one day in the not so distant future you and I will directly participate in the world-wide, growing protest against corporate greed and the inequality of wealth.

Again, if we are relating to the thread title, Re: occupying wall street - will it do any good I would have to say that the movement has already surpassed any imagined results that may have been forecast.

I hope that answered your question in a format that you can understand.

Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

You have failed to answer my question just like the protesters have. Exactly, what do you want the government to do about it?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Well, we are the government.

Citizens of the world like you and myself become more aware of a movement that perhaps represents our best interests on a basic level we will become more aware and perhaps even become involved in future change by becoming engaged with a level of our government.

Hope that helps.