In The News

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: In The News

Post by promethean75 »

"The guy was Asian. Doesn't fit the narrative. No flames to fan, so the story will die."

well if i were him i woulda written a manifesto about how much i hate asian people just to fuck with the prosecutor. 

is it or isn't it a hate crime; he hates asian people, but he's asian himself. A dilemma.

discuss.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:37 pm "The guy was Asian. Doesn't fit the narrative. No flames to fan, so the story will die."

well if i were him i woulda written a manifesto about how much i hate asian people just to fuck with the prosecutor. 

is it or isn't it a hate crime; he hates asian people, but he's asian himself. A dilemma.

discuss.
Yes, that’s a hate crime. It’s based on the way in which the target is regarded, not on the identity of the perpetrator.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I'd have to agree with those terms.

Now I wonder: if shooter chan were aksed why he hated asian people and he replied 'the asian race is inferior, etc.', would we be able to call him a racist as well.

Discuss.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:30 pm I'd have to agree with those terms.

Now I wonder: if shooter chan were aksed why he hated asian people and he replied 'the asian race is inferior, etc.', would we be able to call him a racist as well.

Discuss.
Yes, for the same reason.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Photos: Migrants Refuse to Leave NYC Hotel, Demand Taxpayers Give Them ‘Permanent Homes’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... ent-homes/

“Border crossers, who arrived in New York City on buses from Texas, are refusing to leave a luxury Manhattan hotel that city officials had placed them in.”

:lol:
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

lol Walker's still citing Breitbart, I see.

Some opinions are worth more than others. Walker's opinions are the worthless kind because he gets them straight from the ruling elite's propaganda machine.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:11 am Photos: Migrants Refuse to Leave NYC Hotel, Demand Taxpayers Give Them ‘Permanent Homes’

“Border crossers, who arrived in New York City on buses from Texas, are refusing to leave a luxury Manhattan hotel that city officials had placed them in.”

What would you do?
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:21 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:11 am Photos: Migrants Refuse to Leave NYC Hotel, Demand Taxpayers Give Them ‘Permanent Homes’

What would you do?
Send 200,000 more to the Big Apple.

The story in the news reminds me of an old TV episode. May have been from the Twilight Zone. This large hobo who was well dressed although the clothes were old, a bit wrinkled and shabby, figured out a plan to get a bed for the night. He went into a nice restaurant and ordered everything on the menu, course by course, and ate it all. When finished he had his attentive waiter bring him a cigar, then he smoked it and carefully studied the bill for his feast, carefully adding the numbers together while the waiter patiently waited. Then he announced that he had no money, figuring he would get tossed into jail. Instead, although angry the management decided to toss him out onto the street. No bed for him that night.
Walker

Post by Walker »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:10 am lol Walker's still citing Breitbart, I see.

Some opinions are worth more than others. Walker's opinions are the worthless kind because he gets them straight from the ruling elite's propaganda machine.
Facts are not opinions. Neither are squatters. The news item is factual, and so are the causes for that situation that's in the news.

Your opinion of me is worthless, and not based on fact, but rather upon your own ignorance, and bigotry.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Breitbart is bigotry. By all means, keep citing them and proving my point.
Walker

Post by Walker »

After you shut down that news outlet, you can shut down this one.

Migrants turn NYC hotel into violent, drug-infested ‘free-for-all’: employee
By
Patrick Reilly, NY Post
https://nypost.com/2023/01/31/migrants- ... oyee-says/
A once-trendy Manhattan hotel has become a wild “free-for-all” of sex, drugs and violence after the city began housing migrants there, an employee claimed Tuesday.

Row NYC worker Felipe Rodriguez — who told The Post earlier this month that migrants were throwing away “tons” of prepared food at the hotel — said the facility has now descended into “total chaos.

“Chaos, total chaos,” Rodriguez told “Fox & Friends” when asked to describe conditions at the hotel. “There’s no accountability.

“There is no daily supervision to show these people that … ‘You don’t destroy your hotel. You are only there temporarily. This is not your home.

“[The employees] endure a lot of disrespect from the migrants, and there [are] some nice migrants, but there’s too much alcohol, too much drugs and too much violence, and you have teenagers … going into the staircases and making out like it’s Lover’s Lane,” Rodriguez said. “This is a free-for-all.
Walker

Post by Walker »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:46 pm Breitbart is bigotry. By all means, keep citing them and proving my point.
You're an idiot, old news trying to get yourself back into the news.

No one cares about your personal, unsupported opinions.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Breitbart is bigotry. This from 2016:
Breitbart London on Tuesday published an article attacking Post columnist Anne Applebaum for her views on Poland’s right-wing government, in which it mentioned her Jewish heritage multiple times.

“And hell hath no fury like a Polish, Jewish, American elitist scorned,” Matthew Tyrmand wrote in the article, adding that Applebaum used her “global media contacts” to spread liberal propaganda. ... Tyrmand “has an agreement with the foreign ministry of Poland’s right-wing nationalist government to assist with communications.”
https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pr ... i-semitic/
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Breitbart is bigotry. This from 2016:
Steve Bannon: “We’re the platform for the alt-right”
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... bart-news/
Walker

Post by Walker »

The Definitive Kamala Harris Laughing Supercut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poaj3NtemyM

Every day the odds increase that this person will be POTUS.
At any moment that could be the biggest news story on the planet.

That’s just amazing.
Way to go, Democrats.
Every person who voted for Biden is directly responsible.