In The News

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: In The News

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:19 pm I found another example today, but one related to the above.
Based on what the Left now is, we can more clearly define The Left.

The Left is not some nostalgic fantasy for Classical Liberalism. No, that doesn't define the Left at all.

The Left is a way of thinking that corrupts.

The Left is Corruption. Corruption of what? Corruption of design, or more specifically, corruption of functional and efficient design. Think about it, beginning with the design of the body, the design of cheap transportation, functional government that unleashed human potential, and so on. They have to corrupt it, gotta lower everything to equality rather than elevate equity to the highest consciousness in the room.

Design applies to everything, including truth, thus the importance of the fantasy narratives the Left creates, such as the belief that the activities of humans will destroy all life on the planet because humans exist, but giving most of your income to the government, and doing what the government says you should do, will fix things. Truth is designed to accurately correlate cause and effect, so that pretense of objectivity is the ostensible cover for pushing a narrative that is just loaded with assumptions. The main assumption is that the end justifies the means, and AlGore is the poster boy for that. His purpose (end) is the gravy train and his means is selling snake oil.

All observed without even a tich of bitterness, or anger. This is just the way things are, and reporting the news does not make the news.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:31 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:19 pm I found another example today, but one related to the above.
Based on what the Left now is, we can more clearly define The Left.
It's primarily one or another form of Neo-Marxism. It's a form of Collectivism bent on ginning up hatred among groups...racial, sexual, ability, body type, identity, etc...so as to cause "revolution" and shatter the status quo, whatever it may be. Their belief, oddly enough, is that destruction is creativity, since destroying the status quo releases the "teleology of History," or, we should say, "History, the god," to progress forward to something better, through a continual cycle of 'creative destruction' of the existing institutions and forms. (That's why, for example they celebrate the burning of neighbourhoods and the looting of businesses...it shows that artifacts of the status quo are being destroyed...and for them, that's always good. That's also why they love open borders; it shows that the "construct" of the nation is being shattered and its institutions undermined...all good, for them.)

That's Leftism. And it has total contempt for Classical Liberalism because Classical Liberalism tries to maximize the opportunities of individuals...and the Left believes that people are not individuals, but are herds defined by particular "identity groups." Human beings themselves are "constructs" of their environment, of their socialization. And nobody is immune, then think, so nobody can speak in any way but as a pawn of his or her own "identity positionality" within the collective identity group.

The bigger and more angry the group, the more the Left likes it. Except for white, Western males, of course, whom it says are inexcusably wicked by dint of having been born that way, and who cannot be otherwise, even as grovelling "allies." They form the perpetual object of all Leftist hatred, which is the only glue holding the disparate "aggrieved" identity groups in any harmony at all.

So it's a Collectivist ideology, driven by hatred, rabble-rousing and racism-sexism, with a goal to the ongoing destruction of existing society in the name of a Utopia they admit they cannot even define, and which has no definite destination in the future, save perpetual revolution.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:39 am You conflate reporting the news with all kinds of emotionalism such as bitterness, outrage, and polarization. That's your world, not mine.
Not at all. I'm simply noticing that you conflate reporting the news with ranting against what you define as 'The Left'. That's your distorted world, not a broader reality.
Walker wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:31 am The Left is a way of thinking that corrupts. The Left is Corruption. Corruption of what? Corruption of design, or more specifically, corruption of functional and efficient design.
Is all of this not true of 'The Right'?

What is your agenda for distinctly attributing such things to one 'side' of an entire corrupt system?

Your skewed political observations are as ineffective as, say, focusing on one side of a grizzly bear that is charging you. The entire beast is ripping apart the fabric of what we've known. Vilifying one 'side' exclusively is exactly the goal that the corrupt system is jockeying for... and you are still serving it. Have they got your vote? What can they do to get your vote? What are they willing to do to win? Because it's all about WINNING... not truth or what's right. THAT'S the broader reality!

We can be pawns for or against one order/faction or another, or we can disconnect from that convoluted game and be aware of a larger picture/reality of an entire system. A system that has been built and sustained through our efforts but that has now become our corrupt master. We continue being enslaved if we tie our identities to it.

It's only natural and logical to be free to evolve beyond old systems that no longer make sense.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:58 am
commonsense wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:01 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:09 pm
He says that the oceans are boiling because humans are blowing up 600,000 Hirshoma-class A-bombs every day, and he seems very agitated about this.

Al Gore is Godfather of Climate Change, and so identified in the links intro., by the lady who keeps nodding in agreement with his ranting.
I missed where Gore said the oceans are boiling because of 600,000 Hiroshima class A bombs daily. Could you give me the time marker for that?
No. I'm not going to watch it for you.
And I’m not going to watch again.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I think you’ll like this source.

A New Theory of the Universe
Biocentrism builds on quantum physics by putting life into the equation
by Robert Lanza in The American Scholar
https://theamericanscholar.org/a-new-th ... -universe/

“Today’s preoccupation with physical theories of everything takes a wrong turn from the purpose of science—to question all things relentlessly. Modern physics has become like Swift’s kingdom of Laputa, flying absurdly on an island above the earth and indifferent to what is beneath. When science tries to resolve its conflicts by adding and subtracting dimensions to the universe like houses on a Monopoly board, we need to look at our dogmas and recognize that the cracks in the system are just the points that let the light shine more directly on the mystery of life.” - Lanza
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:24 pm I think you’ll like this source.

A New Theory of the Universe
Biocentrism builds on quantum physics by putting life into the equation
by Robert Lanza in The American Scholar
https://theamericanscholar.org/a-new-th ... -universe/

“Today’s preoccupation with physical theories of everything takes a wrong turn from the purpose of science—to question all things relentlessly. Modern physics has become like Swift’s kingdom of Laputa, flying absurdly on an island above the earth and indifferent to what is beneath. When science tries to resolve its conflicts by adding and subtracting dimensions to the universe like houses on a Monopoly board, we need to look at our dogmas and recognize that the cracks in the system are just the points that let the light shine more directly on the mystery of life.” - Lanza
Lengthy but interesting perspective. In a nutshell the subtitle says it all.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:04 pm It's primarily one or another form of Neo-Marxism ...
In the news: The elites at Davos are conspiring to save the planet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsEGfhaX4PQ
(A revealing half minute)

“When you stop to think about it, it’s rather extraordinary that we, a select group of human beings, because of whatever touched us at some point in our lives, are able to sit in a room and come together and actually talk about saving the planet. I mean it’s so almost extraterrestrial to think about “saving the planet.” If you said that to most people, most people they’d think you’re just a crazy, tree hugging Lefty liberal you know, a do-gooder or whatever, and there’s no relationship but really, that’s where we are.” – John Kerry, US Climate priest … that is, Climate Envoy.

Commentary: What touched this clown at some point in his life was a rich wife.
Talk about Master Race Hubris. Sheesh. The Left does like their totalitarians.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:51 pm...
Questions, accusations and assumptions and innuendo do not a case, make.

The decades-long-game of government indoctrination has shifted the ground of the zeitgeist and the tree of ignorance is now fruiting.
Last edited by Walker on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gore says the problem is your emissions, not his.
Well he hasn't said it to me. :?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:16 pm
Gore says the problem is your emissions, not his.
Well he hasn't said it to me. :?
Sure he has. You have not heard.

He is a high priest of Davos, you infidel.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:20 pm

To me he is just a name that I seem to think I've heard somewhere before.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:26 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:20 pm

To me he is just a name that I seem to think I've heard somewhere before.
Then let me straighten you out.

Gore is a wrathful guardian priest. You think anyone on that stage would have disagreed with that maniac, especially when he started growling? No sirree. He has the wrath of righteousness and he wears cowboy boots, but he’s only doing good things for himself and those others who are in league with him, and the devil take the hindmost. They probably have all invested in "renewables" such as electric cars :roll: , so that’s the reason for the big push in that direction. Electric cars and whatnot are the financial frontier for these hucksters, and they have the added bonus of government clout/coercion. You know how it is with rich folks. They can never have enough. They simply regulate and make alternatives inaccessible because of cost, or regulations. The offense to intelligent folks, i.e. those on the Right, is that these self-annointed fundamental-changers have the self-concept of a holier-than-thou attitude, such as that expressed by Kerry of the Heinz Ketchup fortune. They cloak their plans in phony altruism ... as anyone can see. They don't want to help you or me, no siree.

I'll tell you this. It stinks.
Last edited by Walker on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:40 pm Then let me straighten you out.
Please don't move me, I'm comfortable in this position.
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol: