In The News

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: In The News

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:24 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:10 pm - Let's face the truth.
You don't have a very good record of knowing what that is.
Well, I've heard on your authority that lots of folks think lots of things, so just because some of those things don't agree with your recordings doesn't make them wrong now, does it.

Old crazy Al Gore would like nothing better than to get his hands on a stack of leather-bound Presidental Declarations to sign. He just might be the ticket to pound the POTUS podium with all that righteous anger over emissions.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm
- So-called Climate Change is a political movement, not a scientific movement.
Climate change is science.
COVID vaxes are science.
The food pyramid is science.
Fauci and Dawkins are science.
Materialism is science.
Dialectical Materialism is science.
Psychoanalysis is science.
Behaviourism is science.
Naturopathy is science.
Scientology is science.
Quantitative easing is science.
Phrenology is science.
Alchemy is science.

I'm starting to wonder if the only time when people actually say the phrase, "X is science" is when they're wrong.
Good point.

I think this is what happens when complacency turns folks into Relativists. When that happens the only hard edges are what they want. The means that justify the self-serving end are not hard-edges. They're soft, like the reasoning of the Relativists that recognize nothing more than expediency.

This is mirrored in every walk of life, such as the corporate structure of business that aims for short-term gains, and the corporate structure of the military that whispers to China, Don't worry, I'll let you know if the POTUS plans an attack.

(Old news that explains the last comment.)
https://nypost.com/2021/09/29/milley-ad ... an-attack/
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:45 pm
Well, I've heard on your authority that lots of folks think lots of things, so just because some of those things don't agree with your recordings doesn't make them wrong now, does it.

Old crazy Al Gore would like nothing better than to get his hands on a stack of leather-bound Presidental Declarations to sign. He just might be the ticket to pound the POTUS podium with all that righteous anger over emissions.
Your errors have nothing to do with agreeing with me -- you've developed your reputation all on your own.

Do you apply your insightful bitter commentary to Republican representatives? There certainly have been and are MANY deserving the kind of outrage you like to voice about Democrats. Or do you really imagine that you can know truth by being so polarized?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:07 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm
- So-called Climate Change is a political movement, not a scientific movement.
Climate change is science.
COVID vaxes are science.
The food pyramid is science.
Fauci and Dawkins are science.
Materialism is science.
Dialectical Materialism is science.
Psychoanalysis is science.
Behaviourism is science.
Naturopathy is science.
Scientology is science.
Quantitative easing is science.
Phrenology is science.
Alchemy is science.

I'm starting to wonder if the only time when people actually say the phrase, "X is science" is when they're wrong.
Good point.
I found another example today, but one related to the above.

You remember how the pro-vaxxers all kept saying "Follow the science," and Fauci even famously declared, "I am science"?

Well, the Dr. Brett Giroir, former head of the FDA, put out a tweet, saying, effectively, "You need to exempt people with natural immunities from the vaxxes; because all our research shows that natural immunities are far superior to the chemical ones." He added, we need to "follow the science" on this.

The "science" was not followed. His tweet was censored, instead. So what, then, did the phrase "follow the science" actually function to do?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Hey Walker—

Here’s a link to a peer reviewed reputable source (can you say the same about your sources?):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change

Here’s another:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_denial
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:09 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:55 pm Yes, Science identifies the problem and possible solutions, and politics handles what to do about it.
He says that the oceans are boiling because humans are blowing up 600,000 Hirshoma-class A-bombs every day, and he seems very agitated about this.

Al Gore is Godfather of Climate Change, and so identified in the links intro., by the lady who keeps nodding in agreement with his ranting.
I missed where Gore said the oceans are boiling because of 600,000 Hiroshima class A bombs daily. Could you give me the time marker for that?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:14 pm As a political movement, Climate Change does not represent science.

The Climate Change political movement represents a Secular Religion.
This is all cattywompus. Climate Change is not a political movement. The ones who make it a religion are those Luddites who don’t believe what science tells them.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Harbal wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:25 pm I just watched some of the video. Al Gore seems okay to me. What's the problem?
Is there a (mis)interpretation of what Gore says that could support what Walker says he says? I don’t see such a thing.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:40 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:45 pm

Your errors have nothing to do with agreeing with me -- you've developed your reputation all on your own.

Do you apply your insightful bitter commentary to Republican representatives? There certainly have been and are MANY deserving the kind of outrage you like to voice about Democrats. Or do you really imagine that you can know truth by being so polarized?
:lol:

You conflate reporting the news with all kinds of emotionalism such as bitterness, outrage, and polarization. That's your world, not mine.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:25 pm Hey Walker—

Here’s a link to a peer reviewed reputable source (can you say the same about your sources?):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change

Here’s another:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_denial
Don't believe everything you read. At some point you have to start thinking for yourself.

The next link in the news is food for much thought. Perhaps you can verify the information with your borrowed sources?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Moved to the end of this posting series.
Last edited by Walker on Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacedwings wrote: -- you've developed your reputation all on your own.
In your world, so have you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:25 pm I just watched some of the video. Al Gore seems okay to me. What's the problem?
Gore says the problem is your emissions, not his.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:01 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:09 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:55 pm Yes, Science identifies the problem and possible solutions, and politics handles what to do about it.
He says that the oceans are boiling because humans are blowing up 600,000 Hirshoma-class A-bombs every day, and he seems very agitated about this.

Al Gore is Godfather of Climate Change, and so identified in the links intro., by the lady who keeps nodding in agreement with his ranting.
I missed where Gore said the oceans are boiling because of 600,000 Hiroshima class A bombs daily. Could you give me the time marker for that?
No. I'm not going to watch it for you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The end of this posting series, for your intellectual provocation and entertainment.

Lacewing, you can use it to talk about me!

:lol:

A New Theory of the Universe
Biocentrism builds on quantum physics by putting life into the equation
by Robert Lanza in The American Scholar
https://theamericanscholar.org/a-new-th ... -universe/

“The trees and snow evaporate when we’re sleeping. The kitchen disappears when we’re in the bathroom. When you turn from one room to the next, when your animal senses no longer perceive the sounds of the dishwasher, the ticking clock, the smell of a chicken roasting—the kitchen and all its seemingly discrete bits dissolve into nothingness—or into waves of probability. The universe bursts into existence from life, not the other way around as we have been taught. For each life there is a universe, its own universe. We generate spheres of reality, individual bubbles of existence. Our planet is comprised of billions of spheres of reality, generated by each individual human and perhaps even by each animal.”
– Robert Lanza

Commentary: One more reason why life is the measure of all things.

I would invite Lanza to consider that only one mind exists, and our planet is comprised of billions of access portals to that one mind (elephant). Some portals access more of mind, some access less of mind, some access the same portions of mind, some access different portions of mind, some portals access overlapping portions. Because of the varying capacities of access to the one mind, each portal is what he calls a sphere of reality.