In The News

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: In The News

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:28 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:16 pm I said BLM protests regularly go violent which has been true. Yes. Charlottesville was violent but other than the Capitol, how many protests by so-labeled "white supremacists" have gone violent? Why should the Capitol police be ready for violence from people who haven't been regularly violent and who are usually waving American flags praising the Constitution and all the usual stuff? Why shouldn't the Capitol police have been ready for a BLM protest had there been one on Capitol grounds?
The Proud Boys and the Oathkeepers among other groups in attentance at Jan 6th were well known for thier violence. You might remember the whole "Stand by and stand down" thing that Trump said? That's who it was for.

OK. Fair point. I'll concede that point. Both BLM and Trump supporters should be equally deemed enemies of the US government as it currently operates. Do you agree?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:36 pm OK. Fair point. I'll concede that point. Both BLM and Trump supporters should be equally deemed enemies of the US government as it currently operates. Do you agree?
I'm going to politely skip the Jacobi level of snide conspiracy silliness buried in the prase "US government as it currently operates".

The average Trump voter probably doesn't merit quite the same level of disdain as this guy...
6MWE refers to 6 million dead Jews not being enough.

Not to mention the Boogaloo Boy (another bunch of "so labeled" white supremacists) who got caught and prosecuted for sneaking into a BLM protest and tying to turn it into a dealy riot by shooting up a Minneapolis police station

But beyond that, the Trump supporters who stormed your parliament and tried to end your democracy were pursuing on objective lie. The election wasn't fixed, there were no Italian satellites transferring votes from Trump to Biden, that was an absurd, idiotic, lie. There were no suitcases, no 20,000 mules, no millions of dead voters, and no Jews smuggling dark people into America to make a more compliant polulation that is easier to do their Jewish wickedness to.

By contrast, there is definitely a problem of black people getting killed and then the killers (who are often black cops) not really getting asked any tough questions about it. Under those circumstances you should protest that your life does matter, and people should really be willing to agree to that quite easily.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:08 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:55 pm Gary, that other guy has already led you astray from the truth and decency of proper and ethical forum procedure concerning graphics.

I wouldn't listen to him, even though you've both eaten from the tree of ignorance and want what you've been told to want, which is to see Trump behind bars, in an orange jumpsuit, cuffed, shackled, and head shaven.

:shock:

Oh yes, it's true and you would do well to admit that need to yourself.

:wink:
:lol:
I think you would do well to stop worrying so much about Trump. He didn't do anything special for you other than sit in the White House and use the executive chair as a toilet. But, yes. If Trump deserves to be held accountable for being a 'cretin', then others deserve to be held accountable for doing much worse. Or, perhaps we ought to just wipe the slate clean, let bygones be bygones, not hold anyone accountable and just make sure it never happens again?
This is classic whataboutism. Trump did bad things but must be given a pass because of all the others who did bad things throughout history and got off without consequences. Really?

A thief mugs you on the street. You grab him and hold him until the police arrive. Should he be allowed to escape without consequences because others have? I don’t think so.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:53 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:36 pm OK. Fair point. I'll concede that point. Both BLM and Trump supporters should be equally deemed enemies of the US government as it currently operates. Do you agree?
I'm going to politely skip the Jacobi level of snide conspiracy silliness buried in the prase "US government as it currently operates".

The average Trump voter probably doesn't merit quite the same level of disdain as this guy...
6MWE refers to 6 million dead Jews not being enough.

Not to mention the Boogaloo Boy (another bunch of "so labeled" white supremacists) who got caught and prosecuted for sneaking into a BLM protest and tying to turn it into a dealy riot by shooting up a Minneapolis police station

But beyond that, the Trump supporters who stormed your parliament and tried to end your democracy were pursuing on objective lie. The election wasn't fixed, there were no Italian satellites transferring votes from Trump to Biden, that was an absurd, idiotic, lie. There were no suitcases, no 20,000 mules, no millions of dead voters, and no Jews smuggling dark people into America to make a more compliant polulation that is easier to do their Jewish wickedness to.

By contrast, there is definitely a problem of black people getting killed and then the killers (who are often black cops) not really getting asked any tough questions about it. Under those circumstances you should protest that your life does matter, and people should really be willing to agree to that quite easily.
Fair enough. You seem to know more about it than I do. I just want to avoid violence, war, and armageddon and I don't see that happening the way things are going right now.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:57 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:55 pm Gary, that other guy has already led you astray from the truth and decency of proper and ethical forum procedure concerning graphics.

I wouldn't listen to him, even though you've both eaten from the tree of ignorance and want what you've been told to want, which is to see Trump behind bars, in an orange jumpsuit, cuffed, shackled, and head shaven.

:shock:

Oh yes, it's true and you would do well to admit that need to yourself.

:wink:
:lol:
I think you would do well to stop worrying so much about Trump. He didn't do anything special for you other than sit in the White House and use the executive chair as a toilet. But, yes. If Trump deserves to be held accountable for being a 'cretin', then others deserve to be held accountable for doing much worse. Or, perhaps we ought to just wipe the slate clean, let bygones be bygones, not hold anyone accountable and just make sure it never happens again?
This is classic whataboutism. Trump did bad things but must be given a pass because of all the others who did bad things throughout history and got off without consequences. Really?
OK. So starting with Trump, let's clean up this mess and stop fucking up from here forward.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:20 pm

OK. So starting with Trump, let's clean up this mess and stop fucking up from here forward.
Why not?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:33 pm

Why not?
You tell me.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

If an indictment isn't handed down for the orange man's arrest, I guarantee u it's becuz he paid em off. Paying hush money to prevent a hush money charge.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:12 pm If an indictment isn't handed down for the orange man's arrest, I guarantee u it's becuz he paid em off. Paying hush money to prevent a hush money charge.
If that happened it would not shock me. People who have plenty of money and don't stand for anything other than money will always obey their master. But we'll see.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Of course, Trump could threaten to unleash his minions on the Justice Department if they refuse to let him off. That would amount to extortion. Those who operate that way themselves will probably be sympathetic to that as well.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:57 pm

Why not?
You tell me.
I cannot think of a reason not to prosecute Trump, for Georgia especially.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

commonsense wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:35 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:57 pm

Why not?
You tell me.
I cannot think of a reason not to prosecute Trump, for Georgia especially.
Then let's roll with it!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

How can u look at this guy and not know? Forget about everything u now know and just look at the guy. How did u not see any of that coming?

th-37321202.jpg
th-37321202.jpg (16.69 KiB) Viewed 687 times

Why is it that conservative politicians and news pundits always look the most sketchy? It's like the demons that they are are so ugly even taking a human form can't fully conceal it. Look at trump. I'm reminded of Blake's 'ghost of a flea' or 'soul of a flea' or whatever it wuz called. This tiny little blood sucking creature with the face of a hideous monster.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:57 pm How can u look at this guy and not know? Forget about everything u now know and just look at the guy. How did u not see any of that coming?

th-37321202.jpg

Why is it that conservative politicians and news pundits always look the most sketchy? It's like the demons that they are are so ugly even taking a human form can't fully conceal it. Look at trump. I'm reminded of Blake's 'ghost of a flea' or 'soul of a flea' or whatever it wuz called. This tiny little blood sucking creature with the face of a hideous monster.
He's got "dirt bag" written all over him. Ready to suck the life out of tax payers.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:57 pm How can u look at this guy and not know? Forget about everything u now know and just look at the guy. How did u not see any of that coming?

th-37321202.jpg

That's because people tend to look like what they are. Humans have evolved to 'read' each other. It's a survival mechanism. You only have to look at many 'before and after' photos of the rich and powerful. We all eventually end up looking the way we deserve to look, whether it's through overindulgence, bad diet, lack of exercise, lust for money, leering constantly, lack of smiling, mean thoughts.... It all comes to the surface eventually.