What do American Republicans want?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

What do American Republicans want?

Post by Gary Childress »

My understanding is that Trump supporters are not so much for Trump as they are unhappy with the status quo and look to Trump to "drain the swamp". My question is, what kind of society are you interested in seeing? I know you want "small government" but why? What about small corporations? Do you advocate for that also?
commonsense

Re: What do American Republicans want?

Post by commonsense »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:39 pm My understanding is that Trump supporters are not so much for Trump as they are unhappy with the status quo and look to Trump to "drain the swamp". My question is, what kind of society are you interested in seeing? I know you want "small government" but why? What about small corporations? Do you advocate for that also?
Disclaimer; I am a moderate Independent.

You can understand traditional conservative Republicans if you view things from the standpoint of someone who has acquired his wealth and possessions without assistance from others, either by birth or by working diligently.

Ask yourself what kinds of things would such a person want for himself and what kinds of things would such a person disapprove in others.

If what you’ve acquired in life has been gifted or earned, especially if you’ve acquired lots, you’ll want to keep it rather than pay taxes to support a large government. Another benefit of keeping what you have protected is that others cannot be lazy, but rather will have to attain things the way you did.

In general, you wouldn’t like changes. Doing things the traditional way would be to your preference. Traditional family units. Traditional Christian churches. Traditional gender roles. Guns are traditional from the days of the Old West. Abortion—doesn’t fit with traditional churches. Marijuana—that’s a no-no.

Maybe the best way to understand traditional conservative Republicans is to think of people who are at least somewhat rich and at least somewhat puritanical.

Now MAGA Republicans—that’s a different story.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I think they don't really know what they want, as long as noting changes; or anything upsets their beliefs or myths.

Conservatives have a myth about the US, that is continually at odds with reality. That makes them angry. They are angry at anything that departs from the two car family with 2.5 children, father goes to work wilsh mom stays home and cooks betty crocker, having a meal on the table having picked up the kids from school; whitey church going buttoned up shoe shine marshmallows in the steak bbq beer with the buddies; shooting the dwindling stocks of deer rubbing their war medals. hate fags and queens and blacks and chinks, though might tolerate a coconut as long as he says away from the white women.
An America that never existed, but nonetheless they are angry at the myriad challenges to that idyll.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The Republican political establishment does not want Trump.

It’s possible that … Trump and DeSantis could be conspiring a double whammy. Neither of them are the unhinged narcissists that the media portrays. Everyone knows that the political establishments, the power brokers of both parties, do not want to see Trump in the White House ever ever again. The first time they were caught napping and Trump rode into office on a populist wave, before the election procedures were changed for Covid to make voting easier to alter, and before the latest population redistricting that was not adopted by New York State or Florida. The results in those two traditionally Democrat sanctuaries reflect the will of the people and voted out many of the Dem wits. However, this time Party Power is loaded for bear and by hook or crook they will not let Trump win the nomination, just the way they didn’t let Bernie Sanders win the nomination for the 2016 POTUS election and instead gave it to cackling Hillary. Both parties have been preparing for Trump’s kind. They will do anything to keep him out, including allowing the renegade DeSantis* into the nomination. Trump and DeSantis know this. Trump would make an excellent VP for DeSantis to pick, and he would do that. His only duties would be to advise the president and give rallies, which he likes to do.

Did you know that during the Covid-19 response he hired his own medical experts and based Florida's non-totalitarian response on his analysis of their information, rather than on what Washington was dishing out.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:34 am I think they don't really know what they want, as long as noting changes; or anything upsets their beliefs or myths.

Conservatives have a myth about the US, that is continually at odds with reality. That makes them angry. They are angry at anything that departs from the two car family with 2.5 children, father goes to work wilsh mom stays home and cooks betty crocker, having a meal on the table having picked up the kids from school; whitey church going buttoned up shoe shine marshmallows in the steak bbq beer with the buddies; shooting the dwindling stocks of deer rubbing their war medals. hate fags and queens and blacks and chinks, though might tolerate a coconut as long as he says away from the white women.
An America that never existed, but nonetheless they are angry at the myriad challenges to that idyll.
Your brain has a cartoon-like understanding of the world, and of nuance. There's more deer than ever. You have to dodge them on the roads.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 am The Republican political establishment does not want Trump.
Yet, they wanted him before -- and now we're supposed to pretend that they didn't support him through all sorts of insane crap.
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 am
Trump and DeSantis could be conspiring a double whammy. Neither of them are the unhinged narcissists that the media portrays.
Yes, Trump clearly is. Pretty much everyone knows it. What planet are you from and why are you pretending that reality is different than it is?

I bet you believe what the media says about Biden and anyone else you don't agree with or like. The media only lies about Trump, right? The media never fills YOUR head with skewed lies that you go on to repeat and spread around with total insane conviction, right?
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 am Everyone knows that the political establishments, the power brokers of both parties, do not want to see Trump in the White House ever ever again.
Oh, you think that's because he was "great". :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, Walker... stop making up excuses and excessive praise for him. He often fulfilled the role of a deranged clown that a lot of Republicans didn't recognize until it was too late. He simply represented a "WIN" for them. Goes to show how politicians will sell their integrity and souls for any clown that gets them free tickets to the circus.

This was a terrible and embarrassing part of our political history. We reached new lows on so many levels, and it's still going on. It's astounding that people like you still champion it! Wow.

Stop blindly supporting political party distortions and start demanding that ALL politicians work together to support ALL Americans. If you support their polarized crap, they have you hooked and you are a pawn for madness. I don't want Biden or Trump. I want youth and truth. Most politicians are too old and too entrenched to do the necessary work for the real challenges facing future generations. We have to stop going along with the status quo and insanity that we're being fed... whether it's in politics, religion, media, business, society, etc... think independently, demand balance, and reward truth.

Simple thing to consider for oneself: If you see mostly "right" in one camp, and mostly "wrong" in another camp, you are most likely a brain-washed pawn who validates the ongoing power-plays of those in power. Such negligent games destroy all.
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol:

My oh my. Hook, line, and sinker.
But, do you have what it takes to be an agent in the Matrix?

Here’s some plain and simple objective facts:

- Policies of Trump built up the US, by design.
- Policies of Biden are quickly destroying the US at home and abroad, by design.

You know in your sentimental heart of hearts that this is true. So true.

Stop blindly supporting political party distortions and start demanding that ALL politicians work together to support ALL Americans.
This is The Lamentation Song of the Left, US version, that no longer has total federal control ... but like Dark Matter, the Swamp takes up the slack for the Left, busy as beavers instituting fraud into election processing procedures, balloting procedures, and voting procedures. Ballot harvesting, oh my! Mail in voting, what a joke. :roll:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:08 am My oh my. Hook, line, and sinker.
Describing yourself?
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:08 am the Left, busy as beavers instituting fraud into election processing procedures, balloting procedures, and voting procedures. Ballot harvesting, oh my! Mail in voting, what a joke.
Wow... to see someone actually saying this with such rabid conviction. :) I thought it was primarily limited to the media's toxic nonsense.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:12 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:34 am I think they don't really know what they want, as long as noting changes; or anything upsets their beliefs or myths.

Your brain has a cartoon-like understanding of the world, and of nuance. There's more deer than ever. You have to dodge them on the roads.
I'm so glad it was YOU that responded - you immediately recognised yourself!!

Priceless!!!
:D :D
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:08 am

Here’s some plain and simple objective facts:

- Policies of Biden are quickly destroying the US at home and abroad, by design.
Both tragically wrong.
Just an example of a person that not only sucks up the lies, but swallows too.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:54 pm
I'm so glad it was YOU that responded - you immediately recognised yourself!!

Priceless!!!
:D :D
Good Lord. It doesn't take much to bring out your inner Pee Wee who says, "I know you are, but what am I?"
(Do try and not be a complete idiot. The usual moron is mucho enough.)

By the objective measurements of Presidential Performance, Trump is a shining star and Brandon is corruption personified.

You know it's true. So does everyone else. You should stop lying to yourself, at least out loud.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Let's make it bigger that the surroundings, because it's important. That's why you're trying to blur it for the confused fence sitters who are the agnostics of politics and say ... Gee, we just really can't say for sure 'cause you know, America and everything. :roll:

Walker

Post by Walker »

The change begins with higher energy costs.
This is followed by power blackouts in homes and on Electric Avenue.

Gotta save the juice for the servers and the big donors.

Warmth in the winter is a myth.
AC in the summertime is a myth, but not for the servers.
Abundant energy is a myth.
Somewhere down the line in the chain of causation will appear Soylant Green.

By God, we're going to prove it.
You are going to suffer, America.
When America suffers, the world suffers.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:01 am
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:08 am My oh my. Hook, line, and sinker.
Describing yourself?
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:08 am the Left, busy as beavers instituting fraud into election processing procedures, balloting procedures, and voting procedures. Ballot harvesting, oh my! Mail in voting, what a joke.
Wow... to see someone actually saying this with such rabid conviction. :) I thought it was primarily limited to the media's toxic nonsense.
It's a fact. You must have been asleep during Covid when the busy beavers were building drop boxes, and installing other devices.

All changes to return to the way we were in the dimension of elections, before Covid, are now called voter suppression, don't you know. Sounds nasty, doesn't it. That's because the Evil Left means for it to sound nasty.

The ability to defraud an election has now been institutionalized, largely due to The Republican establishment's complacency and ineptitude in allowing these things to happen.

For instance, the sharp ones such as DeSantis, the Republican governor of Florida, rejected Florida's Republican legislature's approved plan for redistricting that would benefit the Democrats (oh yes), so he vetoed it and said try again, and make sure to do it this way. So they did it his way, and the Republicans won the mid-terms in Florida.

You should pay attention to these things as they happen, Laceywings. That way the significance of reality, rather than ideology, gives pause for thought.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Question:
What is the night cry of the Drop Box?

Answer:
Feed me! More!

Commentary: With their boxy life as the measure, those drop boxes should be exterminated.

:lol:

By coincidence, 'Mericans both vote and celebrate Thanksgiving in November. Halloween is in October and occasionally persists for six years, but six years of Morticia should be interesting.

US Senator and his wife, Gisele.

The big galloot is 6'9" and after his stroke, is easy to lead around.