UK now has female PM and Deputy PM

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Maia

UK now has female PM and Deputy PM

Post by Maia »

The UK now has its third female Prime Minister, and, unexpectedly, a female Deputy Prime Minister too. Regardless of Liz Truss's policies, this is surely a positive development.

As for her policies, she has expressed a wish to freeze energy prices, which must be a good thing.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: UK now has female PM and Deputy PM

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Indeed. Female leaders are always wonderful, just like Margaret Thatcher was :lol:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Bloody pinko commie bastards the whole fuckin lot of em. Hey Reggie would you have a look at that!

(for two points, what actor in what recent British gangster movie I mentioned to fishpi would say this)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:40 pm Bloody pinko commie bastards the whole fuckin lot of em. Hey Reggie would you have a look at that!

(for two points, what actor in what recent British gangster movie I mentioned to fishpi would say this)
...You and your tomfoolery, that's a very Hard question to answer, and I am not sure Y.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Yeah that wasn't a very Hard(ing) question.

I'm not much of a Legend when it comes to creating difficult movie trivia questions.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:05 pm Yeah that wasn't a very Hard(ing) question.

I'm not much of a Legend when it comes to creating difficult movie trivia questions.
Prometheus I downloaded 3D version for my TV - many years ago (about 10GB file!!) - had to wear those polerisation specs, hooked up the 5 point surround sound - pulled up my lounge chair directly in front of the TV, had a cup of hot chocolate (winter) - and was BLOWN AWAY - it was amazing. Fantastic film.

Re The Krays - ya I watched that prolly about 3 times now!

Tell me you have watched the single season with T. Hardy - Taboo - love that time period, and how he f**ks over the crown and East India company.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

nah mate i toldja i was only watching movies in theatres at the moment. but amc stocks are about to steady out and start going up so get it now while it's cheap cuz a lotta decent movies are in theaters now and there's more comin. Hollywood is about to be back in business.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Tell me what you see when you look at this, fishpi. Take your time.

Do you see the loss of opportunity or an opportunity to risk a loss? As the great wall street hustler and self made millionaire Holden Tudiks once said, 'always hold at least two stocks, and if one's down, play with it until it goes up again.'

What you are looking at is opportunity fishpi if you're willing to take a calculated risk. Don't be that guy who doesn't make his wildest dreams come true. Don't be that guy who dared not to take that risk to gain everything.

All of you are here today because you want to make something of yourselves. When I was criticized myself for being a ruthless stock broker once, I quoted the wolf of wall street and told em if he duddint like bein rich then go work at McDonald's kid.

But I don't see McDonald's workers when I look at you people. No, I see bright, promising people, young and old, ready to take charge of their lives.

Screenshot_2022-09-07-13-32-37-963.jpg
Screenshot_2022-09-07-13-32-37-963.jpg (20.34 KiB) Viewed 1345 times

Post by Age »

Maia wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:25 am The UK now has its third female Prime Minister, and, unexpectedly, a female Deputy Prime Minister too. Regardless of Liz Truss's policies, this is surely a positive development.
WHY?
Maia wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:25 am As for her policies, she has expressed a wish to freeze energy prices, which must be a good thing.
LOL ANY one could express/promise to do some 'thing'. In fact "politicians" are well known for 'promising' things.

Also, was the length of time to 'freeze energy prices' made CLEAR?

If no, then do you ever WONDER WHY?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:47 pm Tell me what you see when you look at this, fishpi. Take your time.

Do you see the loss of opportunity or an opportunity to risk a loss? As the great wall street hustler and self made millionaire Holden Tudiks once said, 'always hold at least two stocks, and if one's down, play with it until it goes up again.'

What you are looking at is opportunity fishpi if you're willing to take a calculated risk. Don't be that guy who doesn't make his wildest dreams come true. Don't be that guy who dared not to take that risk to gain everything.

All of you are here today because you want to make something of yourselves. When I was criticized myself for being a ruthless stock broker once, I quoted the wolf of wall street and told em if he duddint like bein rich then go work at McDonald's kid.

But I don't see McDonald's workers when I look at you people. No, I see bright, promising people, young and old, ready to take charge of their lives.

Screenshot_2022-09-07-13-32-37-963.jpg
Without doing a lot of research into this AMC mob, I couldn't give an opinion (and cbf) ..however I just looked at the 5Y graph and see a huge spike around April 21 - what caused that?

Since then, they have been wobbling back down to the point on the graph above (which is where they were prior to 21 for 3yrs!!) so based just on that - no way would I put a penny there way - I don't day trade...I look for longer term investments.

My strategy rather than leaving money in da bank, was looking at stocks that were stable, doing well prior the pandemic, and investing in some of those.
Also, mining stocks of lithium (doing very well still) put some dosh in a couple of penny stocks too...I was up 25% across my spread (in 1yr) of about 8 ASX companies - then that dickhead Putin screwed me over. I was negative 10% at the worst point. Of course, you look at some of these stocks at bargain prices and think...mmm, I could chuck some more now onto them. But I decided I was as invested as I want to be and have left everything as is.
Finally in positive again hovering around 6% (mainly because of a lithium stock and an oil stock).

So as far as investing is stuff like entertainment - nah! Although tech upstart stocks to do with augmented reality should be looked at, me thinks...I am a novice dude!