Trump Derangement Syndrome

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by Sculptor »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:14 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:51 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:58 pm For what it's worth, I think the topic of the thread is not what is being discussed. The topic of the thread has to do with seeing someone in binary terms, in this case Trump. Does the mainstream media focus only on the negative with Trump?
One could hate Trump, and I do, and at the same time acknowledge that the media went out of its way to find/paint anything he did as negative and ignored things that were positive or neutral or it was unclear. And I think that is the case.
That is not really true.
Trump enjoyed the support of a large section of the media.
Actually even Fox news hated him for quite a long time. In the US everything he did was painted negatively. And things that even lefties should have liked (like his position against a kind of NAFTA with Europe) were almost never mentioned. I don't know what it was like internationally, but in the US most media were all over anything and painting it negatively. And, look, I think he offered a lot for them to be negative about. But they were not at all neutral. And they do not put the same effort into looking at Biden. I mean, look at the way Biden's son's shit was handled by the mainsream media. They are not wrong, there is a liberal (US version of that word) bias in the media. The media couldn't be bothered to look at the way Sanders was handled by Clinton and the Democratic party. They thought Clinton had a better chance, so they ignored it. And they also didn't want any big criticism of the liberal candidate and the liberal party.

And of course this only opens the door for what they think they are fighting.

It might also be more correct to say their is a bias towards the elite. But the correct elite. Not a real estate billionaire - who has some understanding that we need production and labor - but the people directly beholden to Wall st. and the financial industry game players. Bush and Clinton and even Obama kissing their asses. And when the big players want war, you'd better produce. The one thing I liked about Trump was he was more isolationist than hawk Clinton. And trust me, they damn well know it'd be harder to block a war coming from a 'liberal' woman president than from a republican.
THis looks like you're re-writing history.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:36 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:30 pm But Trump brought and stored nuclear secrets under his restaurant. Nuclear stuff!
Proof? Or are you just taking a media report, and assuming the legacy media always tell the truth to you?
I viewed the video with the sound muted so as not to be influenced by what the media say.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:47 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:30 pm But Trump brought and stored nuclear secrets under his restaurant. Nuclear stuff!
Proof? Or are you just taking a media report, and assuming the legacy media always tell the truth to you?
I viewed the video with the sound muted so as not to be influenced by what the media say.
Sorry...you forgot to link your video, giving proof that Trump stored vital nuclear secrets in his restaurant. Let's see the files themselves. You say it happened: I say, how do you know?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:57 am
commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:47 pm
Sorry...you forgot to link your video, giving proof that Trump stored vital nuclear secrets in his restaurant. Let's see the files themselves. You say it happened: I say, how do you know?
I say I know because I saw the video. I guess you have isolated yourself from so many legitimate news outlets online and on screen that you were able to avoid what you choose to ignore. There’s no need to provide you a link to something so ubiquitous unless you’re just too lazy to look for yourself.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:04 am I say I know because I saw the video.
Which? Whose? You're just saying, "I saw a video."

Where's the proof? At least give me a link to the video, so I can judge for myself...you can't possibly expect people to believe you because you say, "I saw a video." That's absurd.
FlashDangerpants

Sir, your Derangement is showing

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:54 pm - The TDS deranged Biden administration may even deny federal help to Florida in one way or another.

https://thebluestateconservative.com/20 ... icane-ian/
zzzea67.jpg
zzzea67.jpg (27.98 KiB) Viewed 445 times
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:04 am
commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:04 amI say I know because I saw the video.

Where's the proof? At least give me a link to the video, so I can judge for myself...you can't possibly expect people to believe you because you say, "I saw a video." That's absurd.
Then so is this:
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:10 pm
mickthinks wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:55 amYou've evaded the quesstion, Manny.

tillingborn, flash, and I agree with you that Biden has been accused of sexual assault. But unlike us, you have actually called Biden an actual rapist.
And I'm free to do so. There's a credible accusation from Tara Reade, and I think her account is probably truthful.
You are again treating Biden and Trump differently.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:36 pmAll of Trump's policies turn out to be much better than those of the Dems.
You have admitted that you are poorly informed:
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:36 amYou get American news. I don't.
Nevertheless you feel qualified, on the strength of whatever youtube you have watched to make sweeping judgements like this:
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:36 pmNobody could possibly make the case that the Biden administration has been anything less than a disaster.
They would first have to know how you define disaster. According to your limited information, what disaster is the Biden administration responsible for?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

tillingborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:41 am
And I'm free to do so. There's a credible accusation from Tara Reade, and I think her account is probably truthful.
No, I'm treating them exactly the same: I'm making a character judgment, based on the evidence I have before me. If there's more evidence, I'm happy to include it in my reckoning.

Now, commonsense owes me proof of his claim. I'm not seeing it.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

tillingborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:46 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:36 pmAll of Trump's policies turn out to be much better than those of the Dems.
You have admitted that you are poorly informed:
No, I have only said I do not have a tape of Trump saying what you allege. Apparently, you don't either.

But if you now do, I'll include it in the information I take into account. Link, please?
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:36 amYou get American news. I don't.
Nevertheless you feel qualified, on the strength of whatever youtube you have watched to make sweeping judgements like this:
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:36 pmNobody could possibly make the case that the Biden administration has been anything less than a disaster.
They would first have to know how you define disaster.
The economy. The oil supply. Afghanistan. The border. The COVID response. The crime rates. The fentanyl crisis. The supply chain. The war in Ukraine. And possibly the environmental disaster in the North Sea.

Boy, that's a whole lot of screw-ups for one administration.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:04 am I say I know because I saw the video.

As I said, the video is ubiquitous. Stop trying not to see it.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:33 pm
tillingborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:41 am
No, I'm treating them exactly the same: I'm making a character judgment, based on the evidence I have before me. If there's more evidence, I'm happy to include it in my reckoning.

Now, commonsense owes me proof of his claim. I'm not seeing it.
I don’t owe you what is waiting for you ubiquitously.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:54 pm

As I said, the video is ubiquitous. Stop trying not to see it.
:lol: Yeah, right. Then you shouldn't have any problem giving me a link...or six. :D

Go ahead.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

But since you,IC, are too lazy to click on any of the numerous links to The Hollywood Access Tape, here are more than 200 links, including the actual words of your reality show star:

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&s ... ywood+tape

Enjoy!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:50 pm But since you,IC, are too lazy to click on any of the numerous links to The Hollywood Access Tape, here are more than 200 links, including the actual words of your reality show star:

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&s ... ywood+tape

Enjoy!
Reeeeed Herrring! :lol:

I asked you for proof of your statement that Trump stored nuclear secrets in his restaurant, and you give me nothing that refers to it at all?