Trump Derangement Syndrome

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by Walker »

Are you afflicted with this syndrome?

The Left hates Trump. Be clear about that. Hate. Blind, irrational hate grasping for anything to support it.
The left’s mask slips on brazen Trump bias
https://nypost.com/2022/08/21/the-lefts ... rump-bias/

Sam Harris deserves our gratitude. With dazzling honesty, the liberal atheist public intellectual from LA has said out loud what we all knew but which his ilk have blurred for the past two years: Once you decide Donald Trump is the second coming of Adolf Hitler, then anything is legitimate to stop him — and, yes, everything illegitimate was done to stop him in 2020, and it was “warranted.”

Now that the Orange Hitler is lining himself up for a second tilt at the presidency, it’s OK to suspend democracy again to stop him.
mickthinks

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by mickthinks »

The Left hates Trump.

No it doesn't. If anything, it is the other way around.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:08 pm Are you afflicted with this syndrome?

The Left hates Trump. Be clear about that. Hate. Blind, irrational hate grasping for anything to support it.
You don't get it. Like me, many people despise Trump because he is an awful man. It isn't hate; it is just an intense distaste. It isn't political, either. I'm not an American, so American politics are of no concern to me.

He is a narcissist, a liar, a cheat, and completely lacks any sense of ethics or morality. He's pretty stupid, too, but not as stupid as the fools who support him.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sam Harris deserves our gratitude. With dazzling honesty, the liberal atheist public intellectual from LA has said out loud what we all knew but which his ilk have blurred for the past two years: Once you decide Donald Trump is the second coming of Adolf Hitler, then anything is legitimate to stop him — and, yes, everything illegitimate was done to stop him in 2020, and it was “warranted.”

Now that the Orange Hitler is lining himself up for a second tilt at the presidency, it’s OK to suspend democracy again to stop him.
It sounds like a reasonable quote, but it isn’t. The Committee and the DOJ are working within the law. Nothing illegitimate there. And nothing illegitimate other than rare episodes of election fraud took place in 2020. Nothing.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:03 pm

You don't get it. Like me, many people despise Trump because he is an awful man. It isn't hate; it is just an intense distaste. It isn't political, either. I'm not an American, so American politics are of no concern to me.

He is a narcissist, a liar, a cheat, and completely lacks any sense of ethics or morality. He's pretty stupid, too, but not as stupid as the fools who support him.
The grasping is easy. There’s plenty to support being appalled by Trump. Plenty.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Plenty.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

A syndrome? Really? Do you think it is sick for decent people to be disgusted by a bald, fat, old man who grasps the genitals of young women?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:08 pmAre you afflicted with this syndrome?

How would you describe your attitude to Biden?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

You kinda know Trump is actually fucked this time, it's why Walker is the only fanboy he has now.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

'The left' hates Trump? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? So there's only a 'left' but not a 'right', you yank moron?
I never hated Trump. I was glad when he beat that warmongering bitch Clinton. America always has kunt presidents. It goes with the job. I also thought he might do the right thing by Assange, but he just turned out to be another weak, backstabbing turd who pardoned American mass murderers instead.
Plus, he won, therefore a lot of people who sometimes vote democrat must have voted for him, or are you saying that only 'right wingers' voted in that election? :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

He's pretty stupid, too, but not as stupid as the fools who support him.
He's a wild animal, a human clown. He's even got his own personal signature song to prove it...it goes something like...

Donny the elephant packed his trunk
And said goodbye to the circus
Off he went with a trumpety trump
Trump trump trump
Now Donny the elephant packed his trunk
And trundled off to the jungle
Off he went with a trumpety trump
Trump trump trump
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Not/never seen this till now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I don't think being against Trump is some kind of psychological "syndrome," however, I do think that some of the ferocity of the opposition to Trump is (at least at this point) unfounded. I mean, he hasn't done anything particularly worse than say, George Bush Jr. or Bill Clinton. A question of concern is, of course, if given power once again, would he do something profoundly bad? I don't know. He seems to reflect an isolationist attitude, which I can understand given what previous administrations have done, however, I don't know if it's a good reaction. It's almost like, "we screwed up, therefore we're just going to withdraw into our shell and never come out again" as opposed to "we screwed up, let's examine why and learn from our mistakes."
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

... he hasn't done anything particularly worse than say, George Bush Jr. or Bill Clinton ...

What? Trump's wrong-doing is off the scale, dude!

Right from the start, when as a candidate he refused to release his tax returns to the voters, as every other candidate has since Carter led the way. Those who had cause to doubt Trump's integrity (lol) were like "Surely he's not going to get away with that?" and those who thought he was great were "What's the big deal? I'm okay with him hiding stuff from us. Why do we have that stoopid rule anyway?"

So, even before he was elected he was up to his neck in treason and corruption.