Does Amrerica even know what freedom is?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

richardtod

Does Amrerica even know what freedom is?

Post by richardtod »

Women's suffrage has been slapped about by the religious and right-wing elements in American society after the Roe v Wade decision. The 'freedom' these same people usually boast as an American right has been brought into question yet again. It seems that what is meant by 'Freedom' in America is an attribute available only to White Christian Males. Of course, some women have celebrated this decision, but they can largely be discounted as turkeys voting for Thanksgiving (Or Christmas if you're British). As a Brit, I find the whole thing fascinating. A woman cannot have control over her body because a bunch of God-fearing men have decided, on her behalf, that the embryo that her body has to nurture from cell to birth, is a life worth saving. Presumably to be brought up as a God-fearing child. To learn to walk, to talk, to go to school, to be shot by some other kid whose parents never wanted them in the first place and grew up with a massive chip on their shoulder. Or perhaps they are that kid. Whatever, the logic fascinates and appals me.

I suggest this whole ‘FREEDOM’ thing is something that America has never really understood. Or America believes that white, Christian, men are the master gender of the master race.

P.S. I have been informed that the level of poverty in America is extremely high so perhaps I should change it to Rich, white, Christian, men are the master gender of the master race?
henry quirk

Re: Does Amrerica even know what freedom is?

Post by henry quirk »

I'm American and I know, as fact, your post is nuthin' but wrong, about a whole buncha things.

If you like, we can talk about it.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:42 pm I'm American and I know, as fact, your post is nuthin' but wrong, about a whole buncha things.

If you like, we can talk about it.
OBVIOUSLY, you WILL NOT READ THIS, but what is supposedly 'wrong' about SOME, if not ALL, of "a whole bunch of things" here?

I would talk about 'it', but your INABILITY to 'talk' and 'clarify' what 'it' is, EXACTLY, WILL only HALT ANY movement forward here.

So, maybe "others" MIGHT KNOW what is 'wrong' in that post. We will WAIT and SEE.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Here’s the primary reality in the US for almost any town south of Canada. It’s not the climate. It’s not Ukraine. It’s not the good news that gas has dropped five cents. It’s not the proper abortion jurisdiction that the ignorant insist is a violation of human rights. It’s not airline delays caused by Covid travel restrictions and printing money for the airlines, who encouraged employee retirement and subsidized-layoffs to cut costs, and who threatened employee termination if they would not submit to injecting an experimental concoction into their bodies. Imagine that, firing a pilot for assessing personal, physical risk/reward.

The primary reality that affects kitchen table issues is the Southern Border. That’s the hair on fire. The Southern border of the US is a humanitarian crisis for the people crossing, for the unchecked flood into small-town tax bases. The United Nations says that the US Southern border is the most dangerous border crossing in the world. Creating and then ignoring the crisis is an impeachable offense. It is one of many from Biden. He doesn’t have enough fingers to point away all the other points for blame.

Who voted for this guy?

The Republicans have not impeached Biden. Yes, he’s a figurehead, but impeaching him would at least slow him down from signing stuff, and stop him from signing anything if enough sane Democrats jump ship and cross the aisle.

The Democrats will impeach the next Republican president, no matter who it is.