Roe v Wade Overturned?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Roe v Wade Overturned?

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:50 pm IC,

My understanding is that anti-abortionists believe that life begins at conception, while pro-abortionists disagree.
No, anti-abortionists speculate that life begins at different times. Nobody knows exactly when. But there's no doubt that life does begin, at some point, and that a baby is a baby, and a human being and person is the inevitable outcome. On that, they all agree.

Pro-abortionists simply don't know anything. They don't care. They don't even bother with the fine arguments about the "when," because any point they pick would end up inhibiting their choices at some point. They literally want a license to feign ignorance and claim a right to kill a baby right up to the point she exists the womb...and beyond, in many cases, as when they let viable early newborns die of deliberate neglect. And they do that.

They don't care, as long as nobody can tell them "NO."
My question is do you think it matters to anti-abortionists, or to you, whether pro-abortionists agree or not?
Pro-abortionists can't "agree" a baby into being a person or "agree" her out of being one. What she is, she is.

It would be nice if pro-abortionists would come around; but if they did, they'd stop being pro-abortionists, wouldn't they?
The majority of Americans do not approve of Roe being overturned, but does their having that mindset bother you?
Wrong both times. The majority of Americans (about 70%) think there should be at least some limit on murdering babies. Many of even those who would consent to first or second trimester abortions would wince at the thought of a third timester one, or of infanticide in the case of a viable premature birth. Very few would subborn murder the way pro-abortionists would like.

As for the "mindset," what "mindset" is that, that I should be worried about? The "mindset" not to kill babies? The "mindset" not to mistake an alleged (wrongly) opinion poll for a determinant of a child's status as a person? Would it be right to decide anybody's status as a person by what a particular lobby was willing to "agree to"? :shock:

I'm feeling pretty easy on all those accounts.
And can you think of a strategy that might work to change the abortionists’ opinion?
Yes. Meeting God. That really changes people. One thing that changes is they stop seeing other human beings as "conveniences" for them to use and discard, and they stop thinking that their selfish choices are the meaning of the universe. That really helps people become better human beings.

Short of that, I think many of them are not willing to be convinced.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:56 amThat really helps people become better human beings.
No one ever chose to be born ...dumbo, that huge elephant in the living room, that you fail to address, by saying move along now, nothing to see here, when in fact the blinding truth is always hiding in plain sight...you blind dumbo..

Did you feel the pressure on your head when nature chose to force you out of the comfort of the womb by squeezing you through a tight hard pelvic bone that was so violent it left indentations on your scalp. Or did you feel the tight squeeze of the hand around your neck when you were being yanked forcefully against your will from out of the comfort of the womb during your sectioning from bliss into the world of sin. Did your c-section ( see section) make you squeal out loud when this violent birth happened to you? Tell me, what did it feel like to be expelled from the comfort in such a violent way? please feel free to describe in detail what the sensation of being born was like for you? also describe in detail what caused the expulsion, was it because it was starting to feel a bit too cramped in the womb, what was that cramped feeling like, did it make you squeal? how awful that your own parents would do that to you. :shock:

Also, the only way for a human being to become a better human being is to stop the torture of human beings being tortured in the first place by not making more of them to feel the same torture you are feeling...and doing so against their will, as if they were some kind of convenience for you to use to validate your own skewed up idea of relationship. The same relationship you falsely believe to be the divine Father and his Son...when in reality, there is no such relationship here, but you are too dumb to realise this simple truth.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:52 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm I find it all a bit puzzling that Christians use their religion to attack abortion.
That's backward. They don't "use it " nor do they "attack." They merely follow the morals their faith prescribes in that situation.

"Thou shalt not murder" is an important principle.
Tut tut. THou shalt not kill, unless we decide they are "enemies" or "savages", you mean?

So is "Thou shalt not commit adultery," even if you personally regard it as light recreation.

May I ask, how many of the Ten Commandments are you planning to ridicule, at the end of the day?
I'm glad you asked. The first four are fucking waste of time, and COULD have been used to say something about women and children. SADLY the judaeo chistian myth wants men to control women and children.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:07 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:52 pm May I ask, how many of the Ten Commandments are you planning to ridicule, at the end of the day?
I'm glad you asked. The first four are fucking waste of time, and COULD have been used to say something about women and children. SADLY the judaeo chistian myth wants men to control women and children.
Well, now you're on territory where I won't follow you. And I think a lot of people won't. The Ten Commandments contain the core morals not only of Christianity and Judaism, but also of Western civilization; and few people feel as confident as you that they would like to dispense with them in this manner.

Have a nice life.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:27 pm

Have a nice life.
Ok control freak…will endeavour to adhere to your holy commandment. 🤮

Ecclesiastes 4 1
And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.

Even the bible agrees that life is a pile full of pains in the arse, a pointless useless pile of dog shit...BUT YOU BETTER LIKE IT, else you go to hell.

Humans are seriously being screwed over backwards , it’s no wonder you are scared shitless.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:56 am

My understanding is that anti-abortionists believe that life begins at conception, while pro-abortionists disagree.
No, anti-abortionists speculate that life begins at different times. Nobody knows exactly when. But there's no doubt that life does begin, at some point, and that a baby is a baby, and a human being and person is the inevitable outcome. On that, they all agree.

Pro-abortionists simply don't know anything. They don't care. They don't even bother with the fine arguments about the "when," because any point they pick would end up inhibiting their choices at some point. They literally want a license to feign ignorance and claim a right to kill a baby right up to the point she exists the womb...and beyond, in many cases, as when they let viable early newborns die of deliberate neglect. And they do that.

My question is do you think it matters to anti-abortionists, or to you, whether pro-abortionists agree or not?
Pro-abortionists can't "agree" a baby into being a person or "agree" her out of being one. What she is, she is.

It would be nice if pro-abortionists would come around; but if they did, they'd stop being pro-abortionists, wouldn't they?
The majority of Americans do not approve of Roe being overturned, but does their having that mindset bother you?
Wrong both times. The majority of Americans (about 70%) think there should be at least some limit on murdering babies. Many of even those who would consent to first or second trimester abortions would wince at the thought of a third timester one, or of infanticide in the case of a viable premature birth. Very few would subborn murder the way pro-abortionists would like.

As for the "mindset," what "mindset" is that, that I should be worried about? The "mindset" not to kill babies? The "mindset" not to mistake an alleged (wrongly) opinion poll for a determinant of a child's status as a person? Would it be right to decide anybody's status as a person by what a particular lobby was willing to "agree to"? :shock:

And can you think of a strategy that might work to change the abortionists’ opinion?
Yes. Meeting God. That really changes people. One thing that changes is they stop seeing other human beings as "conveniences" for them to use and discard, and they stop thinking that their selfish choices are the meaning of the universe. That really helps people become better human beings.

I interpret your responses in short form as follows:

Yes, abortionists do not believe that life begins at conception.

No, it doesn’t matter whether pro-abortionists change their minds or not, but if they would do so they would (obviously) become anti-abortion it’s.

No, it doesn’t.

No, although if the abortionists happen to experience a come-to-Jesus moment (or the equivalent feeling in any non-Christian religion), that would influence their attitude.

It’s certainly OK with me that you responded at length and in detail.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Have a nice life.

my life is so awful I’m actually looking forward to dying just to see what higher level of awfulness awaits me there. I am in awe and wonder at just how high this shitshow can keep on ascending to…I guess I’ll find out when it happens. Right now I cannot even imagine it being any worse, but I guess that’s not for me to know yet. Ooh, I cannot wait for the screw overs to tighten that little bit tighter, I’m almost ecstatic with anticipation of being screwed over even more...But then didn’t god say he will never burden you with anymore than you can bare…how wonderfully thoughtful and gracious of him.

Jesus Christ what a hell hole you have created for yourself.
henry quirk

unnecessary comment...

Post by henry quirk »

...deleted
Last edited by henry quirk on Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:24 pm

Did you read what I said...at all? :shock:
Did you read my answer to that, at all? :shock:
Could I have your statistics on that premise, please?

No...
Did you read that answer at all? :shock:

It's "yes," but it's going to take some doing.

I think you'll find we'll do better if you are more accurate in your rewriting of "my" answers. It would be better if they at least vaguely resembled what I said.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:52 pm May I ask, how many of the Ten Commandments are you planning to ridicule, at the end of the day?
Well, now you're on territory where I won't follow you. And I think a lot of people won't. The Ten Commandments contain the core morals not only of Christianity and Judaism, but also of Western civilization; and few people feel as confident as you that they would like to dispense with them in this manner.

Have a nice life.
You are talking rubbish as usual.
The ten commandments contain mostly protection for the priestly class that invented them.
Protecting first God, then property, church institutions.
There are only two that make sense.
There are the most piss poor way to run a moral compass.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:07 pm

Have a nice life.
The ten commandments contain mostly protection for the priestly class that invented them.
Really? That's what you suppose?

It would be interesting to consider how you explain the priestly stake in murder, lying, adultery, and so on. And even more interesting to hear you explain how putting God ahead of the priesthood itself -- which doesn't even get a mention -- would benefit the priesthood.
Protecting first God, then property, church institutions.
You're obviously misinformed. When the Ten Commandments were written, there was no "church". And there's no mention of any, nor any of "church property," or "church institutions." They were, in fact, given directly to the Hebrew nation. Do you actually know even the first things about the origins of those commandments?

As for God, you will discover He needs no "protections" at all.
There are only two that make sense.
Well, truth is not judged by what "makes sense" to Sculpy. Sorry to disabuse you of that illusion.

You're going to find out you're running up against the Author of those commandments. I would wish you "good luck," even if a little sarcastically; but it's not even possible you'll have that.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:45 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:24 pm

Did you read what I said...at all? :shock:
Did you read my answer to that, at all? :shock:
Could I have your statistics on that premise, please?

No...
Did you read that answer at all? :shock:

It's "yes," but it's going to take some doing.

I think you'll find we'll do better if you are more accurate in your rewriting of "my" answers. It would be better if they at least vaguely resembled what I said.
70% of Americans is a majority. The majority favors some restrictions rather than a complete ban.

You may think you said something other than the distillations provided, but they apply even if vaguely.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:23 pm 70% of Americans is a majority. The majority favors some restrictions rather than a complete ban.
Your source for this claim, please?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:25 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:23 pm 70% of Americans is a majority. The majority favors some restrictions rather than a complete ban.
Your post above.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:25 pm
Your post above.
No, there is no statistic there saying that 70% of Americans are against the R v. W. decision.

(Interesting, too, that you quickly changed the wording of your claim...I noticed that.)

What is the source of YOUR statistic there? Or do you not have one, and just made the whole thing up?