The Ukraine War is a Racket

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

War is a racket, wrote US Maj. General Smedley Butler in 1935. He explained: “A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small ‘inside’ group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.”

Gen. Butler’s observation describes the US/NATO response to the Ukraine war perfectly.
War is the favorite racket of good patriotic Christian Americans.
Walker

Re: The Ukraine War is a Racket

Post by Walker »

If it's a racket, what's the angle?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:20 pm If it's a racket, what's the angle?
I'm just reporting. There are two links.

There are two angles, as far as I'm concerned.

1. Nothing is more profitable to politicians and the military industry than war.

2. Was is always put over by means of propaganda and the gross ignorance of most of humanity who refuse to learn what lies their leaders are telling them. Like you, not bothering to go to the links.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:11 pm The Ukraine War is a Racket
War is a racket, wrote US Maj. General Smedley Butler in 1935. He explained: “A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small ‘inside’ group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.”

Gen. Butler’s observation describes the US/NATO response to the Ukraine war perfectly.
RC,
I've got the book, excellent, if he could see America today he would not call himself an American.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Yeah. It's a mess for sure. But I'm not so sure Putin getting his hands on Ukraine is a very good prospect either. I mean, what if N. Korea invaded S. Korea? Should we allow S. Korea to fall as well? Putin and the Russian oligarchs are no saints either, I hear.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I mean, it would be nice if, after Russia seizes Ukraine, we could all just sit down and get along after that. Let bygones be bygones. One could even make the argument that had Poland simply ceded the Danzig corridor to Hitler, then millions of lives may have been saved from WW2, hence making Britain and France culpable in creating the conditions for the war.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:22 pm

1. Nothing is more profitable to politicians and the military industry than war.
What if..The lucrative business of manufacturing Nuclear Weapons, which is just one of many other weapons of mass destruction that can be used to destroy life...gives licence to bully other nations ..already knowing they will get away with their agenda's..whatever those agenda's may be...only the one's in power would have knowledge of.

We've all heard of the phrase TOP SECRET.

What if...there was a pact made to never use nuclear weapons, but use them as a weapon of deceit ONLY

I know America has already used NW's ..but that was before they had become available on a massive irreversible scale.

Now unless we figure out how to disarmament the world of it's destructive threats and intentions...then we are all doomed...ALL of us.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:10 am

Yeah. It's a mess for sure. But I'm not so sure Putin getting his hands on Ukraine is a very good prospect either. I mean, what if N. Korea invaded S. Korea? Should we allow S. Korea to fall as well? Putin and the Russian oligarchs are no saints either, I hear.
What if? What if? What if South Korea invaded North? What if Ukraine invaded Russia? One man's meat is blah blah...Humans love war so much then fuck them. You can't interfere. All interfering does is make everything a million times worse for the people of that country. All we can do is hope that countries play fair and behave themselves. When they don't then there's fuck all anyone can do about it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:15 am

What if? What if? What if South Korea invaded North? What if Ukraine invaded Russia? One man's meat is blah blah...Humans love war so much then fuck them. You can't interfere. All interfering does is make everything a million times worse for the people of that country. All we can do is hope that countries play fair and behave themselves. When they don't then there's fuck all anyone can do about it.
Yes. I suppose you make some good points, in the end, dying is the worst thing that can befall a human being, even worse than slavery. As long as we are alive there is, at least, always still hope.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

popeye1945 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:29 am

RC,
I've got the book, excellent, if he could see America today he would not call himself an American.
I was born in 1940. I do not call myself an American for the same reason.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Are you Korean?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:17 am I mean, it would be nice if, after Russia seizes Ukraine, we could all just sit down and get along after that. Let bygones be bygones. One could even make the argument that had Poland simply ceded the Danzig corridor to Hitler, then millions of lives may have been saved from WW2, hence making Britain and France culpable in creating the conditions for the war.
There is only one condition for war. Government. So long a most people believe their life or fortunes depend on some agency of force and force is the right way to deal with other human beings there will be wars.

If you love government, you love war.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:39 am
RCSaunders wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:22 pm

What if..The lucrative business of manufacturing Nuclear Weapons, which is just one of many other weapons of mass destruction that can be used to destroy life...gives licence to bully other nations ..already knowing they will get away with their agenda's..whatever those agenda's may be...only the one's in power would have knowledge of.

We've all heard of the phrase TOP SECRET.

What if...there was a pact made to never use nuclear weapons, but use them as a weapon of deceit ONLY

I know America has already used NW's ..but that was before they had become available on a massive irreversible scale.

Now unless we figure out how to disarmament the world of it's destructive threats and intentions...then we are all doomed...ALL of us.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:39 am Now unless we figure out how to disarmament the world of it's destructive threats and intentions...then we are all doomed...ALL of us.
Who is, "we?" I'll never use nuclear weapons. I don't know anyone who would. Would you? Only governments go to war and use weapons meant to kill as many people as possible and destroy as much material wealth as possible. Are you part of some government? Is that the, "we," you are talking about.
Walker

Post by Walker »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:14 pm There is only one condition for war. Government. So long a most people believe their life or fortunes depend on some agency of force and force is the right way to deal with other human beings there will be wars.

If you love government, you love war.
Neither the Hatfields nor the McCoys were particularly fond of the Revenuers, let alone love 'em. That was three-way war, each against the other.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:17 am I mean, it would be nice if, after Russia seizes Ukraine, we could all just sit down and get along after that. Let bygones be bygones. One could even make the argument that had Poland simply ceded the Danzig corridor to Hitler, then millions of lives may have been saved from WW2, hence making Britain and France culpable in creating the conditions for the war.
Who is, "we?" Go read Butlers book (at the link). Nothing has ever been improved by war.