Is Success Luck or Hard Work?...

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Scott Mayers

Re: Is Success Luck or Hard Work?...

Post by Scott Mayers »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:50 am
Are you pissed that I won't waste my time with your responses? You're very flippant when someone ignores you and PROJECTING it quite exemplary.

Veritasium presented proof that it is an illusion that 'hard work' supercedes 'luck'. It wasn't a trivial opinion. He's a promoter of science, not religious thinking. Or do you share the view by some of the others here that those who fail EARNED it....and thus, that the majority of the world's suffering is due to themselves enslaving themselves for some kind of game?

You're treading a fine line with me, Age. :| :?

The arrogant stupidity of this is that our Western ideals promote a BELIEF (very religious one at that) that the ones in need the most are simply too lazy to reach out and grab what IS presumed to be there and that all wealthy people are 'hard workers' who EARNED their Billions. This is a con meant to MOTIVATE the sucker into 'working harder' but to ACCEPT the least. You cannot BE a billionaire without STEALING it off the backs of the hard worker. Anything else said is a fucking con and CLEARLY so on mere LOGICAL TERMS.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:28 pm
Age wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:12 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:29 am

I couldn't be bothered listening to him. What a load of frivolous bollocks.
If you did 'bother', then you MIGHT SEE, as I dis, that that person is NOT 'trying to' "justify" NOR 'prove' ANY 'thing' but is JUST 'sharing a view', which, to me, has a fair amount of ACTUAL Truth in it.

Obviously "others" might see differently.
Why would I care what he 'thinks'? He's trying to get subscribers. I can think for myself. I couldn't give a flying rat's arse what some money-grubbing internet 'motivator' has to say about anything.
You are poisoning his well and very presumptive of his own 'success' in terms of the very economic-motivating measure that you and others here are assertubg is so supposedly trivial to one's success!! Ironic :roll:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pm
Are you pissed that I won't waste my time with your responses? You're very flippant when someone ignores you and PROJECTING it quite exemplary.

Veritasium presented proof that it is an illusion that 'hard work' supercedes 'luck'. It wasn't a trivial opinion. He's a promoter of science, not religious thinking. Or do you share the view by some of the others here that those who fail EARNED it....and thus, that the majority of the world's suffering is due to themselves enslaving themselves for some kind of game?

The arrogant stupidity of this is that our Western ideals promote a BELIEF (very religious one at that) that the ones in need the most are simply too lazy to reach out and grab what IS presumed to be there and that all wealthy people are 'hard workers' who EARNED their Billions. This is a con meant to MOTIVATE the sucker into 'working harder' but to ACCEPT the least. You cannot BE a billionaire without STEALING it off the backs of the hard worker. Anything else said is a fucking con and CLEARLY so on mere LOGICAL TERMS.
To make that kind of money the main criteria is an obsessive lust for money over everything else and a ruthlessness bordering on psychopathy. Call that 'work'? Thankfully most people aren't like that. Billionaires are separated from the rest of the human race by the wall of vast wealth that envelps them, and the only 'friends' they are capable of having are fellow billionaires who have nothing in common with them except that same shallow money-lust. The few wealthy people I've known (certainly not billionaires) have been the most boring people you could imagine. Their ONLY topic of conversation was money. When someone gets to be a money hoarder to the level where they actually have 'billions', by that stage they have become almost completely unhinged.
The character in 'Don't Look Up' was a perfect depiction of an unhinged billionaire; deranged and cut off from the rest of the human race (so barely qualifying as 'human').
Of course there are people who make a lot of money because of some great talent or genius they have, but they are rare exceptions, and when you think of all the most remarkable humans who have essentially carried the entire human race on their shoulders, most of them made very little money out of their achievements and many died penniless. They didn't do what they did to make a lot of money.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:11 pm

To make that kind of money the main criteria is an obsessive lust for money over everything else and a ruthlessness bordering on psychopathy. Call that 'work'? Thankfully most people aren't like that. Billionaires are separated from the rest of the human race by the wall of vast wealth that envelps them, and the only 'friends' they are capable of having are fellow billionaires who have nothing in common with them except that same shallow money-lust. The few wealthy people I've known (certainly not billionaires) have been the most boring people you could imagine. Their ONLY topic of conversation was money. When someone gets to be a money hoarder to the level where they actually have 'billions', by that stage they have become almost completely unhinged.
The character in 'Don't Look Up' was a perfect depiction of an unhinged billionaire; deranged and cut off from the rest of the human race (so barely qualifying as 'human').
Of course there are people who make a lot of money because of some great talent or genius they have, but they are rare exceptions, and when you think of all the most remarkable humans who have essentially carried the entire human race on their shoulders, most of them made very little money out of their achievements and many died penniless. They didn't do what they did to make a lot of money.
Where do you get this nonsense. You have no idea what you are talking about.

There are 46.8 million millionaires in the world. Of those millionaires.
Most of them are self-made. "The overwhelming majority (79%) of millionaires. did not receive any inheritance at all from their parents or other family members. While one in five millionaires (21%) received some inheritance, only 3% received an inheritance of $1 million or more."

"The majority of millionaires didn't even grow up around a lot of money. Eight out of 10 millionaires come from families at or below middle-income level."

On average, it takes a millionaire 32 years to hit the $1,000,000 mark, dispelling the notion that most get rich quick from a windfall. Eighty percent of current millionaires did not reach $1,000,000 until at least 50 years old. To get there, 86 percent of wealthy people who work full time put in 50 hours or more each week at their career. Since only 20 percent of millionaires actually retire, 80 percent are still working.

Sixty six percent of millionaires own their own business which they created.

Millionaires are your decent married neighbors. Most millionaires are married with families. Eighty six percent are married, including 65 percent in their first marriage. Only fifty percent of most Americans are married. Less than half of those (27 percent) are first marriages. You probably wouldn't know most millionaires, which is just the way they want it. They don't flaunt their wealth, they just enjoy it and the freedom it gives them.

Most are well educated. One in three funded their own college education without debt. Eighty four percent of them have college degrees but most of their education came after any formal education. Most are life-long learners and autodidacts. Most watch less than one hour of television a day and read at least 30 minutes every day, focused on self education.

Millionaires are frugal with regular savings programs and no mortgages or debt.

Sources:
—27 Millionaire Statistics
—The National Study of Millionaires
—42 Best Millionaire Statistics, Facts & Resources for 2020

Why do so many despise other's success?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 am

Most of them are self-made. "The overwhelming majority (79%) of millionaires. did not receive any inheritance at all from their parents or other family members. While one in five millionaires (21%) received some inheritance, only 3% received an inheritance of $1 million or more."

"The majority of millionaires didn't even grow up around a lot of money. Eight out of 10 millionaires come from families at or below middle-income level."

On average, it takes a millionaire 32 years to hit the $1,000,000 mark, dispelling the notion that most get rich quick from a windfall. Eighty percent of current millionaires did not reach $1,000,000 until at least 50 years old. To get there, 86 percent of wealthy people who work full time put in 50 hours or more each week at their career. Since only 20 percent of millionaires actually retire, 80 percent are still working.

Millionaires are your decent married neighbors. Most millionaires are married with families. Eighty six percent are married, including 65 percent in their first marriage. Only fifty percent of most Americans are married. Less than half of those (27 percent) are first marriages. You probably wouldn't know most millionaires, which is just the way they want it. They don't flaunt their wealth, they just enjoy it and the freedom it gives them.

Most are well educated. One in three funded their own college education without debt. Eighty four percent of them have college degrees but most of their education came after any formal education. Most are life-long learners and autodidacts. Most watch less than one hour of television a day and read at least 30 minutes every day, focused on self education.

Sources:

You were talking about 'billions'. There's a big difference between millions and billions. You only have to own a home in a reasonably desirable area these days to be a 'millionalire'. If you can't read then don't bother responding to my responses.
Kind regards, vegetariantaxidermy.

ps It's interesting to note that the wealthy always assume that the reason most people can't stand them is because they are 'envious'. Of course it would have nothing to do with the fact that they are boring, self-absorbed fuckwits who don't care about anything except making more money :lol:
Why would anyone 'envy' a billionaire? There is no useful purpose in having that much money apart from giving most of it away.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 am ...

Sources:

So if Putin 'succeeds' in his war against Ukraine, do you think no one has a reason to despise him? Do you think Ukraine would then have to stop crying given 'failure' is identical to being a pussy-ass bitch to you?

The major issue with 'wealth' is that those with more of it also have more power OVER others with less. It doesn't help either that these same people often have no real taxes functionally comparable to the poorer AND they are most vocal to complain about the 'burden' they have when paying taxes as though they suffer in more significant ways than others. Who then is the real pussy-ass bitch complaining?

Dito what vegetariantaxidermy said on the 'billionaire' note.

Wealth means one has power over others in some way. The more wealth, the more power they have over others. And while many of the wealthy CAN be relatively 'good' people, and even for those who DO earn from hard work, such 'work' of these people require enough of it to cover their PRESENT expenses prior to 'saving', which is needed in order to invest in the first place. That is, even the apparent "hard worker" can be relatively paid above the average or have alternate 'value' in terms of others helping. For instance, Trump's supposed 'success' came by an initial investments by his father's wealth.

Also, the present concerns by the left regarding 'minorities' is about how the majority of them are unusually poorer per capita and their lack of ease to become equally represented in the 'wealth' category. Why this occurs is simply BECAUSE of inheritance that get passed on in terms of VALUE, that itself doesn't require BEING money. I believe I already mentioned how the 'value' of the benefits of having a parent who participates in helping their children by permitting them, say, to stay at home without requiring to pay rent, adding some allowance each week, plus a gift of a car, as apparently mundane they may seem is NOT realistically available to others. These are 'wealth' factors given the opposite, having poor parents, suffices to prevent these seemingly trivial aides that you would certainly ignore regarding how some 'succeed' from supposedly 'nothing'.

I also do NOT think that it is ABSOLUTELY impossible to 'succeed' to become wealthier in some places. Again, the Left's argument regarding systemic biases contributes to demonstrating how bias of those in poverty suffer even more by comparison to a White person who may be stereotyped as coming from a good neighborhood. If you are Black living in a place where being Black statistically means one is 'poor', they are often barred from buying homes in some neighborhoods. [I just saw some documentary recently on this particular bias but can't recall where at the moment. The subtle dismissal of a potential candidate for SELECTION regarding any wealth-generating opportunity or literal property in a nice neighborhood will place those with the stereotype of whomever is less likely statistically to 'succeed' based upon things like race (or sex).

Why have you not recognized my points regarding these subtle factors about ones background inherent wealth regarding how apparently priceless beneficial factors contribute MORE significantly than you would be willing to give credit for? AND note that it is ironic that earlier in this thread you or others protective of the wealthier were so concerned about how we define 'success' by money. When I DO show non-monetary values, such as being of parents who invest in merely doting on their kids, you completely ignore these as contributing factors precisely for not being easy to put a price tag on. That is, the 'successes' of the above Millionaire stats likely ignore those factors that ARE 'priceless' but nevertheless come FROM those who are better off. The supporting factors to those you think came from 'nothing' HIDE those significantly powerful contributions that the poor(er) are nevertheless without BECAUSE of poverty factors. If you are starving, you are not likely going to be able to give an allowance, a car, and likely have extraneous pychological issues all based upon the LACK of money. Thus since those relatively priceless contributions still have to come from at least economically stable homes.

Post by Age »

Are you pissed that I won't waste my time with your responses?
LOL I could NOT care one iota. In fact I did NOT even notice that you had NOT, (if you have not).
Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pmYou're very flippant when someone ignores you and PROJECTING it quite exemplary.
ANY EXAMPLES?
Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pmVeritasium presented proof that it is an illusion that 'hard work' supercedes 'luck'.
I NEVER said otherwise.

Did you READ, and UNDERSTAND, what I have written here?
Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pmIt wasn't a trivial opinion. He's a promoter of science, not religious thinking. Or do you share the view by some of the others here that those who fail EARNED it....
I do NOT SEE what you SEE here.

Would you like to NAME those who you CLAIM what you SAY here?

THEN, we can ASK 'them' to CLARIFY that if what you SAY and CLAIM are 'their' views is true or not.
Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pmand thus, that the majority of the world's suffering is due to themselves enslaving themselves for some kind of game?
I am NOT sure how this is related, if it ACTUALLY IS?
Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pmYou're treading a fine line with me, Age. :| :?
LOL

What does this even MEAN?

AND, what happens if I, supposedly, 'cross some IMAGINARY 'line' of yours'?
Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pmThe arrogant stupidity of this is that our Western ideals promote a BELIEF (very religious one at that) that the ones in need the most are simply too lazy to reach out and grab what IS presumed to be there and that all wealthy people are 'hard workers' who EARNED their Billions.
Thus WHY I do NOT have ANY 'BELIEFS'.

Also, have I said ANY 'thing' otherwise?

If yes, then WHERE EXACTLY?
Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pmThis is a con meant to MOTIVATE the sucker into 'working harder' but to ACCEPT the least.
Sounds like you did ACTUAL 'read' what I wrote and are now just summing 'it' up with your own words.
Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:14 pmYou cannot BE a billionaire without STEALING it off the backs of the hard worker. Anything else said is a fucking con and CLEARLY so on mere LOGICAL TERMS.
Are you AWARE that you are ACTUALLY AGREEING WITH what I said and wrote before?

Post by Age »

So, according to this "statistic", not just EVERY parent of 79% of ALL "millionaires" died WITHOUT one cent or ABSOLUTELY PENNILESS so too did their other family members. This equates to 36,972,000 million "millionaires". So, if we dismiss the "other family members" and just combined two parents for EVERY one of these "millionaires", then that it is 73,944,000 million parents who had ABSOLUTELY NOT 'one cent' of money NOR absolutely ANY OTHER 'thing' that they could have left to EVERY one of these "millionaires". Which, to me, sounds 'far fetched'. But, 'you' are FREE to BELIEVE whatever 'you' like.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 am "The majority of millionaires didn't even grow up around a lot of money. Eight out of 10 millionaires come from families at or below middle-income level."
But, if your CLAIM that 79% of "millionaires" did NOT receive ANY inheritance AT ALL, then this would suggest that they grew up around practically NO money AT ALL. Or, their parents sold absolutely EVERY 'thing' that they DID HAVE, and spend absolutely EVERY cent that they DID HAVE, BEFORE they DIED.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 am On average, it takes a millionaire 32 years to hit the $1,000,000 mark, dispelling the notion that most get rich quick from a windfall.
Did it, on average, take 32 years for "millionaires" to reach million dollars at the turn of the millennia, and the turn of each century prior to what is generally known by some as the year 2000? Or, did it take, on average, 32 years for the above to happen just on the day when you wrote this?

For the 'average' to be worked out Truly and FULLY, then EVERY 'country' AND 'year' would have to be put TOGETHER. Because 'the average' in 'one country' is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to 'the average' in 'another country'. And, 'the average' in 'one year' is VERY DIFFERENT to 'another year'.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 am Eighty percent of current millionaires did not reach $1,000,000 until at least 50 years old. To get there, 86 percent of wealthy people who work full time put in 50 hours or more each week at their career. Since only 20 percent of millionaires actually retire, 80 percent are still working.
This sounds a bit like what "scott mayers" was referring to when SAYING; "The arrogant stupidity of this is that our Western ideals promote a BELIEF (very religious one at that) that the wealthy people are 'hard workers' who EARNED their Billions." Or millions?
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 am Sixty six percent of millionaires own their own business which they created.

What are 'you' 'trying to' argue AGAINST here "rcsaunders"?

From what I can ascertain absolutely NOTHING 'you' have SAID here is AGAINST what "vegetariantaxidermy" ACTUALLY SAID.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 am Most are well educated. One in three funded their own college education without debt. Eighty four percent of them have college degrees but most of their education came after any formal education. Most are life-long learners and autodidacts. Most watch less than one hour of television a day and read at least 30 minutes every day, focused on self education.
WHERE are you getting these "statistics" from EXACTLY?

Who has spent their time asking ALL of these "millionaires" how much time they watch television for, and how much time they read for?

Also, if 'your' "statistics" are correct, then this could be interpreted as they spend more time watching television a day than they do reading and being focused on self education, anyway.

Which, by the way, has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with what "vegetariantaxidermy" SAID and WROTE, which is what you are, supposedly, RESPONDING to here.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 am Millionaires are frugal with regular savings programs and no mortgages or debt.

Sources:

'YOU', "rcsaunders" WERE the ONE who WAS stating that the word 'success' does NOT MEAN 'financial success', and ONLY MEANS; achieving what one aspires to achieve. BUT NOW 'you' have TURNED 'this' COMPLETELY AROUND and posted a WHOLE POST about 'money and finances' as being 'success' and even questioning, 'WHY do so many despise "others" 'success'?' based on MONEY and FINANCES ALONE.

TALK ABOUT an 'inconsistency', 'hypocrisy', and 'contradiction' IN THE EXTREME.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:12 am

Sources:

You were talking about 'billions'. There's a big difference between millions and billions. You only have to own a home in a reasonably desirable area these days to be a 'millionalire'. If you can't read then don't bother responding to my responses.
Kind regards, vegetariantaxidermy.

ps It's interesting to note that the wealthy always assume that the reason most people can't stand them is because they are 'envious'. Of course it would have nothing to do with the fact that they are boring, self-absorbed fuckwits who don't care about anything except making more money :lol:
Why would anyone 'envy' a billionaire? There is no useful purpose in having that much money apart from giving most of it away.
And, even IF they 'gave it away', they would ONLY be 'giving it back' to the ones that they STOLE it from, in the beginning.

They, literally, did NOT 'make' NOR 'produce' 'that money' "themselves". They, OBVIOUSLY, had to TAKE or OBTAIN 'that money' from "others".
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:12 am Why would anyone 'envy' a billionaire? There is no useful purpose in having that much money ....
Well then, call it hate or loathing. "You cannot BE a billionaire without STEALING it off the backs of the hard worker. Anything else said is a fucking con ..." doesn't exactly sound like praise and admiration. Its a totally irrational hatred. I personally knew (he's passed away) a man who used literally millions of his own money developing high-speed arithematic processing systems (mega-flops) that changed the whole face a signal processing. That's what millionaire's use their money for--financing the development and production of all the goods and services that make your life and your enjoyment of it possible. Just exactly where and how do the, "hard workers," get the wealth that is supposedly stolen from them? If it weren't for the businesses and factories produced by the wealthy providing the, "hard workers," jobs, they would have no income at all and would starve to death.

Post by Age »

Scott Mayers wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:20 am

Sources:

So if Putin 'succeeds' in his war against Ukraine, do you think no one has a reason to despise him?
You USE the 'succeed' here. So, please EXPLAIN HOW and WHAT "vladimir putin" could ACTUAL 'succeed' or 'win' here "in "his" WAR AGAINST "ukraine".

Let us just IMAGINE that "vladimir putin" did "succeed" or did "win" "his" WAR AGAINST "ukaraine", from the perspective of a LOT of 'you', adult human beings, ENVISION "succeeding" and/or "winning" a WAR would entail.

Now, IF "vladimir putin" BEATS "ukraine" and so-called "wins", then what does "vladimir putin" ACTUALLY 'win'?

A parcel of land, bordered by a squiggly line on a map, and maybe a fence or two, LITTERED WITH damaged and blown up building materials, and a whole group of human beings who HATE MORE than they did BEFORE. Does "vladimir putin" so-call "win" ANY thing ELSE. From what I can SEE, the answer is, 'No'. Besides the HATRED of MORE human beings around the world.

So, what was 'it' AGAIN that "vladimir putin" so-call "succeeds" in, EXACTLY?
Scott Mayers wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:20 am Do you think Ukraine would then have to stop crying given 'failure' is identical to being a pussy-ass bitch to you?

The major issue with 'wealth' is that those with more of it also have more power OVER others with less. It doesn't help either that these same people often have no real taxes functionally comparable to the poorer AND they are most vocal to complain about the 'burden' they have when paying taxes as though they suffer in more significant ways than others. Who then is the real pussy-ass bitch complaining?

Dito what vegetariantaxidermy said on the 'billionaire' note.

Wealth means one has power over others in some way. The more wealth, the more power they have over others. And while many of the wealthy CAN be relatively 'good' people, and even for those who DO earn from hard work, such 'work' of these people require enough of it to cover their PRESENT expenses prior to 'saving', which is needed in order to invest in the first place. That is, even the apparent "hard worker" can be relatively paid above the average or have alternate 'value' in terms of others helping. For instance, Trump's supposed 'success' came by an initial investments by his father's wealth.

Also, the present concerns by the left regarding 'minorities' is about how the majority of them are unusually poorer per capita and their lack of ease to become equally represented in the 'wealth' category. Why this occurs is simply BECAUSE of inheritance that get passed on in terms of VALUE, that itself doesn't require BEING money. I believe I already mentioned how the 'value' of the benefits of having a parent who participates in helping their children by permitting them, say, to stay at home without requiring to pay rent, adding some allowance each week, plus a gift of a car, as apparently mundane they may seem is NOT realistically available to others. These are 'wealth' factors given the opposite, having poor parents, suffices to prevent these seemingly trivial aides that you would certainly ignore regarding how some 'succeed' from supposedly 'nothing'.

I also do NOT think that it is ABSOLUTELY impossible to 'succeed' to become wealthier in some places. Again, the Left's argument regarding systemic biases contributes to demonstrating how bias of those in poverty suffer even more by comparison to a White person who may be stereotyped as coming from a good neighborhood. If you are Black living in a place where being Black statistically means one is 'poor', they are often barred from buying homes in some neighborhoods. [I just saw some documentary recently on this particular bias but can't recall where at the moment. The subtle dismissal of a potential candidate for SELECTION regarding any wealth-generating opportunity or literal property in a nice neighborhood will place those with the stereotype of whomever is less likely statistically to 'succeed' based upon things like race (or sex).

Why have you not recognized my points regarding these subtle factors about ones background inherent wealth regarding how apparently priceless beneficial factors contribute MORE significantly than you would be willing to give credit for? AND note that it is ironic that earlier in this thread you or others protective of the wealthier were so concerned about how we define 'success' by money. When I DO show non-monetary values, such as being of parents who invest in merely doting on their kids, you completely ignore these as contributing factors precisely for not being easy to put a price tag on. That is, the 'successes' of the above Millionaire stats likely ignore those factors that ARE 'priceless' but nevertheless come FROM those who are better off. The supporting factors to those you think came from 'nothing' HIDE those significantly powerful contributions that the poor(er) are nevertheless without BECAUSE of poverty factors. If you are starving, you are not likely going to be able to give an allowance, a car, and likely have extraneous pychological issues all based upon the LACK of money. Thus since those relatively priceless contributions still have to come from at least economically stable homes.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:39 pm WHERE are you getting these "statistics" from EXACTLY?
I do not have time to deal with idiots who cannot even read.

These links were provided in the original article:

Sources:

Please go away!
[/quote]

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:54 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:12 am Why would anyone 'envy' a billionaire? There is no useful purpose in having that much money ....
Well then, call it hate or loathing. "You cannot BE a billionaire without STEALING it off the backs of the hard worker. Anything else said is a fucking con ..." doesn't exactly sound like praise and admiration. Its a totally irrational hatred.
WHY is 'it' 'irrational'?
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:54 pm I personally knew (he's passed away) a man who used literally millions of his own money developing high-speed arithematic processing systems (mega-flops) that changed the whole face a signal processing.
WHERE did he get 'that money' from, EXACTLY?
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:54 pm That's what millionaire's use their money for--financing the development and production of all the goods and services that make your life and your enjoyment of it possible.
Is that what ALL "millionaires" DO?

And, AGAIN, WHERE did they GET 'those millions of dollars' from, EXACTLY?
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:54 pm Just exactly where and how do the, "hard workers," get the wealth that is supposedly stolen from them?
Here is a PRIME EXAMPLE of ATTEMPTING to "justify" the Truly DISTORTED BELIEF that "the workers" NEED the monetary RICH and WEALTHY business owners.

OBVIOUSLY, the monetary RICH and WEALTHY business owners would SUFFER before the rest do. Also, the business owners are ONLY "business owners" because of the ones so-called "under" 'them'.

If ANY business fails or collapses, and there is a demand for that product, then there are millions of people who WILL "step up" and take the role of "business owner". BUT, if ANY "worker" leaves, then very rarely if ever there will be seen a "business owner" "stepping down" and take the role of "worker". Also, "business owners", OBVIOUSLY, NEED "workers" FAR MORE than "workers" need "business owners".
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:54 pm If it weren't for the businesses and factories produced by the wealthy providing the, "hard workers," jobs, they would have no income at all and would starve to death.
Talk about BEING ABSOLUTELY BLINDED to thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.

Businesses, and thus "business owners", DO NOT survive WITHOUT "workers".

"Workers", however, CAN survive by just continuing to work, by just helping EACH OTHER.

AND, "money" is NOT NEEDED in Life. So, 'you', human beings, WILL NOT, laughably, "starve to death" without 'income'.

One of the BIGGEST DISTORTED BELIEFS among 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, was the BELIEF that 'you' NEED money to survive and live.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Scott Mayers wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:20 am

Sources:

So if Putin 'succeeds' in his war against Ukraine, do you think no one has a reason to despise him?
You regard Putin some kind of success? I don't, but if that's your idea of success it explains a lot about your views.

As for. "despising," Putin, since he has nothing to do with me or anything that matters to me and I certainly don't know the man, I do not waste my time or emotional energy on those whose very existence is totally irrelevant to me. "Despising," people is the hobby of the religious and political ideologists who think it is their business to judge the whole world.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:58 pm
Age wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:39 pm WHERE are you getting these "statistics" from EXACTLY?
I do not have time to deal with idiots who cannot even read.

These links were provided in the original article:

Sources:

Please go away!

EVERY time I POINT OUT and SHOW just how ABSURD, RIDICULOUS, INCONSISTENT, and/or CONTRADICTORY your WORDS Truly ARE, 'you' are left with just about NOTHING MORE than these types of WORDS, which 'you' have just EXPRESSED here.