The Arbiters of Truth

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The Arbiters of Truth

Post by Walker »

Is this true?

Shocking: One Industry Insider Suggests The U.S. Government Plays A HUGE Role In Twitter
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... ore-231743

From the link:

“There is no business model where Twitter is financially viable to operate…. UNLESS the tech architecture under the platform was subsidized.

“In my opinion, there is only one technological system and entity that could possibly underwrite the cost of Twitter to operate. That entity is the United States Government, and here’s why.”

“If my hunch is correct, Elon Musk is poised to expose the well-kept secret that most social media platforms are operating on U.S. government tech infrastructure and indirect subsidy. Let that sink in.”

Implications: First Amendment to the US Constitution: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

- Twitter abridges freedom of speech. It's not written law that Twitter and other companies can do this, but it's government approved, and they're effectively acting as government agents.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

If my hunch is correct, ….

Is a hunch a fact?

Ooooh, don’t tell me—Let me guess!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

What a shallow twit.
Walker

Post by Walker »

mickthinks wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:07 pm
Ooooh, don’t tell me—Let me guess!
Waiting. Do your usual guessing. Given the facts and reasoning presented in the link, who do you guess is subsidizing Twitter?

Who do you guess is subsidizing CNN network?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:40 pm What a shallow twit.
It's curious. He's never written anything intelligent. This analysis of his that disagrees with the link should be interesting. Perhaps he knows of some group other than the government.

I heard that the board of Twitter owns very few shares in the company, relatively speaking. Dorsey doesn't have many, if he's still around. No skin in the game. They don't care about profit.

What do they care about?
Walker

Post by Walker »

“Many Americans still believe that the likes of The New York Times, CNN, The Washington Post, MSNBC, and the rest of them are still news sources, but that is not the case and has not been the case for many years. The establishment media outlets do not exist to disseminate news, but to spread propaganda that favors the interests of the political and media elites.”

https://pjmedia.com/columns/robert-spen ... d-n1590503