Putin's War Crimes

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Putin's War Crimes

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:37 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:22 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:00 pm

Yeah, just keep disbelieving the raw truth, by falsely thinking you can sprinkle it with magical pink fairy dust as a way to disguise and cover up the ugly truth. People like you will say anything just to make it all seem worth it.

Whereas people like me, already accept the truth by living in the real world, which is easy and effortless, and a very lot simpler, simply simple...yeah, simple as simple could be.
I think in the end, this world is for the Walkers, as evidenced by the fact that he seems to enjoy it. Maybe God just doesn't want people like you and me to enjoy this world?
To me, it's not about whether one enjoys living or not...it's about accepting life for what it actually is without the filter of perception, and knowing that direct observation will show the reality in all it's gory detail, life reveals itself in all it's absolute raw state without the need to add any sugar to it, in the vain and selfish attempt to be in complete denial of it.
If life is truly ugly then it's not worth accepting. It's better to live in a beautiful delusion than to live in an ugly reality. And if someone accepts life, then it can only mean to me that it isn't quite as ugly for them as it is to me. And if it isn't as ugly for them, then good for them. This world was meant for them in that case.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:43 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:37 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:22 pm

I think in the end, this world is for the Walkers, as evidenced by the fact that he seems to enjoy it. Maybe God just doesn't want people like you and me to enjoy this world?
To me, it's not about whether one enjoys living or not...it's about accepting life for what it actually is without the filter of perception, and knowing that direct observation will show the reality in all it's gory detail, life reveals itself in all it's absolute raw state without the need to add any sugar to it, in the vain and selfish attempt to be in complete denial of it.
If life is truly ugly then it's not worth accepting. It's better to live in a beautiful delusion than to live in an ugly reality. And if someone accepts life, then it can only mean to me that it isn't quite as ugly for them as it is to me. And if it isn't as ugly for them, then good for them. This world was meant for them in that case.
I agree, some people like living, some people don't.

For me, it's better to not put a label on reality at all, certainly not put myself in a position where I have to impose a state of happiness and joy upon myself for fear of the opposite....Rather, I just accept it, and endure whatever situation arises until the end, it's not as if we have any other choice but to endure life, since we're here now, so what can we do about that, other than just live it out until the end comes. If I had the choice to do it again, I would say hell NO

The good and more positive news is that we only have to do this ONCE
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:00 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:52 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:58 am
Wake up call...life is a very ugly business.
Not for me and obviously, I know much more than you.
Yeah, just keep disbelieving the raw truth, by falsely thinking you can sprinkle it with magical pink fairy dust as a way to disguise and cover up the ugly truth. People like you will say anything just to make it all seem worth it.

Whereas people like me, already accept the truth by living in the real world, which is easy and effortless, and a very lot simpler, simply simple...yeah, simple as simple could be.
No one denies your right to misery
You are free to be in misery
As and when, you have to be.
Your insistence that others be miserable
Has no juice.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

👍👍👍👍👍
Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:45 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:23 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:25 am

I'm sure many of the soldiers themselves are. They're doing what they think is their duty to their country. They're serving it. However, they're serving a leadership that is little different than the one our soldiers served when they served the Bush administration by invading Iraq.
No one has any 'duty' to the piece of rock they were born on. It's just a piece of rock. And they certainly don't have a 'duty' to politicians. If those arseholes thing that their 'duty' is murdering children then they need a bullet in their own head. People need to stop misusing and abusing words. If all soldiers are 'heroes' then none are. The whole point of the word 'hero' is that it's describing something EXCEPTIONAL, an act that is UNUSUAL and that puts yourself at great risk in a selfless way. Actually soldiers are the safest people in a war. It's civilians who suffer.
OK. You make a fair point. I suppose a true "hero" would be one who heroically defies an order to do evil. However, once a person gets into the military, the pressure to conform and not act heroically probably becomes pretty extreme. I suppose I'm fortunate in some respects that I didn't join the military because once in, a person is turned into a "soldier" and "soldiers" are meant to kill other human beings. There but for the grace of God go I.
Do Americans really think the word 'hero' means 'soldier' (specifically an American soldier)? Is that another word they claim has 'evolved'? The word 'hero' has nothing to do with the military. despite the fact that a soldier might do something that's considered 'heroic', although the only real heroes are those who defy the mob and don't have anything to do with the military. They are the brave ones.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:23 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:45 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:23 pm

No one has any 'duty' to the piece of rock they were born on. It's just a piece of rock. And they certainly don't have a 'duty' to politicians. If those arseholes thing that their 'duty' is murdering children then they need a bullet in their own head. People need to stop misusing and abusing words. If all soldiers are 'heroes' then none are. The whole point of the word 'hero' is that it's describing something EXCEPTIONAL, an act that is UNUSUAL and that puts yourself at great risk in a selfless way. Actually soldiers are the safest people in a war. It's civilians who suffer.
OK. You make a fair point. I suppose a true "hero" would be one who heroically defies an order to do evil. However, once a person gets into the military, the pressure to conform and not act heroically probably becomes pretty extreme. I suppose I'm fortunate in some respects that I didn't join the military because once in, a person is turned into a "soldier" and "soldiers" are meant to kill other human beings. There but for the grace of God go I.
Do Americans really think the word 'hero' means 'soldier' (specifically an American soldier)? Is that another word they claim has 'evolved'? The word 'hero' has nothing to do with the military. despite the fact that a soldier might do something that's considered 'heroic', although the only real heroes are those who defy the mob and don't have anything to do with the military. They are the brave ones.
It takes bravery to face potentially life-threatening circumstances. At least I think it must. I wouldn't shortchange them on that. Unfortunately, though, most of the life-threatening circumstances many soldiers face are purely invented by politicians and oligarchs around the world who insist on invading other countries. The ones defending their countries from invaders are certainly heroes, in many cases. It would be nice if our politicians and oligarchs would recognize their roles in the evil that has transpired time and again. But the ones that make the mistakes and eventually realize it die off and new idiots are born to fill their shoes. That seems to be a recurring problem with humanity, that sometimes we don't learn right and wrong until we face it ourselves to understand it intimately. Otherwise, people in power, like many, just think of others in the most abstract terms and then think they can get away with murder. It catches up with all of us eventually, though. Karma is real, in my experience. Or maybe it's God evening the score, I don't know.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

The Russians do not have a monopoly on war crimes. If you are American you certainly cannot point a finger. In setting up this incident/war one should ask ones self from viewing the big picture who is the aggressor. If your drawing your conclusions from the evening news, you're being programmed. Learn to listen to the global community not your government, the two seldom tally. The entity that engineered this conflict has put the whole world in jepordy.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=chris+hed ... =1&PC=ACTS

https://www.bing.com/search?q=norm+chom ... TS&ntref=1
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:43 am The Russians do not have a monopoly on war crimes. If you are American you certainly cannot point a finger. In setting up this incident/war one should ask ones self from viewing the big picture who is the aggressor. If your drawing your conclusions from the evening news, you're being programmed. Learn to listen to the global community not your government, the two seldom tally. The entity that engineered this conflict has put the whole world in jepordy.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=chris+hed ... =1&PC=ACTS

https://www.bing.com/search?q=norm+chom ... TS&ntref=1
What if the bigger picture is simply material.. and that it's just all about the ''MONEY''

What if MONEY is JUST more important than people?

If that be the case, then we are slaves to money...or we could free ourselves and just keep replicating the pieces of paper until there is enough to make everyone live a comfortable and happy life, I mean that's what we are playing this game of life for, to enjoy it...right?...I mean why would any sane person want to bring a child into a world where it is just going to live a miserable existence? Huh!

popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

["What if the bigger picture is simply material.. and that it's just all about the ''MONEY''
What if MONEY is JUST more important than people?

If that be the case, then we are slaves to money...or we could free ourselves and just keep replicating the pieces of paper until there is enough to make everyone live a comfortable and happy life, I mean that's what we are playing this game of life for, to enjoy it...right?...I mean why would any sane person want to bring a child into a world where it is just going to live a miserable existence? Huh! [/quote]

Dontaskme,

Empire and colonialism has always been the problem. The American empire is a wretched piece of work. America is corporate American and war is their cottage industry. The only way to stop it is to take the profits out of war, for war is business is business, the rich get richer the poor get poorer and die. Keep in mind also the distraction from the pressing issue of the global environment. America in more than one way is putting the global community in jeopardy.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Imperialism is the natural privilege of the Englishman whom must bear the entire white man's burden of civilizing the people of the earth and bringing them into the modern world.

This task is difficult for philosophers, so when in question, I always ask what would Sir George Martin do
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:10 pm
Dontaskme,

Empire and colonialism has always been the problem. The American empire is a wretched piece of work. America is corporate American and war is their cottage industry. The only way to stop it is to take the profits out of war, for war is business is business, the rich get richer the poor get poorer and die. Keep in mind also the distraction from the pressing issue of the global environment. America in more than one way is putting the global community in jeopardy.
I agree with you pop :cry:

Putins love song for his beloved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8bCwmZp5W8

No one wins, no one loses. :D
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:30 pm It takes bravery to face potentially life-threatening circumstances. At least I think it must.
Stupidity seems more likely. To intentionally face a life-threatening situation that can be avoided is stupid, if it cannot be avoided, there's no choice. It's not bravery.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I'd almost believe this Navalny guy is an actor and that the whole conflict between he and Putin is manufactured.

When did he record the footage used in the documentary coming on? Before or during his incarceration, and if during, how?

Somebody Google that and get back to me.

Also, why would you taunt Putin with comments like 'c'mon, poison? Seriously?' when you were sitting in a prison? Ah, I see. If he were poisoned or somehow mysteriously died in prison, shirley everyone would believe Putin had it done.

But then couldn't they just poison him again and call it a heart attack officially?