Should we stop using war as population culling of our young people?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Should we stop using war as population culling of our young people?

Post by Greatest I am »

Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:18 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:56 pm Should we stop using war as population culling of our young people?

For most of our Godless history, governments and religions have used war to reduce the population of their unruly men and women. This is understandable for those times, as tribes, governments and religions would have wanted to reduce the overrepresented male numbers, as compared to much fewer female numbers. Population balance, unfortunately, was required.

Ancient tough love from the Gods.

Modern wars seem to be designed to continue that vile policy.

Should we ask our political and oligarchic masters to stop wasting our young people with ancient ways?

If we are not to change our ways, cull the old. We are living too long, and the joys are fewer, as we watch the young be buried before the old. The opposite of what nature wants to see.

Culling the old is the moral thing to do. Our ways of culling the young are not natural.

Regards
DL
I was calling it this for a long time. However, I'm not sure if culling the old per se is the solution.
I agree. I was making a point of reference to work from. Some call this click bate. In marketting, it is more like a hook. Quite legit.
We favor children ...especially the younger...as though this less mature state of mind is superior.
It is superior.

Our children will outlive you and I and likely end as superior to whatever you and I die being.

You go against nature and evolution.
I think that the 'goal' of life though is to fully enjoy it as empowered adults, even though the average maturity by many of the old is reflectively more compassionate for their grand children.
Empowered adult, is a novel concept that perhaps, what, .0001 5 of us might have?

The only freedom any of us have to to follow the law or break it and suffer the consequences.
So, if it is the old we can be free to cull, let only the ones who never matured or who favor stupidity most be 'culled'. In fact, given the religiousity goes up for them, let's start a "Children of the Corn" cult just for them. Set it up as a kind of Westworld fantasy dreamland for kids whose goal is to hunt "pretentious" old people.
I will vote for anything that changes the trend of the old burying the young, to the better trend of the young burying the old.

If you measure maturity by going to the best possible end in your thinking, then fucking get on board.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:38 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:25 am Just start with making volunatary euthanasia easy and accessible from a certain age. I'm sure many elderly would take it up happily. You shouldn't have to be at death's door.
FryMeetsBenderInSuicideBooth.png

...from this segment of the first episode:
Fry Meets Bender in Suicide Booth
Why can you use links and I cannot?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:05 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:56 pm
If we are not to change our ways, cull the old. We are living too long, and the joys are fewer, as we watch the young be buried before the old. The opposite of what nature wants to see.

Culling the old is the moral thing to do. Our ways of culling the young are not natural.

The most natural and kindest way to cull people is to not birth them into existence in the first place, save all the misery and suffering that is this hell hole torture chamber called reality for sentient life.

People can sugar coat the brutal truth that is nature, but that won't make the truth go away, all you'll get is a sweet tasting bitterness.

This is just my opinion, doesn't mean anyone reading this opinion, has to agree with it.
I do not believe in preventing people from following their instincts.

Mine have served me too well for that.

You might want to look at the happiness stats.

The vast majority of us are doing a lot better than even a generation ago, and that trend has not yet changed enough to effect our direction towards even better stats and conditions.

Regards
DL
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:04 pm
Impenitent wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:16 am set it up like Logan's Run...

Renew!

-Imp
In terms of renewal: --- What is the best natural end?

The young growing to reproduce, or the new generations being destroyed by the existing generation that no longer reproduces?

Regards
DL
the best one happens naturally...

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

More emphasis needs to focus on why humanity willingly participates in it's own self-destruction.

Intelligence informs war with yourself is a stupid, dumb, no win game, only a fool would want to play.

But then there's one born every minute, so it looks like child soldiers willingly oblige to go along with their own destruction.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:08 pm
So: do nuthin', that's your stance, yeah?

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:17 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:48 am
Whatever, bub.
As it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to, logically, REFUTE what I said here, saying what you have here is about the best you could REALLY do.

And, as long as I am SHOWING and PROVING what is False, Wrong, or Incorrect in what "others" say and write here, then my job is done, as some might say.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:05 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:56 pm

The most natural and kindest way to cull people is to not birth them into existence in the first place, save all the misery and suffering that is this hell hole torture chamber called reality for sentient life.
But 'Life', Itself, is just PURELY 'wonderful' and 'beautiful', and Truly SIMPLE, and EASY.

But 'each to their own', as some say.

ONLY the ABUSED SEE 'Life', (in) ANOTHER WAY.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:05 am People can sugar coat the brutal truth that is nature, but that won't make the truth go away, all you'll get is a sweet tasting bitterness.
People can ALSO through mud at the ACTUAL Truth of Nature, Itself, but that does NOT mean that 'the mud' will stick.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:05 am This is just my opinion, doesn't mean anyone reading this opinion, has to agree with it.
This is My view of 'things', and absolutely ANY one is absolutely FREE to LOOK AT and SEE 'things' in absolutely ANY way they like, or dislike.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:27 am
But 'Life', Itself, is just PURELY 'wonderful' and 'beautiful', and Truly SIMPLE, and EASY.
Yeah, I lovingly adored and cared for my beautiful new born baby ... I then had to experience helplessly the harrowing despair of hearing my child had his guts and limbs splattered into millions of pieces. Yeah, that's a great game to play, lets just keep playing that, it's wonderful and so much fun. I really live for the kick that is having my babies blown to pieces by weapons made by their own hands...Ok, whatever bub if that's your idea of wonderful.....just don't expect others to be obliged to go along with your idea of a beautiful life.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

NO, that statement is just not true.....Rather, Only the highly intelligent, fully awake, and aware people see life for what it actually is.

The 'abused' may want to look at life as a one sided story, in their futile attempt to bury the actual truth by being in complete denial that the beauty that they believe is nature, is a trick nature plays on itself, to get it to go through and endure life in the first place, but it's a fools paradise, the reality of nature is a Venus Fly Trap ..the nectar is inviting, but it's a trick because in reality you are going to be squished to your death in the most dark and insideous way.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:20 am
Whatever, buddy.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:54 am
Yeah, I lovingly adored and cared for my beautiful new born baby ... I then had to experience helplessly the harrowing despair of hearing my child had his guts and limbs splattered into millions of pieces.
By who or what, EXACTLY?

Also, WHY did 'you', supposedly and allegedly, lovingly adore and care for your beautiful new born baby, when your 'internal nature' is BRUTAL and CRUEL?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:54 am Yeah, that's a great game to play, lets just keep playing that, it's wonderful and so much fun. I really live for the kick that is having my babies blown to pieces by weapons made by their own hands...
BUT 'babies' DO NOT create 'weapons'. ONLY 'you', adult human beings, DO.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:54 am Ok, whatever bub if that's your idea of wonderful.....just don't expect others to be obliged to go along with your idea of a beautiful life.

If 'you', adult human beings, did NOT BLOW up "yourselves" through 'your' OWN hands, and for absolutely NO good reason WHATSOEVER, then 'your' lives would NOT be SO HARD, and SO HORRIBLE, as how 'you', "dontaskme", SEE 'your life'.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:07 am
NO, that statement is just not true.....Rather, Only the highly intelligent, fully awake, and aware people see life for what it actually is.
That is what I JUST SAID.

I SAID; ONLY the ABUSED SEE 'Life', (in) ANOTHER WAY.

In case 'you' did NOT YET WORK OUT the 'another' word refers to ANOTHER WAY from what 'Life' ACTUALLY IS.

And, LOL, are 'you' 'TRYING TO' make the CLAIM here that 'you' are one of "highly intelligent" ones?

Also, what are the "levels" of 'intelligence", in which there is a, supposed, "higher level"?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:54 am The 'abused' may want to look at life as a one sided story, in their futile attempt to bury the actual truth by being in complete denial that the beauty that they believe is nature, is a trick nature plays on itself, to get it to go through and endure life in the first place, but it's a fools paradise, the reality of nature is a Venus Fly Trap ..the nectar is inviting, but it's a trick because in reality you are going to be squished to your death in the most dark and insideous way.
But 'I' AM ETERNAL. It is 'you', human beings, who are NOT.

Also, WHY would 'Nature', Itself, want to 'trick' 'you' into BELIEVING 'Life' is BEAUTIFUL?

What would the PURPOSE of that be FOR, EXACTLY?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:09 pm

Yes, I am eternally dammed to suffer the pain of living, and be rewarded with the beauty because being tortured is just so worth the beauty of it all. Yes, I am eternally trapped within creation forever and ever. I will suffer the pain of living because it's all such amazing wonderful beauty to be tortured forever.
Age wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:09 pmAlso, WHY would 'Nature', Itself, want to 'trick' 'you' into BELIEVING 'Life' is BEAUTIFUL?

Why don't you take that question to a fly caught in a fly trap.. oh eternal one...huh, huh, why doncha!

Look if you think life is just one huge bag of wonderful and beautiful laughs then I'm happy for yer, whatever makes your willy tingle ok. But not everyone feels the same, so shut up.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:51 pm
Age wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:09 pm

Yes, I am eternally dammed to suffer the pain of living, and be rewarded with the beauty because being tortured is just so worth the beauty of it all.
What are 'you' on about here?

'you' are YET to work out or discover WHO and WHAT 'I' AM, EXACTLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:51 pm Yes, I am eternally trapped within creation forever and ever. I will suffer the pain of living because it's all such amazing wonderful beauty to be tortured forever.
We wonder if 'you', "dontaskme", will EVER REVEAL what happened to 'you', as a child.

'you' MUST HAVE REALLY HAD TO have gone through and endure some 'shit', as some would say, that you ACTUALLY BELIEVE 'you' WILL be TORMENTED and TORTURED FOREVER.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:51 pm
Age wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:09 pmAlso, WHY would 'Nature', Itself, want to 'trick' 'you' into BELIEVING 'Life' is BEAUTIFUL?

Why don't you take that question to a fly caught in a fly trap.. oh eternal one...huh, huh, why doncha!
So, 'you' are AGAIN UNABLE to just 'think' and 'clarify'?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:51 pm Look if you think life is just one huge bag of wonderful and beautiful laughs then I'm happy for yer, whatever makes your willy tingle ok.
LOL Here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of just how CLOSED these 'people' REALLY WERE, because of their INSISTENT BELIEVING.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:51 pm But not everyone feels the same, so shut up.
Absolutely NO one I KNOW even 'feels' the way you just EXPRESSED here. 'you' are absolutely SO BLIND here "dontaskme".

I suggest you READ ONLY the ACTUAL WORDS I USE, and STOP ADDING your OWN LITTLE made-up STORIES on to 'them.