Should we stop using war as population culling of our young people?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

For most of our Godless history, governments and religions have used war to reduce the population of their unruly men and women. This is understandable for those times, as tribes, governments and religions would have wanted to reduce the overrepresented male numbers, as compared to much fewer female numbers. Population balance, unfortunately, was required.

Ancient tough love from the Gods.

Modern wars seem to be designed to continue that vile policy.

Should we ask our political and oligarchic masters to stop wasting our young people with ancient ways?

If we are not to change our ways, cull the old. We are living too long, and the joys are fewer, as we watch the young be buried before the old. The opposite of what nature wants to see.

Culling the old is the moral thing to do. Our ways of culling the young are not natural.

Regards
DL
Impenitent

Re: Should we stop using war as population culling of our young people?

Post by Impenitent »

set it up like Logan's Run...

Renew!

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Should we ask our political and oligarchic masters to stop wasting our young people with ancient ways?

That, it seems to me, is a waste of time.

Better to simply not comply, & teach your/our children they have no masters and aren't obligated to submit to the desires of those folks who see themselves as masters.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

And who perpetuates the bullshit idea that young men who kill people are 'heroes'? Who is buying this bullshit? How do we stop people from being gullible, easily-brainwashed fuckwits?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Veg,

And who perpetuates the bullshit idea that young men who kill people are 'heroes'?

The folks who benefit, the masters GIA mentioned.

Who is buying this bullshit?

Generations of indoctrinated folks.

How do we stop people from being gullible, easily-brainwashed fuckwits?

As I say: teach your/our children they have no masters and aren't obligated to submit to the desires of those folks who see themselves as masters.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:39 am Veg,

And who perpetuates the bullshit idea that young men who kill people are 'heroes'?

As I say: teach your/our children they have no masters and aren't obligated to submit to the desires of those folks who see themselves as masters.
There's plenty we agree on, as long as it involves logic and reason...

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:39 am Veg,

But it was 'you', "henry quirk", who TOLD your child that they HAVE TO do what 'you' SAY, or they WILL BE PUNISHED. So, 'you', "henry quirk", have ACTUALLY MADE your child see 'you' as 'its' master.

'you' have now then effectively MADE your child SUBMIT to the desires of those older "folks" like "yourself", who see "yourselves" as masters.

'you' do, after all, BELIEVE 'you' can "own" 'things', which "others" can NOT 'touch', and that 'they' NEED YOUR PERMISSION FIRST, which is EXACTLY LIKE how self-believed "masters" behave like. 'you' REINFORCE this BELIEF by TELLING and THREATENING "others" that if they do NOT do what 'you', [the "master"] does NOT like, then you can and WILL SHOOT 'them' DEAD.

Which MEANS it is 'people' just like 'you', "henry quirk", who has been and is still TEACHING 'children' that there ARE "masters" AND "slaves" in Life.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:48 am
Whatever, bub.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:56 pm Should we stop using war as population culling of our young people?

For most of our Godless history, governments and religions have used war to reduce the population of their unruly men and women. This is understandable for those times, as tribes, governments and religions would have wanted to reduce the overrepresented male numbers, as compared to much fewer female numbers. Population balance, unfortunately, was required.

Ancient tough love from the Gods.

Modern wars seem to be designed to continue that vile policy.

If we are not to change our ways, cull the old. We are living too long, and the joys are fewer, as we watch the young be buried before the old. The opposite of what nature wants to see.

Culling the old is the moral thing to do. Our ways of culling the young are not natural.

Regards
DL
I was calling it this for a long time. However, I'm not sure if culling the old per se is the solution.

We favor children ...especially the younger...as though this less mature state of mind is superior. I think that the 'goal' of life though is to fully enjoy it as empowered adults, even though the average maturity by many of the old is reflectively more compassionate for their grand children. So, if it is the old we can be free to cull, let only the ones who never matured or who favor stupidity most be 'culled'. In fact, given the religiousity goes up for them, let's start a "Children of the Corn" cult just for them. Set it up as a kind of Westworld fantasy dreamland for kids whose goal is to hunt "pretentious" old people.
vegetariantaxidermy

Just start with making volunatary euthanasia easy and accessible from a certain age. I'm sure many elderly would take it up happily. You shouldn't have to be at death's door.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:25 am Just start with making volunatary euthanasia easy and accessible from a certain age. I'm sure many elderly would take it up happily. You shouldn't have to be at death's door.
Futurama predictated this suicide booth set up for just such volunteering.....
Futurama predictated this suicide booth set up for just such volunteering.....
FryMeetsBenderInSuicideBooth.png (136.15 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
...from this segment of the first episode:
Fry Meets Bender in Suicide Booth
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:56 pm

The most natural and kindest way to cull people is to not birth them into existence in the first place, save all the misery and suffering that is this hell hole torture chamber called reality for sentient life.

People can sugar coat the brutal truth that is nature, but that won't make the truth go away, all you'll get is a sweet tasting bitterness.

This is just my opinion, doesn't mean anyone reading this opinion, has to agree with it.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:16 am set it up like Logan's Run...

Renew!

-Imp
In terms of renewal: --- What is the best natural end?

The young growing to reproduce, or the new generations being destroyed by the existing generation that no longer reproduces?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:31 am Should we ask our political and oligarchic masters to stop wasting our young people with ancient ways?

That, it seems to me, is a waste of time.

Better to simply not comply, & teach your/our children they have no masters and aren't obligated to submit to the desires of those folks who see themselves as masters.
So better to lie to them and give them advice they cannot follow.

No thanks.

A cowed person should recognized that he is cowed and fears his masters.

You do not see governments and our oligarch owners fearing us, do you?

What's that song? Good advice you just can't take?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:33 am And who perpetuates the bullshit idea that young men who kill people are 'heroes'? Who is buying this bullshit? How do we stop people from being gullible, easily-brainwashed fuckwits?
Repealing the Noble Lies, --- of the value of organized religion, --- and that populations that are governed are not really free, --- would be a good start.

Truth is always a good starting point.

Regards
DL