The price of oil

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

The price of oil

Post by Impenitent »

When the price of oil goes over $150 dollars a barrel and the price of everything is hyperinflated, philosophy becomes a luxury very few can afford...

-Imp
Walker

Re: The price of oil

Post by Walker »

That should cause life to move differently.
Back to the old ways.
Old school.

More chopping wood and hauling water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDLx_2wtKaI
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:13 pm That should cause life to move differently.
Back to the old ways.
Old school.

And when there's no more water or 'wood to chop'?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:37 pm When the price of oil goes over $150 dollars a barrel and the price of everything is hyperinflated, philosophy becomes a luxury very few can afford...

-Imp
Take it a step further and that includes living as an unaffordable luxury. Humans have been fucking trolls on this planet since the beginning of history and no loss if some virus wiped it out completely.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:50 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:13 pm That should cause life to move differently.
Back to the old ways.
Old school.

The water will be within walking distance, and enough. With the world population so large the wood won't last long. Without those fancy machines and oil, most folks burn dung. Start growing the dung machines.

There will be some inconveniences, sure. Probably chaos, a breakdown in civilization for awhile, death and destruction.

But you know ... it's all for the climate, to save the planet.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:22 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:50 pm
Back to the old ways.
Old school.

The water will be within walking distance, and enough. With the world population so large the wood won't last long. Without those fancy machines and oil, most folks burn dung. Start growing the dung machines.

There will be some inconveniences, sure. Probably chaos, a breakdown in civilization for awhile, death and destruction.
So, nothing much different from now, when this is being written, correct?
Walker wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:22 am But you know ... it's all for the climate, to save the planet.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:39 am
I read that at one time the human population on the planet dipped to about ten thousand.
Sounds plausible.

Should that happen again because of no wood ... that would be different.

- For one thing, fewer traffic jams.
- That means no more sitting still out on the hot macadam (a petroleum product), philosophically musing silently, or out loud with the pool, that is, the car pool.

:|

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:19 am
I read that at one time the human population on the planet dipped to about ten thousand.
Sounds plausible.

But this has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with what I was talking about and meaning.
Walker wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:19 am - For one thing, fewer traffic jams.
- That means no more sitting still out on the hot macadam (a petroleum product), philosophically musing silently, or out loud with the pool, that is, the car pool.

By the way the world could NEVER run out of oil.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:13 am
Sounds plausible.

But this has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with what I was talking about and meaning.
Perhaps, but it does pertain to a dip in population because of not enough wood and how that could have been caused by anti-wood chemicals that may or may not have been included in the mandatory injections by those who want to save the planet from people, along with Who knows what else.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:47 pm
Sounds plausible.

Perhaps, but it does pertain to a dip in population because of not enough wood and how that could have been caused by anti-wood chemicals that may or may not have been included in the mandatory injections by those who want to save the planet from people, along with Who knows what else.

WHEN, EXACTLY, was this proposed 'dip in human population'?

And, WHERE can I find it written that this 'dip in population' was because of 'not enough wood'?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:34 am
Walker wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:47 pm

WHEN, EXACTLY, was this proposed 'dip in human population'?

And, WHERE can I find it written that this 'dip in population' was because of 'not enough wood'?
During an ice age, probably the last one and by conjecture perhaps those before it unless that conflicts with firmly held scientific consistencies concerning times and dates, at least to the extent that the conflict derails any exact intent for the thread.

I was aiming for quasi-euphemistic about the wood, which of course is a shadowy and shifting target.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:13 am By the way the world could NEVER run out of oil.
To clarify your position:

Are you asserting that oil is a renewable resource?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

WAR IS......

A rich man's paradise. The poor will suffer in lower wages and higher prices. In Ukraine they will die directly, in Russia they will start to starve.
Cui Bono? Arms dealers, and Oilmen.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:46 am
Age wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:13 am By the way the world could NEVER run out of oil.
To clarify your position:

Are you asserting that oil is a renewable resource?
No.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"WAR IS......

A rich man's paradise. The poor will suffer in lower wages and higher prices. In Ukraine they will die directly, in Russia they will start to starve.
Cui Bono? Arms dealers, and Oilmen."

Amen, brother. And anyone who thinks otherwise is either irredeemably stoopid, or one of em.