Worse than Watergate

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: Worse than Watergate

Post by promethean75 »

I have to agree here. For me, it was when I saw that redneck trailer trash guy in war paint and the indian head dress get up to the potium and start grunting like a caveman, that I knew not to call this an 'insurrection'.

However, equally ridiculous to me is the right-winger claim that the election was stolen. Then I hear Trump on the phone axing some governor to 'come up with'... what was it, eleven thousand votes in his favor?

What does 'come up with' mean? Like 'find' or forge?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:02 pm I have to agree here. For me, it was when I saw that redneck trailer trash guy in war paint and the indian head dress get up to the potium and start grunting like a caveman, that I knew not to call this an 'insurrection'.

However, equally ridiculous to me is the right-winger claim that the election was stolen. Then I hear Trump on the phone axing some governor to 'come up with'... what was it, eleven thousand votes in his favor?

What does 'come up with' mean? Like 'find' or forge?
Americans are ridiculous nutters no what their political persuasion, so spare us the 'holier than thou' act.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

But bro, I really am holier than thou tho. Like the only reason I have not ruled out the possibility of some kind of spirit world is because people like me exist. I'm like 'if there is something, i sure as shit got it'.

All the rest of yas are just regular folks whom if I were to take full account of, would surmise that there is, indeed, no such spirit world.
Walker

Post by Walker »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:54 pm We all died a little that day.
You're obviously a boilerplate connoisseur.

Baseball players are really good at that.
In fact, watch just about any sports interview.
They've got it down, and in big money situations, under legal advice.

So too for the other b-ball, although some of their interviews are wildly entertaining, or used to be, when not all of them would play ball, so to speak, and just let it flow.
LeBron! You're wanted on the phone, hurry up!

Politicians, too. In fact, legally advised boiler-plate is a defining element of a politician.

Nancy ... Mitch ... master's calling!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Biden’s Handlers Are Preparing to Eject Him (and Kamala)
- Roger Kimball

https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/19/bide ... nd-kamala/

“Kamala Harris is more of a problem. She is at least as appallingly incompetent as her boss, and no less challenged rhetorically, as her alarming performance in Poland and Romania a week or two back demonstrated. But Harris will not be as easy to shift as was Agnew. I have heard nothing about actual bribery, and acting as the warm bun for Willie Brown’s bratwurst may be in dubious taste but is not actionable.”

Obviously, Kamala will have to be dealt with first, and she will be. Look for some ground softening stories such as the Times just served up about the laptop. They won’t be long in coming.

Comment:

Phasing out those two would make Nancy Pelosi the president. Good Lord, that’s even worse!
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:37 pm Biden’s Handlers Are Preparing to Eject Him (and Kamala)
- Roger Kimball

https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/19/bide ... nd-kamala/

“Kamala Harris is more of a problem. She is at least as appallingly incompetent as her boss, and no less challenged rhetorically, as her alarming performance in Poland and Romania a week or two back demonstrated. But Harris will not be as easy to shift as was Agnew. I have heard nothing about actual bribery, and acting as the warm bun for Willie Brown’s bratwurst may be in dubious taste but is not actionable.”

Obviously, Kamala will have to be dealt with first, and she will be. Look for some ground softening stories such as the Times just served up about the laptop. They won’t be long in coming.

Comment:

Phasing out those two would make Nancy Pelosi the president. Good Lord, that’s even worse!
How is the country doing worse under Biden? Just curious. Try to control your urge to post a paragraph of gibberish. A couple of clear sentences should be within your limited capabilities.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:15 pm
How is the country doing worse under Biden? Just curious. Try to control your urge to post a paragraph of gibberish. A couple of clear sentences should be within your limited capabilities.
The internet can satisfy your passing curiosity, Mistress VT.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:48 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:15 pm
The internet can satisfy your passing curiosity, Mistress VT.
I asked YOU.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Well ... there's economic inflation.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:59 am
I asked YOU.
Out there in left field, VDH * heard your need, and answered the call.

Could it be that a virulent hatred of all things American, is actually a cover-up for unfashionable Americanphilism?

If so, this tidy little summation of the past 65 months or so will feed the jones.

And whadda ya know. It happens to be some of what I think, too.

Double-trouble.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/20/cons ... own-words/

* Not too long ago I was on the Stanford campus, walking around VDH's stomping grounds. Beautiful place.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Conspirators in Their Own Words
By Victor David Hanson
https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/20/cons ... own-words/

--begin quote--

"For the last five years, the Left—defined as the fusion of the mainstream media, Silicon Valley, the radical new Democratic Party, and the vestigial Hillary Clinton machine—has crafted all sorts of conspiracies to destroy their perceived conservative enemies.

"Their method has focused on one major projection: alleging conspiracy on the part of others, which is a kind of confirmation of their own conspiracies to destroy their opponents in general, and Donald Trump in particular.

"Now they have been caught admitting to such nefariousness. Apparently, they still are exuberant about their slick shamelessness and simply can’t keep quiet. Or they believe radically changed conditions, such as the implosion of the Biden Administration, prompt necessary admissions."

-- end quote --

(continued in link)
Walker

Post by Walker »

(continued from the link)

Hillary’s the One

For nearly five years anyone who objected that the partisan Christopher Steele and his “dossier” were fraudulent, that Glenn Simpson’s Fusion GPS was a paid opposition hit team, and their joint birthing of “Trump-Russia collusion” was a myth, was smeared as a denialist or conspiracist.

But examine what has transpired since 2016. Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s 22-month investigation found nothing. Mueller in congressional testimony was either addled or disingenuous. He even claimed he knew nothing of Fusion GPS or the dossier, the twin catalysts for his own investigation.

The more Mueller meandered, the more it was clear that his henchman, partisan lawyer Andrew Weissmann, had hijacked the left-wing “All-Star” and “Dream Team” of lawyers and was running the charade. The more the Left boasted of the legal eagles set to tear apart Trump, the more glaring their failure to find any such evidence supporting their conspiracies.

Christopher Steele, once the object of left-wing adulation who sought to warp the 2016 election by leaking his smears, is now a pariah. Indeed, he is relegated to the clown-like status of a Michael Avenatti. Steele has testified to what we already knew: He has no notes or sources to substantiate his ludicrous file.

One of his two “Russian sources” turned out to be a left-wing minor researcher at the liberal Brookings Institution, Igor Danchenko. He is now under indictment for lying. The other is a former Clinton operative Charles Dolan. He now admits he has worked for the Russian government and its affiliates for years.

So ponder that creepy circular firing squad: Hillary Clinton paid for Christopher Steele to find dirt on Donald Trump. She hid her checks by using the firewalls of the Democratic National Committee, the Perkins Coie law firm, and Fusion GPS.

Steele, who had not been in Russia in years, simply concocted the story, in part from the fantasies of a Clinton employee! So in the end, Hillary sought to smear Trump with a phony charge of Russian collusion by colluding herself with the Russians, albeit through various firewalls!

When the investigators found nothing for their $40 million investment, serial leaking, and character assassination, when the author of the slanders cannot even point to a single source, and when his two informants are either under indictment or worked for both Hillary Clinton and the Russian government, then the accusers of conspiracy stand so accused.

(continued in the link)
Walker

Post by Walker »

(continued from the link)

Gasbags Gaslighting

When Donald Trump alleged that he had been wiretapped—apparently tipped off by a whistleblower—the country had a good belly laugh. Trump was deemed paranoid, a nut. Why would anyone in the lame-duck Obama Administration bureaucracy or the Clinton campaign have sought to monitor Trump’s communications? Who would even have had electronic access to such top-secret confidential communications, the very Domain Name System logs of candidate and then President Trump?

But now we know that one Michael Sussmann—working again for Perkins Coie, and being paid by the DNC, as a front for candidate Clinton—contacted “techies” who as contractors had access to Trump’s most confidential and private communications.

Sussmann then was told that a Russian bank, Alfa, had a back-channel line of direct communications with Trump. He then went to the FBI to substantiate to the media that his inventions were worthy of government investigation. Everyone from the ubiquitous Bruce Ohr to the Zelig-like Peter Strzok was somehow connected to the hoax. In truth, the bought techies searched Trump’s private logs for any and everything, and came up only with a Russian bank likely sending one-way spam to a Trump server.

In other words, Trump was a recipient of electronic noise. But it was useful pings that gave the media a second life to “collusion”—another “bombshell” disclosure planted roundabout by Hillary Clinton who was still slandering Trump as a Putin puppet.

Again, this sorry tale is not some allegation from the Right. We know the details from a writ of a federal prosecutor who had indicted Sussmann for purportedly lying. Soon he and his techie contractors will likely try to blame one another to avoid indictments, and we should expect even more conspiracies to emerge from those alleging conspiracy.

(continued in the link)
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

That link is to a load of right-wing denialist bull, Walker. It doesn't matter what it says because none of it can be relied on. You are peddling authoritarian disinformation.

But you know that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

You wish. What a dreamer.

If you can't wish this link away, you can always post a stupid picture.

Biden gets creepy with Ukrainian refugee in Poland: ‘Who do you owe those beautiful eyes to?’

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/26 ... o-1217588/