Worse than Watergate

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Worse than Watergate

Post by Walker »

Clinton campaign paid to 'infiltrate' Trump Tower, White House servers to link Trump to Russia: Durham
https://news.yahoo.com/clinton-campaign ... 07582.html

“Lawyers for the Clinton campaign paid a technology company to "infiltrate" servers belonging to Trump Tower, and later the White House, in order to establish an "inference" and "narrative" to bring to government agencies linking Donald Trump to Russia, a filing from Special Counsel John Durham says.”

Comment: Worse than Watergate, although the media will not give it the Watergate treatment, and in the propaganda world, media attention determines importance.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Worse than Watergate

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It's laughable now when you think about the fuss that was made over the so-called 'Watergate affair'. I mean, seriously, the way people refer to it in hushed tones, as if mass murder had been committed? 'Deep Throat'?? Wasn't that just a tad overly dramatic? In the scale of vile things that politicians do as a matter of course, eavesdropping on a conversation that will probably be of no real use to you anyway doesn't even register. As a child at the time, I kept hearing about some 'tapes'. It was all anyone seemed to be talking about. In my logical child's mind I was genuinely baffled by all the fuss (children are so much more sensible than adults). Was there even a whimper over the My lai massacre, and Reagan's subsequent 'pardoning' of the kunt who led the massacre? I doubt it.
As for Clinton. Wow, some woman gave a man in power a blow job. How astonishing. Stop the presses! Americans are fine with slaughtering civilians in the millions and leaving their countries in ruins, but when it comes to a blow job they explode in a fury of righteous indignatiion. Humans and their priorities are something else...
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Analysis of "Internet traffic" to construct a possible narrative; is not the same as breaking and entering a private suit at the Watergate Hotel to spy directly on the Democrat's election strategy.

What, exactly is supposed to be illegal here?

If Trump was stupid enough to use the Internet and Russian help to cheat on the election, then he deserves getting spied on
Last edited by Sculptor on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:24 pm Clinton campaign paid to 'infiltrate' Trump Tower, White House servers to link Trump to Russia: Durham
https://news.yahoo.com/clinton-campaign ... 07582.html

“Lawyers for the Clinton campaign paid a technology company to "infiltrate" servers belonging to Trump Tower, and later the White House, in order to establish an "inference" and "narrative" to bring to government agencies linking Donald Trump to Russia, a filing from Special Counsel John Durham says.”

Comment: Worse than Watergate, although the media will not give it the Watergate treatment, and in the propaganda world, media attention determines importance.
They don't really know what you're talking about, W. The news is too new, and far too shocking for them to imagine.

They're still running a story in their heads where somehow, Trump has to turn out to be the villain, the cause of every problem, and the Clintons never did anything else but the Lewinski scandal. They can't imagine it's as bad as you say it is, and you sound like another conspiracy theorist.

It will take several days for them to catch up, even if the press allows the news to break -- which is really improbable, actually. They've managed to bury Hunter Biden and the China collusion...they're bound to try to bury this, too.

Good luck.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:46 pm It's laughable now when you think about the fuss that was made over the so-called 'Watergate affair'. I mean, seriously, the way people refer to it in hushed tones, as if mass murder had been committed? 'Deep Throat'?? Wasn't that just a tad overly dramatic? In the scale of vile things that politicians do as a matter of course, eavesdropping on a conversation that will probably be of no real use to you anyway doesn't even register. As a child at the time, I kept hearing about some 'tapes'. It was all anyone seemed to be talking about. In my logical child's mind I was genuinely baffled by all the fuss (children are so much more sensible than adults).
And far more logical than adults as well.

As I have been saying young children are Truly INTELLIGENT beings. And, the 'older' human beings get the MORE STUPID they can become, as CLEARLY EVIDENCED and PROVED True throughout the last few millennia of human history.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:46 pm Was there even a whimper over the My lai massacre, and Reagan's subsequent 'pardoning' of the kunt who led the massacre? I doubt it.
As for Clinton. Wow, some woman gave a man in power a blow job. How astonishing. Stop the presses! Americans are fine with slaughtering civilians in the millions and leaving their countries in ruins, but when it comes to a blow job they explode in a fury of righteous indignatiion. Humans and their priorities are something else...
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:39 pm They don't really know what you're talking about, W. The news is too new, and far too shocking for them to imagine.
History is being written right before our eyes, and everyone has access to the same information. What an opportunity to learn and then dang it, all that learning goes poof, which is the ultimate irony. It’s enough to make folks sit still, with maybe a bit of rocking.

Worse than Watergate because of:

- what was actually done
- the high levels of corruption required for it to be done
- the breadth and depth of corruption for it to be done
- how the corruption was done
- why the corruption was done
- the powerful roles of the people involved in the doing of the corruption, from inception to wet work.

What's corrupted are the checks and balances to prevent corruption, that are being ignored.
The weakness of the system is that fidelity to the system is required from the individuals who are instead corrupting the system.

Side-bar:

Are the failures of Marxism due to corruption of the system, or to a corrupt system?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:13 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:39 pm They don't really know what you're talking about, W. The news is too new, and far too shocking for them to imagine.
History is being written right before our eyes, and everyone has access to the same information. What an opportunity to learn and then dang it, all that learning goes poof, which is the ultimate irony. It’s enough to make folks sit still, with maybe a bit of rocking.

- what was actually done
- the powerful roles of the people involved in the doing of the corruption, from inception to wet work.

What's corrupted are the checks and balances to prevent corruption, that are being ignored.
The weakness of the system is that fidelity to the system is required from the individuals who are instead corrupting the system.

Side-bar:

Are the failures of Marxism due to corruption of the system, or to a corrupt system?
Do you ever whine about anything that the Republican side does? (Asking for a friend).
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:13 am
History is being written right before our eyes, and everyone has access to the same information.
Not really. I mean, in theory, yes; but in actuality, no.

And that's because the Left is committed to believing the narratives that are permitted and shaped by the legacy media. And the legacy media are in a death-spiral of corruption. So all they know is what they hear on CNN, or NBC, or CBC, or the Beeb. They trust, and they want to keep trusting, that only whatever is allowed to get on one of those sources can possibly be news. And they refuse to imagine that anything so big and long-lasting as the major media can possibly be lying now. They didn't notice any change (because it was gradual), so they assume there WAS none.

So yes, this case is definitely much worse that Watergate. The hard facts clearly bear out that assessment. But Watergate undermined a Republican, so it has been canonized into Leftist legendarium and memorialized by the press. But when a story undermines Democrat credibility, it's buried immediately. "Nothing to see here, folks."

So you're right; but I don't like your chances of being heard anyway. We don't live in an age of information so much as we live in an age of informational-cacophony and obscurantism.
Or are they inherent, since Marxism always fails, and fails horribly?

I think the answer is rather this: the failure is in mankind. Any time mankind tries to create an ideal political system, be it ideal monarchy, ideal Marxism, or some other such edifice, the sinfulness of human beings corrupts it. In something like a constitutional democracy, it takes longer, due to the checks on power in the system: in a totalitarian-style "ideal," like Marxism always becomes, it happens much faster. But it always happens.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Washington Post, New York Times should give back their Pulitzers for Russia-Trump ‘reporting’
https://nypost.com/2022/02/14/washingto ... reporting/

“Their Pulitzer awards say the papers “dramatically furthered the nation’s understanding of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and its connections to the Trump campaign.” Now everyone knows they only “dramatically furthered” a smear.”

I'm curious to see how The Left will try and turn this to advantage and blame everything on Republicans.

- One tactic is to simply keep repeating the lies, as if the Durham investigation never happened.
- Another is to smear Durham.
- Another is downplay the significance of the truth.
- Start using the word "alleged," in every sentence about the Clinton, and The Party, corruption.

- Another is to start a distraction war* ...

* Or whatever it is that The Left calls war these days ... hotspot, incursion, incident, occupation, etc.
mickthinks

No Comparison to Watergate

Post by mickthinks »

Trump and his Trumpers are getting hysterical because ... well, I guess that's about to be come very clear to everyone.

- what was actually done
No, no comparison. Oh wait, you mean what Trump, Fox etc told you was done!

: No, no comparison. Oh wait, you mean what Trump, Fox etc told you was done ...

: No, no comparison. Oh wait, you mean what Trump, Fox etc told you was done ...

You're a patsy for every bit of right-wing misinformation, Walker.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy

The POINT is, that when the Republicans do something obnoxious you and your little band of religious nuts don't give a flying rat's turd. At least show a PRETENCE of being even a teensy bit objective and impartial FOR FUCK SAKE.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:46 am
No, my point is everyone is kvetchin' about what talkin' heads on tv, on-line, and in the papers are sayin' about the court filing.

I posted a link to the actual court filing.

I wasn't respondin' to you.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:54 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:46 am
No, my point is everyone is kvetchin' about what talkin' heads on tv, on-line, and in the papers are sayin' about the court filing.

I posted a link to the actual court filing.

I wasn't respondin' to you.
Didn't even bother to read it. Who cares what one-eyed religious fuckturds have to say about anything?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:34 am
good on you

👍