Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Ukraine Crisis

Post by Gary Childress »

Dear philosophers, please read the brief interview below from lifelong US political activist and dissident Noam Chomsky. Is the US pursuing an antiquated foreign policy based on Cold War strategy and concerns? Should we leave Ukraine a neutral country? After what happened to Russia in two world wars in the previous century is Russia "justified" in feeling threatened by Ukraine potentially joining NATO? Should we allow Russia/Putin to have some breathing room as it were--by making Ukraine a neutral state--so that Russia doesn't feel threatened from the West? Is it OK to make concessions to avoid stoking the flames of a potential conflict between two nuclear-armed states?

https://chomsky.info/20211223/

What are your thoughts?
trokanmariel

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by trokanmariel »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:02 pm Dear philosophers, please read the brief interview below from lifelong US political activist and dissident Noam Chomsky. Is the US pursuing an antiquated foreign policy based on Cold War strategy and concerns? Should we leave Ukraine a neutral country? After what happened to Russia in two world wars in the previous century is Russia "justified" in feeling threatened by Ukraine potentially joining NATO? Should we allow Russia/Putin to have some breathing room as it were--by making Ukraine a neutral state--so that Russia doesn't feel threatened from the West? Is it OK to make concessions to avoid stoking the flames of a potential conflict between two nuclear-armed states?

https://chomsky.info/20211223/

What are your thoughts?
After reading some, of Chomsky's interview, I'm of the disposition:

Chomsky is an academic, but he espouses fiction. The problem, is that the umbrella of politics serves his espousal.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I liked Putin much better when he was trying to be a man by wrestling bears and riding around shirtless on horses and four wheelers.

But this business with the Ukraine. Well this is just silly.

Don't they have a 'Remaining Men Together' support group in Russia?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:30 pm I liked Putin much better when he was trying to be a man by wrestling bears and riding around shirtless on horses and four wheelers.

But this business with the Ukraine. Well this is just silly.

Don't they have a 'Remaining Men Together' support group in Russia?
These publicity stunts made him look ridiculous. I wonder if they went down well with Russians. He is a bad man with too much ambition.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

if certain folks here in the states weren't desperate to turn attention away from their own failings, ukraine wouldn't be in the news: it's all misdirection and diversion...well, gee, we sure screwed things up here at home! let's scare the citizens with the threat of sendin' their sons and daughters off to war! we'll get their attention focused over there while we mop up the mess we made here
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:29 pm if certain folks here in the states weren't desperate to turn attention away from their own failings, ukraine wouldn't be in the news: it's all misdirection and diversion...well, gee, we sure screwed things up here at home! let's scare the citizens with the threat of sendin' their sons and daughters off to war! we'll get their attention focused over there while we mop up the mess we made here
Exactly right. The first ruse of every failed domestic despot is to start an overseas war.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Why would the US give a flying rat's arse about Ukrainians? Humans are screwing with each other all over the planet. It's what humans do.

Creating a war in someone else's country is always a really good way to protect ordinary people :roll:

The US is just annoyed that China managed to fuck up the world first and it wants to go one better (start a nuclear war). Typical male dick-waving.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Chomsky is getting really old. Public intellectuals and thinkers are dying off, and the ones who aren't dead are being silenced by puritanical morons. There's no one to replace them because young people now are all narcissistic, brain-washed, PC zombies who live on social media.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I cannot express how excited I am about the Russia/Ukraine fiasco now that it seems to be firing back up. This might be the one, kids. I just hope that clown Putin isn't just flexing.

So in the event that WW3 begins, my wolverines and I will make our way to the middle Appalachian mountain range in north America. If any of you seek refuge, protection, equipment or just a hot meal, follow the grafitti with the egoist-anarchist flag (green and black), and we will meet you at one of our pre-established checkpoints.

Note to capitalists, wanna-be capitalists, capitalist cheerleaders, conservatives and the religious; you are not welcome. If we see you, we will shoot you on sight.

Alright Pootin... let's see what you got. You betterfuckin not be bluffing again you ugly slavic neanderthal sloped foreheaded lookin sonofabitch.
Last edited by promethean75 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Putin_Donald_Trump_Shirtless.jpg
Putin_Donald_Trump_Shirtless.jpg (40.93 KiB) Viewed 5552 times

Putin: Lenin never rode shirtless on a wild stallion, did he? Huh? HUH?!

Trump: Relax, you're doing a tremendous, tremendous job, Vladimir.

Putin: Is that a granola bar poking me in the butt, Don?

Trump: No I already ate that granola bar.

*awkward silence*
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Is this asshole gonna say the word or what? The soldiers'll be collecting social security in a fuckin retirement home by the time he does. I swear to god.

Post by Age »

Is there an actual 'crisis', besides the imagined one the profit-geared media is wanting you to BELIEVE is true?

If yes, then what is the ACTUAL 'crisis' here, EXACTLY?

If NO one explains what the ACTUAL 'crisis' IS, EXACTLY, then is there REALLY a 'crisis' here, or is this, alleged, 'crisis' just been implanted into your OWN IMAGINATION only?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

That which knows it lives will die. But that which does not know it lives will never die.

Find the pole that supports all the others - remove that one - and the whole tent collapses.

Pole: An I shaped object.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Is there an actual 'crisis', besides the imagined one the profit-geared media * is wanting you to BELIEVE is true?

Nope.

*and incompetent government
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

How can a single man with such a small chin and an almost perfectly round head, have the whole world on the edge of its seat?

If this fuckin guy doesn't do sumthin and do it soon, I've got the good nerve to call him myself and straighten shit out ova there.