Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by Gary Childress »

Dubious wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:06 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:33 am
Dubious wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:25 am

Quite true! The problem is it's the human being who questions how human other human beings are. When any group is considered an enemy, the dehumanization process begins.
Yes. I have realized that now. I have made a lot of mistakes in life. But it's worth it to learn from mistakes. It's also worth it to heal the sick and the hurting. We must divert our resources from weapons to technology and knowledge that will heal. It is time to heal. Healing includes healing the Earth and all life on it. We must make progress in that direction, somehow. Unfortunately, not everyone knows what to do or why to do it. It's not their fault and it's not the fault of God. But we need to do what is right.
I agree fully but unfortunately all these wished-for necessities sound more utopian than real...especially now! :(

I hardly ever do this but since I know you like poetry, I wrote this a very long time ago called a Short Essay on Man as compared to Alexander Pope's very long one. I don't claim to be a poet because I've hardly ever written any, no desire to really! Here it is anyway since it pertains, I think, to your post...

Consider all that must conspire
to create the creature God called man
in pagan preludes of desire
rippling the void in a moment’s span.

Is it man or homunculus
that grows upon the deed
or a guru god who comes to us
to serve the world’s need?

To think on how it all began
when first his foot had felt the earth
concluding in its fatal plan
to plunder that which caused his birth.

What shall be deeded by his tenure
wanting power but wisdom none
for one would negate the other
and force the balance he seeks to shun.

By its justice reigns salvation,
the El Dorado of the soul;
may it's plunder heap damnation
to all unhosted of that goal.

The devil who's seen his graceless rule
staged and looped since time began
knows himself not half so cruel
as the sixth day wonder God called man.

But still he prays to receive from yonder,
quarantined in light and unpolluted
a message for his mind to ponder
yearning to be reconstituted.

What does it mean to be a master
in the hemlock realms of scorched infinity?
no gods of creation or disaster
but stranger modulations of divinity.

By what excess must thought advance
to recoil the coronal fires of the brain
and deed itself that mighty glance
peering past portals from whence the spirit came.

Its truant shards must not lie fallow
as remembrance flows to other realms
and brand despair a thing most shallow
flayed in the light which overwhelms.

But what followed the creation
of the lesser angel man?
No tragedy before or after
only a farce that long began.
I'm not a "poet" either. I've just written some poetry here and there. That's all. I don't know what great poetry is but I'm sure yours is based on what you've seen and felt. I don't know what that is and I'm not very good at reading poetry. All I know right now is that we need to take things slow and easy.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:15 am

I'm not a "poet" either. I've just written some poetry here and there. That's all. I don't know what great poetry is but I'm sure yours is based on what you've seen and felt. I don't know what that is and I'm not very good at reading poetry. All I know right now is that we need to take things slow and easy.
Good enough. From your past posts I always thought you liked poetry which to me also implies reading it. That you're not very good at reading poetry is news to me. Comprehension wise it's not so different from reading philosophy especially when reading someone like Matthew Arnold or Shelley. Great music can also be highly philosophical but what would anyone know about that here!

Whatever! As I mentioned to AJ a few time, whatever turns you on...or not!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dubious wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:01 am

Good enough. From your past posts I always thought you liked poetry which to me also implies reading it. That you're not very good at reading poetry is news to me. Comprehension wise it's not so different from reading philosophy especially when reading someone like Matthew Arnold or Shelley. Great music can also be highly philosophical but what would anyone know about that here!

Fair enough. Do me a favor and just cut AJ some slack. If you want me to leave the forum, I'll do what you want.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:16 amIf Russia absolutely needs to annex Ukraine to achieve some purpose, then for what purpose is it? I think I know what purpose it is. But it's not worth it AJ. You and I have to take a back seat to the younger generations and let them move forward. You and I are fading. That doesn't mean we have to go destroy ourselves in an act of violence. It just means you and I have to tend to the wounds we have received in our lives. There are a lot of things I didn't get either. But it's not the end of the world. There are still things out there to do. There are still services that you and I can provide to the younger generation. We are not dinosaurs. We are human beings.
You’ve gone round the bend, Old Boy. This is a nut-level discussion and I don’t take it seriously.

My impression and my last comment here: This war was largely created by the US. It seems to me a pretty tragic sacrifice that Ukraine become the slaughtered pawn in a larger conflict. But my understanding of this conflict is entirely sketchy. So I look at it through a glass and very darkly.

However, Ukraine will not win (my theory got from various sources). And how the US manages the loss when it has been saying that Ukraine was winning, and how this will play out in the election cycle, is anyone’s guess.

What this means for America’s global position is also up in the air.

Ciao pescao ….
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:36 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:16 amIf Russia absolutely needs to annex Ukraine to achieve some purpose, then for what purpose is it? I think I know what purpose it is. But it's not worth it AJ. You and I have to take a back seat to the younger generations and let them move forward. You and I are fading. That doesn't mean we have to go destroy ourselves in an act of violence. It just means you and I have to tend to the wounds we have received in our lives. There are a lot of things I didn't get either. But it's not the end of the world. There are still things out there to do. There are still services that you and I can provide to the younger generation. We are not dinosaurs. We are human beings.
You’ve gone round the bend, Old Boy. This is a nut-level discussion and I don’t take it seriously.

My impression and my last comment here: This war was largely created by the US. It seems to me a pretty tragic sacrifice that Ukraine become the slaughtered pawn in a larger conflict. But my understanding of this conflict is entirely sketchy. So I look at it through a glass and very darkly.

However, Ukraine will not win (my theory got from various sources). And how the US manages the loss when it has been saying that Ukraine was winning, and how this will play out in the election cycle, is anyone’s guess.

What this means for America’s global position is also up in the air.

Ciao pescao ….
It's better for us to lose and keep a world. If Ukraine means that much to you, then it's better to give you what you want than take the world into the abyss. What other choice do we have?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:36 am My impression and my last comment here:
AJ, get back here. We're all in this now. We need to know what is going on. You need to know what is going on and I need to know what is going on.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:09 am

Fair enough. Do me a favor and just cut AJ some slack. If you want me to leave the forum, I'll do what you want.
I have no idea what you're talking about; whether you leave the forum or not doesn't concern me and I'm very sure AJ isn't in the least intimidated by anything I say.

Communicating with you is getting really weird!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dubious wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:14 am

I have no idea what you're talking about; whether you leave the forum or not doesn't concern me and I'm very sure AJ isn't in the least intimidated by anything I say.

Yes. I know it is. I'm sorry I can't be anything but "weird" right now. I can only go off of what I see and hear in the news. I see plenty of talk of WWIII. It's better to give in to the demands of whoever is running Russia right now than to flirt with WWIII. If we have to take a loss, then so be it. If Putin is deluded or else misinformed, then there's nothing we can do to change his mind.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:46 am
It's better for us to lose and keep a world. If Ukraine means that much to you, then it's better to give you what you want than take the world into the abyss. What other choice do we have?
To give in is the coward's way out. Instead force it to its conclusion because however that turns out the other side is equally affected and they know it. This is not the time to be timid but dangerous without being uncompromising. It was Putin who started this war; that was his choice and now you ask What other choice do WE have?, meaning what other choice do we have but wave the white flag! That's the epitome of cowardice especially when the perpetrator is a Hun nation with a Hun leader.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dubious wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:40 am
To give in is the coward's way out. Instead force it to its conclusion because however that turns out the other side is equally affected and they know it. This is not the time to be timid but dangerous without being uncompromising. It was Putin who started this war; that was his choice and now you ask What other choice do WE have?, meaning what other choice do we have but wave the white flag! That's the epitome of cowardice especially when the perpetrator is a Hun nation with a Hun leader.
No, to give in shows one cares about humanity. If the world is headed toward WWIII as I see talk of, then it's not important to be courageous, only to do what is the right thing to do for all. If Putin is deluded or misinformed then he will not give in. Someone in Russia wants Ukraine at all possible costs. That is clear to me. What is going on? We all need to know the truth. If WWIII is in the cards, then ALL of humanity needs to know the truth and we need to put a stop to it.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:47 am
No, to give in shows one cares about humanity. If the world is headed toward WWIII as I see talk of, then it's not important to be courageous, only to do what is the right thing to do for all. If Putin is deluded or misinformed then he will not give in. Someone in Russia wants Ukraine at all possible costs. That is clear to me. What is going on? We all need to know the truth. If WWIII is in the cards, then ALL of humanity needs to know the truth and we need to put a stop to it.
What 'truth' are you seeking here, EXACTLY?

"putin" is just 'trying to' STOP the OVERTAKING of what WAS 'a part of russia', and which WAS actually 'the VERY CENTRAL and STARTING PART of russia'.

What is wrong with 'that'?

Would you EXPECT the so-called "leader" of say a country like the 'united states of america', for example, to just STAND BACK and ALLOW OTHER 'countries' to continually move CLOSER and TAKE OVER parts of 'america' or 'united states of america' that WERE A PART of those places?

Have you EVER considered LOOKING AT, and/or FURTHER INTO, OTHER 'things' than just what the 'news sources', in the TINY parcel of land that you are existing or living on, FEED you?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

God! This is about as stupid and naive as it can get. Giving in to the likes of Putin will only encourage him to go for his next objective, likely the Baltic States as a beginning, in an effort to resurrect some semblance of the former Soviet Union. Weakness creates a vacuum; each time you give in the weaker you become to be thoroughly taken advantage of. So how often are you willing to submit before possibly most of Europe is lost not to mention China invading Taiwan well aware that the West has lost.

You are incredibly naive! Do you really believe that if the truth were made public, nothing hidden, that people would believe it with so many conspiracy nuts around? Since when has humanity succumbed to the truth when each side believes that god and right is on their side? The leaders of nations, especially the tyrannical type, don't give a crap for humanity their primary objective being power and power only to which a large portion of humanity can be sacrificed especially if it's the other side!
Last edited by Dubious on Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:20 am
Dubious wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:14 am

Yes. I know it is. I'm sorry I can't be anything but "weird" right now. I can only go off of what I see and hear in the news. I see plenty of talk of WWIII. It's better to give in to the demands of whoever is running Russia right now than to flirt with WWIII. If we have to take a loss, then so be it. If Putin is deluded or else misinformed, then there's nothing we can do to change his mind.
one does NOT need to be deluded NOR misinformed to NOT be ABLE TO CHANGE the way they think. one just needs to HAVE or HOLD A BELIEF in order to NOT BEING ABLE TO CHANGE the way they think.

Also, WHY do 'you', adult human beings, WANT to CHANGE the way "other's" think?

How about WANTING TO CHANGE the way that 'you', PERSONALLY and INDIVIDUALLY, think, INSTEAD?

Or, do you BELIEVE that your OWN thinking does NOT need CHANGING?

Which, by the way, was a VERY COMMON PRESUMPTION made by adult human beings, back in the days when this was being written.

Post by Age »

Dubious wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:18 am

God! This is about as stupid and naive as it can get. Giving in to the likes of Putin will only encourage him to go for his next objective, likely the Baltic States as a beginning, in an effort to resurrect some semblance of the former Soviet Union. Weakness creates a vacuum; each time you give in the weaker you become to be thoroughly taken advantage of. So how often are you willing to submit before possibly most of Europe is lost not to mention China invading Taiwan well aware that the West has lost.
As can be CLEARLY SEEN here, these adult human beings ACTUALLY thought and/or BELIEVED that there WAS some 'thing' to be 'won' and 'lost' here.

That is HOW Truly DELUDED 'they' REALLY WERE, back then.
Dubious wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:18 am You are incredibly naive! Do you really believe that if the truth were made public, nothing hidden, that people would believe it with so many conspiracy nuts around? Since when has humanity succumbed to the truth when each side believes that god and right is on their side? The leaders of nations, especially the tyrannical type, don't give a crap for humanity their primary objective being power and power only to which a large portion of humanity can be sacrificed.
And the people in the country who BELIEVE that 'they' HAVE THE POWER OVER the rest of the world are the people in the country that WAS known as 'the united states of america'. 'them', and 'their allies', ACTUALLY BELIEVED that 'they' WERE the MOST POWERFUL country/force, BUT YET WERE the MOST SCARED and MOST FEARFUL here, as can be CLEARLY SEEN here, ONCE AGAIN.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:17 am

What 'truth' are you seeking here, EXACTLY?

"putin" is just 'trying to' STOP the OVERTAKING of what WAS 'a part of russia', and which WAS actually 'the VERY CENTRAL and STARTING PART of russia'.

What is wrong with 'that'?

Would you EXPECT the so-called "leader" of say a country like the 'united states of america', for example, to just STAND BACK and ALLOW OTHER 'countries' to continually move CLOSER and TAKE OVER parts of 'america' or 'united states of america' that WERE A PART of those places?

Have you EVER considered LOOKING AT, and/or FURTHER INTO, OTHER 'things' than just what the 'news sources', in the TINY parcel of land that you are existing or living on, FEED you?
I only know what I see. If WWIII is in the cards, then it's better to avert it, even if it requires giving ground. That's all I'm saying. But do what you must. I'm out. I'm no longer capable of talking to others. If I don't have the right information, then I can't make a reasonable decision. I've seen more than I want to. No one in the world knows what they are doing right now as far as I can tell. If WWIII is on the table then I'm out. That's all I'm saying. If you want me in, then you'll do whatever is right to save the world from WWIII. I don't know if there's a God or not, but I will trust you to do the right thing.