Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by popeye1945 »

Agent Smith wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:55 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:50 am
Agent Smith wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:26 am Ucrane is in trouble. So is Russia.
Do expand!
😄
Very insightful!!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"The Ukraine crisis is American-made"

better to say capitalist-made becuz the vast majority of Americans are working class and have nothing to do with that shit. these wars are waged by a class of people... the politicans and capitalists.

if the Ukrainian and Russian soldiers had any sense they'd form a revolutionary army, execute putin, seize control of both country's governments and reorganize everything.

This will never happen tho becuz they don't have a leader, and there's no way Ukraine would let me in becuz I'm a felon... so they're on their own.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Read, AMERICAN EMPIRE. The power elite to be sure is running the show, but their crimes are committed in the name of the people of America.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

So all u gotta do is kill a muhfucka in the name of somebody else and that person will be to blame?

p.s. I can't read anymore. My modern consumerist lifestyle involves being subjected to vast amounts of fast paced digital media sensory overload such that my attention span is severely

Hey I wonder why we can't just give the Ukrainians some of the old MiGs we got stashed that we'll never use. The real reason is that Biden and the crew are afraid that givin em jets'll step the war up and give Putin an excuse to start dumpin hard on em.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:48 am So all u gotta do is kill a muhfucka in the name of somebody else and that person will be to blame?

p.s. I can't read anymore. My modern consumerist lifestyle involves being subjected to vast amounts of fast paced digital media sensory overload such that my attention span is severely

Hey I wonder why we can't just give the Ukrainians some of the old MiGs we got stashed that we'll never use. The real reason is that Biden and the crew are afraid that givin em jets'll step the war up and give Putin an excuse to start dumpin hard on em.
Something like that!! --- lol!!
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

"The downing of an American surveillance drone after it was struck by a Russian warplane was the first known physical contact between the two militaries since the war in Ukraine began." new york times

Again, what if this conflict is less about Russia vs. the West and more about Putin vs. Biden?

Nations may go to war, but it is the flesh and blood presidents that will give the actual orders.

And with these two, how can one not but weep for the future?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

The answer to US aggression against Russia is, the BRIC; the American empire is shaken.

Brazil, Russia, India and China and growing by leaps and bounds, country after country.

A brutal master's time has come! Time to re-think world domination.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:02 pm The answer to US aggression against Russia is, the BRIC; the American empire is shaken.

Brazil, Russia, India and China and growing by leaps and bounds, country after country.

You sound delighted. It appears like it could perhaps be a 'game changer'. Perhaps it's 'check mate' for the architects of Western power. Again (perhaps because I am from a Western country) I can't say I'm not without my concerns for the future, especially if it ends up giving authoritarian countries like Russia and China the reigns of global power. I'd like to think that there's something about relative democracy that means something in this world. However, in this day and age, it's better to go down without using military might than it is using it.

In any case, I'm surprised to see a Canadian seemingly celebrating the prospect. Without US taxpayers footing the bill for the defense of Western nations, you're all going to have to pay for your own defense from there forward.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:46 am
Is it not America, and not the rest of the World, that wants to dominate the rest of the World? dictating to the World from a privileged position of, the Moneyed.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:37 pm
Is it not America, and not the rest of the World, that wants to dominate the rest of the World? dictating to the World from a privileged position of, the Moneyed.
I'm pretty sure the monied interests of most of the major nations we closely associate with (especially those in Europe) are probably pretty autonomous and in agreement with much of what we do. I would be surprised if it was a global conspiracy entirely operated and devised solely by US leaders alone as entirely separate from others. Certainly, we have intervened in many cases unilaterally, however, since most of the countries under our aegis don't have strong militaries, that's probably to be expected. In the fight against "communism" I'm pretty sure a lot of players in most of the capitalist countries are in agreement on suppressing it. US taxpayers have in fact subsidized the economies of the nations we protect by affording them the ability to concentrate more of their resources on consumer production. We're the strongman, but we're not necessarily the boss too. I mean, the US President has executive powers to get us into wars that the American people have little interest becoming involved in. For all we know he maybe has a buddy in some country somewhere who is asking him to lend a hand suppressing opposition. That's how friendships can work (especially in the Mafia of course). However, we have pretty much depleted our own country in the process of providing protection for others. Our infrastructure is falling apart and there are places in the US that resemble third world countries. Being the strongman comes with its drawbacks also.

Personally, my hope is that humanity can get beyond factionalism and conflict and form more cooperative universalist bonds. Not sure how to accomplish that but that's for brighter 'architects' to solve.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:02 pm The answer to US aggression against Russia is, the BRIC; the American empire is shaken.

You sound delighted. It appears like it could perhaps be a 'game changer'. Perhaps it's 'check mate' for the architects of Western power. Again (perhaps because I am from a Western country) I can't say I'm not without my concerns for the future, especially if it ends up giving authoritarian countries like Russia and China the reigns of global power. I'd like to think that there's something about relative democracy that means something in this world. However, in this day and age, it's better to go down without using military might than it is using it.

In any case, I'm surprised to see a Canadian seemingly celebrating the prospect. Without US taxpayers footing the bill for the defense of Western nations, you're all going to have to pay for your own defense from there forward.
What makes you think you live in a democracy, that horse left the barn ages ago. Your argument for supporting evil is lame, Canadians should support evil out of fear. The American empire is crumbling and if Canadians stick with America they will crumble too.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:26 am

What makes you think you live in a democracy, that horse left the barn ages ago. Your argument for supporting evil is lame, Canadians should support evil out of fear. The American empire is crumbling and if Canadians stick with America they will crumble too.
There is no "good" vs. "evil". There are only human beings doing what humans do and have done since the dawn of civilization. Your views are too simpleminded. "Destroy evil in order to be good". The world is much more complicated than that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:02 pm There is no "good" vs. "evil". There are only human beings doing what humans do and have done since the dawn of civilization. Your views are too simpleminded. "Destroy evil in order to be good". The world is much more complicated than that.
Understood. :lol:

Sure it is. That’s why you blame the God you deny for everything you don’t like, from personal problems to natural disasters to international conflicts. :roll:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:33 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:02 pm There is no "good" vs. "evil". There are only human beings doing what humans do and have done since the dawn of civilization. Your views are too simpleminded. "Destroy evil in order to be good". The world is much more complicated than that.

Sure it is. That’s why you blame the God you deny for everything you don’t like, from personal problems to natural disasters to international conflicts. :roll:
You're vane.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:48 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:33 pm

You're vane.
You're simple minded, God-blamer.