Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by Gary Childress »

iambiguous wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:17 pm 'Mr. Biden is resisting, in part because he is convinced that over the past seven months, he has successfully signaled to Mr. Putin that he does not want a broader war with the Russians — he just wants them to get out of Ukraine.
That sounds on target to me on the part of the Biden administration. Seems to make sense. Good for the Biden administration on that account.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:19 am
iambiguous wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:17 pm 'Mr. Biden is resisting, in part because he is convinced that over the past seven months, he has successfully signaled to Mr. Putin that he does not want a broader war with the Russians — he just wants them to get out of Ukraine.
That sounds on target to me on the part of the Biden administration. Seems to make sense. Good for the Biden administration on that account.
How would Biden feel about a Russian presence on its border with Canada? Aggression is aggression propaganda can paint it over but it is the American empire that is the aggressor. This asshole American empire puts the whole globe in jeopardy.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:45 am
How would Biden feel about a Russian presence on its border with Canada? Aggression is aggression propaganda can paint it over but it is the American empire that is the aggressor. This asshole American empire puts the whole globe in jeopardy.
So what is your solution to all this, Russia capturing Ukraine? I mean, what do you want in terms of concrete action?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

As far as aggression being aggression, do you think that Putin's invasion of Ukraine counts as Russian aggression? Yes or no? Simple question.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:16 am

So what is your solution to all this, Russia capturing Ukraine? I mean, what do you want in terms of concrete action?
Gary,

The solution is that Ukraine remains an independent state and not a puppet of the American empire on the border of Russian. It would be quite insane if Russia did not protect is own sovereignty against the American empire. One must understand that a country with the most powerful and consent war economy needs war, America has always found war profitable. World domination is its goal and just as a statement of fact, it has China surrounded with its military bases and works a defining China as its enemy. This, however, is backfiring a union between Russia and China would prove more powerful than the America empire and America is leaving them no alternative. America globally has not been a kind master, but it constantly accuses others of its own wretched behaviors.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:38 am

As far as aggression being aggression, do you think that Putin's invasion of Ukraine counts as Russian aggression? Yes or no? Simple question.
Gary,
NO, I do not think on an individual level you would deny an individual the right to protect himself if assaulted or threatened with assault same idea here.
So, If you choose to call defense unjustified aggression no one can stop you. People need a little knowledge of the U.S.A 's history of imperialist aggression and then ask, what is Russia reacting to.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:59 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:38 am

Gary,
NO, I do not think on an individual level you would deny an individual the right to protect himself if assaulted or threatened with assault same idea here.
So, If you choose to call defense unjustified aggression no one can stop you. People need a little knowledge of the U.S.A 's history of imperialist aggression and then ask, what is Russia reacting to.
OK. So if Canada became an ally of Russia, you would approve of a US invasion, no?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:50 am

Gary,

The solution is that Ukraine remains an independent state and not a puppet of the American empire on the border of Russian. It would be quite insane if Russia did not protect is own sovereignty against the American empire. One must understand that a country with the most powerful and consent war economy needs war, America has always found war profitable. World domination is its goal and just as a statement of fact, it has China surrounded with its military bases and works a defining China as its enemy. This, however, is backfiring a union between Russia and China would prove more powerful than the America empire and America is leaving them no alternative. America globally has not been a kind master, but it constantly accuses others of its own wretched behaviors.
Ukraine was an independent state when Russia invaded. And after Ukraine becomes a puppet of Russia, will Poland pose a threat? Will it need to be invaded too?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Gary,

Ukraine was an independent state when Russia invaded. And after Ukraine becomes a puppet of Russia, will Poland pose a threat? Will it need to be invaded too?

Ukraine is a puppet state doing the dying for the empire and the states will let it go on to the last Ukrainian. Poland has always been a problem for Russia as a number of times in its history it has been invaded through Poland so it is a security concern. America is on the decline it has used its power to exploit much of the world and has forced many, many countries including Russia and China into an alliance, and a new world order is forming as we speak.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Your subjectivity is showing.. ooh la la, missus.

Seriously tho.. I think there is talk of a ‘(re)solution’/‘way forward’. I hope so.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

MagsJ wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:56 pm

Seriously tho.. I think there is talk of a ‘(re)solution’/‘way forward’. I hope so.
OK. Fair enough. I guess Russia wins the hearts and minds of Philosophy Now. Nothing like a little city raizing to stir support. Apparently, the denunciation of American atrocities is all it takes to make one a saint. No thanks.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Gary,

Ukraine is a puppet state doing the dying for the empire and the states will let it go on to the last Ukrainian. Poland has always been a problem for Russia as a number of times in its history it has been invaded through Poland so it is a security concern. America is on the decline it has used its power to exploit much of the world and has forced many, many countries including Russia and China into an alliance, and a new world order is forming as we speak.
Of course. And Russia and China should never have given North Vietnam weaponry to defend themselves against American aggression? Good luck with the "new world order", hope you fare well in it. Best to learn Chinese apparently.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:10 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:19 am That sounds on target to me on the part of the Biden administration. Seems to make sense. Good for the Biden administration on that account.

OK. Fair enough. I guess Russia wins the hearts and minds of Philosophy Now. Nothing like a little city raizing to stir support. Apparently, the denunciation of American atrocities is all it takes to make one a saint. No thanks.
:roll:

..again.. in your subjective view.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

MagsJ wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:51 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:10 pm

:roll:

..again.. in your subjective view.
And your subjective view is objective, of course. :roll:
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:55 pm And your subjective view is objective, of course. :roll:
More-so than you, yes.. I’m not interested in whether we agree or whom you support, but that the situation gets resolved in a way that satisfies all parties involved.