Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by popeye1945 »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:57 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:44 am

Like it or not, the world is in better hands with the US than with Putin. Putin is much more autocratic and totalitarian. Not a good thing for the world at this point. The US pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Putin can do the same with Ukraine and save a lot of people some misery. If Putin conquers Ukraine it basically sends the signal that there is such a thing as gainful aggression.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At least half the world disagrees with you. and are not a big fan of the American empire, which in the past has not been a kind master.
The few Americans I have known would disapprove of the US sponsoring Israel in its aggression against Palestinians. One wonders if the reason for the sponsorship is numbers of influential Jews in the US. Do US Jews largely feel themselves to be Zionists?
One always runs the risk of being labeled anti-sematic when discussing Israel but one can understand that Israel is essential to fulfilling the Jewish statement, "Never Again," it is no secret that Israel is a powerful lobbyist in the United States. I know the United States as a dark force in the world and the fact that together Israel backed by the United States might be corrupted by that power is rather strikingly obvious. Palestinians have paid the bill for the guilt of the world in failing in its humanity towards the Jewish people during the Holocaust. Nietzsche's statement comes to mind, "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." Today it looks like the world's humanity is failing the Palestinian people. I believe that the majority of necessity, knowing the history of the Holocaust and the Jewish historical experience of oppression found Zionism the only avenue open to them. Having compassion for one people should not in that process deny compassion to another, the Jewish state needs to practice the compassion that humanity at large has failed to show them, historically speaking. That said, one needs to keep in mind that Palestinians from the beginning to the present day, refuse to accept the existence of Israel, has expressed that with suicide bombers and other means of violence, this is just history that cannot be ignored.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:21 pm You root for Ukraine as America's puppet if you are ok with a world totally ruled by America, that is the agenda!
Like it or not, the world is in better hands with the US than with Putin. Putin is much more autocratic and totalitarian. Not a good thing for the world at this point. The US pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Putin can do the same with Ukraine and save a lot of people some misery. If Putin conquers Ukraine it basically sends the signal that there is such a thing as gainful aggression.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At least half the world disagrees with you. and are not a big fan of the American empire, which in the past has not been a kind master.
If someone doesn't like the US that's understandable. After what the Bush family did to the world, I can't blame them. However, it's really little more than an ad hominem argument to say that Ukraine should lose because the US has done evil in the past. Aggression is aggression whether it's the US or Russia invading a country.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:23 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If someone doesn't like the US that's understandable. After what the Bush family did to the world, I can't blame them. However, it's really little more than an ad hominem argument to say that Ukraine should lose because the US has done evil in the past. Aggression is aggression whether it's the US or Russia invading a country.
Then you should think it righteous that Russia establishes a military base on the Canadian border directly across from Buffalo Newyork --yes!! Ukraine is a puppet of US aggression towards Russia, take the blinders off. Even on a civil level, an individual has the right to defend himself.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Age wrote:
What does, "fall internally, but still remain the superior country in terms of weaponry", even mean or refer to exactly?
Been on Twitter lately?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:28 pm

The few Americans I have known would disapprove of the US sponsoring Israel in its aggression against Palestinians. One wonders if the reason for the sponsorship is numbers of influential Jews in the US. Do US Jews largely feel themselves to be Zionists?
One always runs the risk of being labeled anti-sematic when discussing Israel but one can understand that Israel is essential to fulfilling the Jewish statement, "Never Again," it is no secret that Israel is a powerful lobbyist in the United States. I know the United States as a dark force in the world and the fact that together Israel backed by the United States might be corrupted by that power is rather strikingly obvious. Palestinians have paid the bill for the guilt of the world in failing in its humanity towards the Jewish people during the Holocaust. Nietzsche's statement comes to mind, "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." Today it looks like the world's humanity is failing the Palestinian people. I believe that the majority of necessity, knowing the history of the Holocaust and the Jewish historical experience of oppression found Zionism the only avenue open to them. Having compassion for one people should not in that process deny compassion to another, the Jewish state needs to practice the compassion that humanity at large has failed to show them, historically speaking. That said, one needs to keep in mind that Palestinians from the beginning to the present day, refuse to accept the existence of Israel, has expressed that with suicide bombers and other means of violence, this is just history that cannot be ignored.
Excellent discussion from Popeye.
I't's ironic that Jesus was a Palestinian.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Belinda, much thanks for the compliment.
Walker

Post by Walker »

At what cost Ukraine?

Estimates are $100 billion so far from the USA, with no end in sight.

How much help from Europe? Not much. A billion here, a billion there. Some in the millions.

What is Ukraine owed after being convinced to give up its Nukes?

Why does the US keep feeding this war? Why is there no accounting of the big bucks that could have done so much for US Citizens, veterans, homeless and destitute? What does the president of Ukraine know about specific US politicians?

Politicians who can be bought, weaken the country. Snap the fingers, print the public money.

Trump could not be bought.

This is why his presence is not to be tolerated.

At what cost, Ukraine?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:49 pm Excellent discussion from Popeye.
“Until the twentieth century, the name Palestine referred exclusively to the ancient land of the Jews, as did the name Judea, Judah, Zion and Israel. The Arabs who lived there were called Arabs, just as the Armedians, Turks, Druze and Cricassians who migrated into Palestine were still called Armenians, Turks, Druze and Circassians. With the exception of the Jews, who called the land “Eretz Israel” (the Land of Israel) and viewed it as their national home, all of those groups considered themselves to be living in “Southern Syria,” and never identified the land as a unique national homeland for themselves.”
- Benjamin Netanyahu
BIBI My Story © 2022

Mr. Netanyahu also explains the origins of the word Palestine, how the Romans changed the name, how the Muslims disappeared the name, and how Christian cartographers kept the name ... "alive in their own lands and bequeathed it to the Allied negotiators at the 1917 Versailles Peace Conference and then to its inhabitants, who adopted it once the British took control following World War I." - quoting Mr. Netanyahu, from the same source.
Last edited by Walker on Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Walker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:31 pm At what cost Ukraine?

Estimates are $100 billion so far from the USA, with no end in sight.
How much help from Europe? Not much. A billion here, a billion there. Some in the millions.
What is Ukraine owed after being convinced to give up its Nukes?
Why does the US keep feeding this war? Why is there no accounting of the big bucks that could have done so much for US Citizens, veterans, homeless and destitute? What does the president of Ukraine know about specific US politicians?
Politicians who can be bought weaken the country. Snap the fingers, print the public money.
Trump could not be bought.
This is why his presence is not to be tolerated.
At what cost, Ukraine?
Those running the United States really do not care whether there is a Democratic or Republican president. America is not a democracy and Trump is an example of just how moronic the American public is. The world is frightened at American power, and of the stupidity of the American citizen supporting that power. Fascism comes to America carrying a bible and wrapped in the American flag. You want to know how stupid they are, they made Trump the president of the United States of America-----LOL! Run Forest!!!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Oh my. You do live in a fantasy world.

- There was no trouble when Trump was president.
- You know the details.
- Trump is the greatest friend that Israel ever had.
- He was forging new alliances, until the Left stepped in.

He is one of the great American presidents because he brought the citizens of the US and allies peace and prosperity, and the allies benefited from the peace. Truly an outsider. Truly not a Leftist.

Now, there is trouble, and it's because of the Left.

The US is currently living under a dictator who legislates and spends from the executive branch, to extreme excess that corrupts the authority.

This is the real world Popeye, and I must remind you that you have yet to answer the crucial question. Did Wimpy ever pay up on Tuesday for the burger he borrowed on Saturday morning, when the little ones were watching cartoons?
Last edited by Walker on Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

One always runs the risk of being labeled anti-sematic when discussing Israel but one can understand that Israel is essential to fulfilling the Jewish statement, "Never Again," it is no secret that Israel is a powerful lobbyist in the United States. I know the United States as a dark force in the world and the fact that together Israel backed by the United States might be corrupted by that power is rather strikingly obvious. Palestinians have paid the bill for the guilt of the world in failing in its humanity towards the Jewish people during the Holocaust. Nietzsche's statement comes to mind, "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." Today it looks like the world's humanity is failing the Palestinian people. I believe that the majority of necessity, knowing the history of the Holocaust and the Jewish historical experience of oppression found Zionism the only avenue open to them. Having compassion for one people should not in that process deny compassion to another, the Jewish state needs to practice the compassion that humanity at large has failed to show them, historically speaking. That said, one needs to keep in mind that Palestinians from the beginning to the present day, refuse to accept the existence of Israel, and has expressed that with suicide bombers and other means of violence, this is just history that cannot be ignored.
Walker

Post by Walker »

That's right. Never again.
Walker

Post by Walker »

popeye1945 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:56 am

One always runs the risk of being labeled anti-sematic when discussing Israel but one can understand that Israel is essential to fulfilling the Jewish statement, "Never Again," it is no secret that Israel is a powerful lobbyist in the United States. I know the United States as a dark force in the world and the fact that together Israel backed by the United States might be corrupted by that power is rather strikingly obvious. Palestinians have paid the bill for the guilt of the world in failing in its humanity towards the Jewish people during the Holocaust. Nietzsche's statement comes to mind, "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." Today it looks like the world's humanity is failing the Palestinian people. I believe that the majority of necessity, knowing the history of the Holocaust and the Jewish historical experience of oppression found Zionism the only avenue open to them. Having compassion for one people should not in that process deny compassion to another, the Jewish state needs to practice the compassion that humanity at large has failed to show them, historically speaking. That said, one needs to keep in mind that Palestinians from the beginning to the present day, refuse to accept the existence of Israel, and has expressed that with suicide bombers and other means of violence, this is just history that cannot be ignored.
My response to Belinda is: It's ironic that Belinda ignores the facts, or perhaps didn't know the facts, as explained in the previous posting. To refresh, this is the meaning behind the previous sentence.

“Until the twentieth century, the name Palestine referred exclusively to the ancient land of the Jews, as did the name Judea, Judah, Zion and Israel. The Arabs who lived there were called Arabs, just as the Armedians, Turks, Druze and Cricassians who migrated into Palestine were still called Armenians, Turks, Druze and Circassians. With the exception of the Jews, who called the land “Eretz Israel” (the Land of Israel) and viewed it as their national home, all of those groups considered themselves to be living in “Southern Syria,” and never identified the land as a unique national homeland for themselves.”
- Benjamin Netanyahu
BIBI My Story © 2022

Mr. Netanyahu also explains the origins of the word Palestine, how the Romans changed the name, how the Muslims disappeared the name, and how Christian cartographers kept the name ... "alive in their own lands and bequeathed it to the Allied negotiators at the 1917 Versailles Peace Conference and then to its inhabitants, who adopted it once the British took control following World War I." - quoting Mr. Netanyahu, from the same source.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Walker wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:53 am Oh my. You do live in a fantasy world.

- There was no trouble when Trump was president.
- You know the details.
- Trump is the greatest friend that Israel ever had.
- He was forging new alliances, until the Left stepped in.

He is one of the great American presidents because he brought the citizens of the US and allies peace and prosperity, and the allies benefited from the peace. Truly an outsider. Truly not a Leftist.

Now, there is trouble, and it's because of the Left.

The US is currently living under a dictator who legislates and spends from the executive branch, to extreme excess that corrupts the authority.

This is the real world Popeye, and I must remind you that you have yet to answer the crucial question. Did Wimpy ever pay up on Tuesday for the burger he borrowed on Saturday morning, when the little ones were watching cartoons?
RUN FOREST!!!
Walker

Post by Walker »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:11 pm
RUN FOREST!!!
Poor Popeye. No more game. Just silly sayings. Nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide. Reality and facts contradict your unsupported belief. Your only backup, your only basis to contradict Trump's greatness as a president, is your own bigotry.