Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:34 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:43 am
popeye1945 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:05 am

Wow, you really believe what you've stated here? You are a political innocent.
The US has military bases practically everywhere. How do you think other countries feel about that?
That's a valid point. I suppose some people in those countries might not want a foreign military presence in their country.

Bin Laden supposedly didn't want us in Saudi Arabia, so he took things into his own hands and murdered a bunch of American citizens for it. I mean if the majority of people in a country really don't want us there, then we ought to just pull out. Let the chips fall where they may.
The fact that they have military bases everywhere is the reason weaker countries don't do anything about it, and this is where Putin has drawn a line in the sand at Russia's border. To quote the older Bush/president, "The world is just going to have to get use to the idea, what we say goes!"
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:22 pm

The US has military bases practically everywhere. How do you think other countries feel about that?
That's a valid point. I suppose some people in those countries might not want a foreign military presence in their country.

Bin Laden supposedly didn't want us in Saudi Arabia, so he took things into his own hands and murdered a bunch of American citizens for it. I mean if the majority of people in a country really don't want us there, then we ought to just pull out. Let the chips fall where they may.
The fact that they have military bases everywhere is the reason weaker countries don't do anything about it, and this is where Putin has drawn a line in the sand at Russia's border. To quote the older Bush/president, "The world is just going to have to get use to the idea, what we say goes!"
:roll: yeah. I guess we should all start polishing up on our Russian. Can't wait for your buddy Putin to liberate the world. He's probably just Jesus in disguise.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Complete with bad grammar. How appropriate for the world's greatest idiocracy.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:02 pm

:roll: yeah. I guess we should all start polishing up on our Russian. Can't wait for your buddy Putin to liberate the world. He's probably just Jesus in disguise.
That really doesn't address the situation now does it! Going into a pout explains nothing.
vegetariantaxidermy

I can see why you would remove your moronic comment, 'popeye'.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:58 am I can see why you would remove your moronic comment, 'popeye'.
Glad you have some sight!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:59 pm

When one has nothing to offer, there is always the fallacy of personal attack with spelling mistakes----lol!!
vegetariantaxidermy

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:10 am

When one has nothing to offer, there is always the fallacy of personal attack with spelling mistakes----lol!!
What are you laughing at?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:11 am
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:10 am

What are you laughing at?
Sorry, I do think I owe you an apology and you have my sincerest apology. It is easy to misperceive and take offense also to give offense in this media. Again, my apologies. I am not a total jerk but I do have my moments.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:52 am

That really doesn't address the situation now does it! Going into a pout explains nothing.
I apologize, however, I don't have the stomach for the destruction going on in Ukraine right now. I don't see the need for Russia to attack them. Russia was fine before the attack. It seems unnecessary to me.
Walker

Post by Walker »

[Image deleted by iMod]
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:41 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:52 am

I apologize, however, I don't have the stomach for the destruction going on in Ukraine right now. I don't see the need for Russia to attack them. Russia was fine before the attack. It seems unnecessary to me.
Well, your sentiments are of humane nature, do not stop feeling compassion, but just realize the intent of America is to dissolve the sovereignty of various nations. Russia has a right to protect itself from the violation of its borders. Russia is not the aggressor and Ukraine is an American puppet being use by America as cannon fodder. For the American industrial military complex war is good business. Most of the turmoil in the world historically has been the result of colonization and that is what you're looking at presently. This form of colonization looks different from the old British brand but the American brand it just as violent and cruel. Never be ashamed of your humanity it is the only thing that holds things together.
Last edited by popeye1945 on Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Image deleted by iMod"

Damn what did u post Walker, a picture of your SAT scores?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No I totally jest. I have no idea what your SAT scores are. I know mine sucked... so bad I'm not even sure I took the test. I just know any time I was in front of multiple choice fill in the bubble test, I absentmindedly zigzag-filled the bubbles as fast as I could to be done with it.

I did very many of those and I wanna say an SAT was in there but I can't be sure.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Proof that mods do exist.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

From The Atlantic

'Over the weekend, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu called his counterparts in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, and—interestingly—Turkey. In these calls, Shoigu claimed that Ukraine is about to use a “dirty bomb,” which would ostensibly allow Russia to open the door to retaliation with nuclear weapons. Today, General Valery Gerasimov, the chief of the Russian general staff, called his American and British counterparts to press the same case.

From the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -liberals/

'The liberal Democrats note that the war’s disastrous consequences are increasingly felt far beyond Ukraine, including elevated food and gas prices in the United States and spikes in the price of wheat, fertilizer and fuel that have created global food shortages, not to mention the danger of a nuclear attack by Moscow.'

Our only hope?

'The letter, sent to the White House on Monday and obtained by The Washington Post, could create more pressure on Biden as he tries to sustain domestic support for the war effort, at a time when the region is heading into a potentially difficult winter and Republicans are threatening to cut aid to Ukraine if they retake Congress.'

Might MAGA actually save us?!!!