Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:50 am Putin to play hardball with the nukes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnxxELn00gk

Notions that the Russians are going to lose the war in Ukraine are “naïve,” says clinical psychologist Dr Jordan Peterson.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:59 am Notions that the Russians are going to lose the war in Ukraine are “naïve,” says clinical psychologist Dr Jordan Peterson.
How does that suggest that the Russians aren't going to use nukes on their way to doing it? They have them. Do you think Putin will just surrender to "regime change"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:31 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:59 am Notions that the Russians are going to lose the war in Ukraine are “naïve,” says clinical psychologist Dr Jordan Peterson.
How does that suggest that the Russians aren't going to use nukes on their way to doing it? They have them. Do you think Putin will just surrender to "regime change"?
Nooo! Really!😮

Russia have nuclear bombs 🫢 well I’d never have guessed that possible. 😬
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Don’t you ever get sick and tired of living on a minefield?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:53 pm
Nooo! Really!😮

Russia have nuclear bombs 🫢 well I’d never have guessed that possible. 😬
You didn't answer the question at all.

However, that's par for the course. Have a nice day.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:58 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:54 am Now, after all his antics, he feels "unsafe"? If we give in to his antics, do you think that'll appease the guy?
Oh, no...I'm not suggesting we "appease" him, Gary. He's got to be backed off...no question.
Of course, here's the thing with IC...

He's a rabid Christian. In other words, it's not just leap of faith for him. He is absolutely convinced "in his head" that there is a Christian God up there in Heaven.

So, from his frame of mind, if the West refuses to allow Putin to achieve a victory in Ukraine and this results in Putin using nuclear bombs, prompting America and England and France to retaliate in kind, resulting in that fabled "mutually assured destruction" across the globe, even if he is vaporized himself, his soul is up in Heaven. And he doesn't have to demonstrate this to anyone...he merely has to believe it "in his head".

Right?

All of this gets me to thinking about the AIDS crisis [for some] back in the 1980s. Remember those stories about men who were so outraged at having been infected themselves they went around deliberately infecting others? If they had to die, they figured, they'd take as many others with them as possible.

Well, what if someone like Putin begins to think like that? What if, if it appears that his power is about to be stripped away, if his very life itself is threatened, he too figures, "fuck it, if I have to go so will millions of others".
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

iambiguous wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:09 pm ...from his frame of mind, if the West refuses to allow Putin to achieve a victory in Ukraine...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, Biggie. Seriously!

You have no idea how wrong you are...or how lunatic you sound. Sorry...you just have no idea what you're saying. Like most skeptics, you have no idea at all what Christians do or don't think about these things. It never seems to stop you from making stuff up, though; and it's always entertaining. :D

I have no particular prediction for the future. We all know that Putin has nukes, and unless you think he's a mentally balanced specimen, even you must have some concern about what he'll do. The question is whether or not he's sane enough NOT to do it...or whether Biden et al. are also sane enough not to push him into it.

Got a view of that?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:24 pm
iambiguous wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:09 pm ...from his frame of mind, if the West refuses to allow Putin to achieve a victory in Ukraine...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, Biggie. Seriously!

You have no idea how wrong you are...or how lunatic you sound. Sorry...you just have no idea what you're saying. Like most skeptics, you have no idea at all what Christians do or don't think about these things. It never seems to stop you from making stuff up, though; and it's always entertaining. :D
Okay, in some detail, explain to us what part of this...
He's a rabid Christian. In other words, it's not just leap of faith for him. He is absolutely convinced "in his head" that there is a Christian God up there in Heaven.

So, from his frame of mind, if the West refuses to allow Putin to achieve a victory in Ukraine and this results in Putin using nuclear bombs, prompting America and England and France to retaliate in kind, resulting in that fabled "mutually assured destruction" across the globe, even if he is vaporized himself, his soul is up in Heaven. And he doesn't have to demonstrate this to anyone...he merely has to believe it "in his head".
...I got wrong.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:24 pmI have no particular prediction for the future. We all know that Putin has nukes, and unless you think he's a mentally balanced specimen, even you must have some concern about what he'll do. The question is whether or not he's sane enough NOT to do it...or whether Biden et al. are also sane enough not to push him into it.

Got a view of that?
Sure, a fractured and fragmented view. But one thing I'm less fractured and fragmented about is that I am in fact concerned about what he will do because that can include starting a nuclear exchange that vaporizes both of us.

Only, unlike you, I don't predict my soul will be up there in Paradise if I am.

Do you or don't you predict that for yourself?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

iambiguous wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:50 pm Okay, in some detail, explain to us what part of this...I got wrong.
Quite frankly? All of it. But I feel neither a duty nor an inclination to help you out with that.

Somebody that ignorant should be allowed to keep his ignorance. Honestly, it's just what he deserves.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:11 am
iambiguous wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:50 pm Okay, in some detail, explain to us what part of this...I got wrong.
Quite frankly? All of it. But I feel neither a duty nor an inclination to help you out with that.

Somebody that ignorant should be allowed to keep his ignorance. Honestly, it's just what he deserves.
Absolutely shameless!!!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

But you didn't answer the question (Do you or don't you predict that for yourself?) at all did you?

Why? because you are incapable of sensible 'debate' which has nothing to do with arguing by the way.
Seems you are only interested in relentlessly trying to prove someone is right or wrong on the subject of God.
Debate doesn't do that FYI

Debating a subject is all about standing in awe and wonder of all of this, pondering how/why/when. It is not claiming to know absolutely everything that is going on here, as just some notion you personally attribute to a God who has all the answers.

Did you know, that only ignorance is original?

You didn't answer the question at all did you, but that cleverly used sly ignore tactic of yours comes very easy to you doesn't it, it's all very easy for you to inform other people they have not answerd the question at all. How ironic. :roll:

However, that's par for the course these days. Have an absolutely shameless nice day.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:55 am

But you didn't answer the question
I did, actually. The answer was "All of it." But let's not be technical.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Why questions? Who answers?

ALL OF IT

..lets not get too technical on the subject in question here.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:48 pm

Why questions?
You do. Endlessly, tediously, pointlessly.

So I'm jumping off this conversational "train" at the present station. There's nothing further down this track.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:23 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:48 pm
Why questions?
You do. Endlessly, tediously, pointlessly.

So I'm jumping off this conversational "train" at the present station. There's nothing further down this track.
That's right, there is nothing further down a track that has no end. So why question what can never be caught, except as your own tail.

Yeah, so speak for yourself, since there is no one else who is listening to what is only your own tale, you have invented.

And so yeah, Endlessly, tediously, and pointlessly....keep pushing your own concocted train of thoughts down that trackless track if it makes you feel like you are getting somewhere. Look out for the impasse along your way to nowhere.

FAITH...complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Good luck with trusting a thing. You'll find no thing in a thing. But you reject that very notion, so be it. It's your delusion.