Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by Dontaskme »

iambiguous wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:53 pm
Sure, your guess is as good as mine as to what makes Putin tick. But who among us really knows for sure? He might find himself somewhere in the vicinity of defeat [whatever that means] in Ukraine. He uses chemical weapons or one of the smaller nuclear bombs to turn it around. And how will the West and Biden react to that.
There is only one way to end a world war...nuke em high!

Lest we forget what ended world war 2

Oh wait, does war have a beginning or end... :roll: will the last man standing please stand up.

Make the most of today, for tomorrow we may die. And it's always a good day to die if you make it so. :D

I spend everyday practicing death and dying, be prepped, be wise, and be good, cos we're all gonna die...whooo hoo!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:38 pm But as to Putin being "bat shit crazy," there's no doubt at all. Unless you believe that you should murder an innocent child for something a completely different adult did to you. Well do you?
Again!!! Well do You???? Answer the question or do you fear it?
I think murder is abhorrent. I have never personally killed anyone in my life, nor would I ever, not even the child I carried to full term after my husband raped me, and then left me for dead. I would never ever consider aborting my pregnant belly. I would find that act totally abhorrent.

I do not fear murderers. What I fear the most is why people choose to procreate live living feeling sentient organisms into existence in the first place already knowing what a "bat shit crazy" scummy world they are being born into. That's never made any sense to me why people would ever choose to lay their eggs in shit. But hey ho...it is what it is.

And I understand that I too, am partly responsible for procreation. But there comes a time, when we just have to be honest and seriously ask ourselves ..wtf ..are we doing here.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:31 am There is only one way to end a world war...nuke em high!
Not true. Wars have ended with truces and peace agreements. I think WW2 was probably highly divided along racial lines and that produced the specter of genocide because you knew who the "enemy" was. The only solution to stopping nuclear war is to mingle and get to know your "enemies". EVERYONE has a back story and we're all in various states of confusion and disorientation. We need to stop waging "wars". We need to wage peace.

LOVE THY ENEMIES
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:24 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:31 am There is only one way to end a world war...nuke em high!
Not true. Wars have ended with truces and peace agreements. I think WW2 was probably highly divided along racial lines and that produced the specter of genocide because you knew who the "enemy" was. The only solution to stopping nuclear war is to mingle and get to know your "enemies". EVERYONE has a back story and we're all in various states of confusion and disorientation. We need to stop waging "wars". We need to wage peace.

LOVE THY ENEMIES
I'm just kidding, I cannot take life seriously anymore, after the massive awakening I had informing me of the nihilistic universe. I only live to entertain myself with satirical humour these days, which is why I have no freinds, not that I would want them anyway. I want peace but I know it's married to war, till death do we part. . so life on earth is more of a lose lose than a win win in my logic. My pessimism is what guides me through the fog to see the truth.

Who needs enemies when you got frenemy's.

IDK..will all end very badly, IDK...but I'm kinda guessing that humans are too darn selfish to go and kill themselves to the point of total anihilation via the nuke method...so lets wait and see...but whatever happens it's already written in the stars anyway...so not a whole lot we can do about anything really.

How will World War III end Gary? ...you do not know, you can only speculate. I speculate nukes.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

From the NYT:

'Western nations on Friday deepened their efforts to combat Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, as Sweden signaled that it might join NATO; the world’s wealthiest democracies sought ways to circumvent a Russian blockade of Ukrainian wheat; and Britain imposed new sanctions on the Russian president’s inner circle.

The move that might sting President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia the most was Britain’s imposition of sanctions on his former wife, Lyudmila Ocheretnaya, and a former gymnast long rumored to be his girlfriend, Alina Kabaeva.'

Sure, why not, make it personal. After all, no matter what the West does there is certainly no possibility it might provoke Putin to set into motion the bigger dominoes here.

Or we can hope that this is unfolding given facts that we are not privy to. The Western leaders know how far they can go. They know something about Putin that, behind the curtains, never make it into the headlines.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The scariest thing about all this is that the first domino has been pushed….that’s really bad news because it means…

There is no way back for Russia and her allies….the horrific truth is that Russia will never accept defeat.

Humans have basically shot themselves in the foot because of their insatiable thirst for amassing an insane arsenal of nuclear weapons.

No one will come out of this mess alive…save the countries that have already prepped their citizens by building underground bunkers that were built to house thousands of their population.

The countries who have no underground facilities will all perish.

Sweden and Switzerland have been prepping for decades for what is about to come down the pipe.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:06 pm
iambiguous wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:18 pm Here we go?

From the NYT:

'The United States marshaled allies on Tuesday to pledge more military support to Ukraine, accelerating the drive to halt Russia’s offensive and degrade its war machine, as Moscow accused the West of pursuing a proxy war and ignoring the “considerable” risk that it could spiral into a nuclear conflict.

President Vladimir V. Putin has portrayed the war in Ukraine as part of a broader struggle with the West, declaring when he launched the invasion in February that his bigger target was America’s “empire of lies.”'

All I can say is that I hope Biden has the best possible intel regarding what is unfolding now inside Putin's head. Because if the intel is fucked up and Putin is prepared to jack up the conflict all the way to a nuclear exchange, we may all become collateral damage here.
As obviously crazy as he is, he knows, (along with all his cronies), what will happen, and remember that he, (and his cronies), are supposedly fighting to 'win'. A nuclear war is DEFINITELY A NO WIN SCENARIO FOR EVERYONE!!" EVERYONE!!!!
Sure, your guess is as good as mine as to what makes Putin tick. But who among us really knows for sure? He might find himself somewhere in the vicinity of defeat [whatever that means] in Ukraine. He uses chemical weapons or one of the smaller nuclear bombs to turn it around. And how will the West and Biden react to that.

There are many, many ways that things can slip out of control here. And perhaps the worst case scenario is one where the West is, in fact, able to bring Putin down. Then Russia starts to crumble from within. A "failed state" with 6,000 nuclear warheads.

Nope, I still say to the extent that Putin isn't Hitler, let him bring the Soviet Union back together sans Marxism.
You're wrong, he's killing people, innocent children, he deserves to die for his crimes against humanity.
SpheresOfBalance

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:47 am
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:38 pm But as to Putin being "bat shit crazy," there's no doubt at all. Unless you believe that you should murder an innocent child for something a completely different adult did to you. Well do you?
Again!!! Well do You???? Answer the question or do you fear it?
I think murder is abhorrent. I have never personally killed anyone in my life, nor would I ever, not even the child I carried to full term after my husband raped me, and then left me for dead. I would never ever consider aborting my pregnant belly. I would find that act totally abhorrent.
Actually it's a uterus or a womb that's carrying the baby, and of course I know you know that, just being exacting. And it's good to hear that you're not a killer, me neither, so we're the same in that way. But if someone ever threatened to kill me or mine, as the innocent party, I'd defend myself and kill them first.

I do not fear murderers. What I fear the most is why people choose to procreate live living feeling sentient organisms into existence in the first place already knowing what a "bat shit crazy" scummy world they are being born into. That's never made any sense to me why people would ever choose to lay their eggs in shit. But hey ho...it is what it is.
I don't fear it but I agree that the current state of the world is not a good time/place for children. If only adult humans could get their shit together.

And I understand that I too, am partly responsible for procreation. But there comes a time, when we just have to be honest and seriously ask ourselves ..wtf ..are we doing here.
I think the answer is that we're failing the test. And we'll pay one day!
Which reminds me of a song that came out around 1986/1987, It's by "World Party" off the album "Private Revolution", it's titled: "Ship of Fools"

Lyrics:

We're setting sail to the place on the map
From which no one has ever returned
Drawn by the promise of the joker and the fool
By the light of the crosses that burned
Drawn by the promise of the women and the lace
And the gold and the cotton and pearls
It's the place where they keep all the darkness you need
You sail away from the light of the world on this trip, baby
You will pay tomorrow
You're gonna pay tomorrow
You will pay tomorrow

Oh, oh, oh
Save me, save me from tomorrow
I don't want to sail with this ship of fools, no, no
Oh, save me, save me from tomorrow
I don't want to sail with this ship of fools, no, no
I want to run and hide right now

Avarice and greed are gonna drive you over the endless sea
They will leave you drifting in the shallows
Or drowning in the oceans of history
Traveling the world, you're in search of no good
But I'm sure you'll build your Sodom like you knew you would
Using all the good people for your galley slaves
As you're little boat struggles through the warning waves, but you don't pay

You will pay tomorrow
You're gonna pay tomorrow, yeah
You're gonna pay tomorrow

I don't want to sail with this ship of fools, no, no, no
I don't want to sail with this ship of fools
Where's it comin' from?
Oh, where's it goin' to?
It's just a, it's just a ship of fools

All abord now
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo...
SpheresOfBalance

iambiguous wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:23 pm From the NYT:

'Western nations on Friday deepened their efforts to combat Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, as Sweden signaled that it might join NATO; the world’s wealthiest democracies sought ways to circumvent a Russian blockade of Ukrainian wheat; and Britain imposed new sanctions on the Russian president’s inner circle.

The move that might sting President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia the most was Britain’s imposition of sanctions on his former wife, Lyudmila Ocheretnaya, and a former gymnast long rumored to be his girlfriend, Alina Kabaeva.'

Sure, why not, make it personal. After all, no matter what the West does there is certainly no possibility it might provoke Putin to set into motion the bigger dominoes here.

Or we can hope that this is unfolding given facts that we are not privy to. The Western leaders know how far they can go. They know something about Putin that, behind the curtains, never make it into the headlines.
Only cowards will let a murderer do so without holding them accountable, which makes them just as bad as the murderer.

1st & 2nd Edit: forgot the "er" on murderer
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Sat May 28, 2022 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpheresOfBalance

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:24 am

LOVE THY ENEMIES
Yeah Gary, tell that to Putin, I'm sure he'll listen to you, right?

Here's a snippet of lyrics to a song titled :Manhattan Project" by "Rush" off their "Power Windows" album.

As to the 'big bang' (nukes) they sing:

...The big shots, try to hold it back
Fools try to wish it away...

If he's surgically taken out, that will be the end of it.
SpheresOfBalance

Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:23 am The scariest thing about all this is that the first domino has been pushed….that’s really bad news because it means…

There is no way back for Russia and her allies….the horrific truth is that Russia will never accept defeat.

Humans have basically shot themselves in the foot because of their insatiable thirst for amassing an insane arsenal of nuclear weapons.

No one will come out of this mess alive…save the countries that have already prepped their citizens by building underground bunkers that were built to house thousands of their population.

The countries who have no underground facilities will all perish.

Sweden and Switzerland have been prepping for decades for what is about to come down the pipe.
Sounds like you have a crystal ball, of course they don't really work.

Underground will get you nowhere, it's not being able to stand the test of "the half-lifes" time, that's gonna eventually get ya. Chernobyl is still deadly, and it shall be for quite a long time. Underground, what happens to the Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide, just to mention the tip of the underground iceberg of problems.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:02 pm Dear philosophers, please read the brief interview below from lifelong US political activist and dissident Noam Chomsky. Is the US pursuing an antiquated foreign policy based on Cold War strategy and concerns? Should we leave Ukraine a neutral country? After what happened to Russia in two world wars in the previous century is Russia "justified" in feeling threatened by Ukraine potentially joining NATO? Should we allow Russia/Putin to have some breathing room as it were--by making Ukraine a neutral state--so that Russia doesn't feel threatened from the West? Is it OK to make concessions to avoid stoking the flames of a potential conflict between two nuclear-armed states?

https://chomsky.info/20211223/

What are your thoughts?
In general..
News coverage is highly partial.
In Israel this week an internationally respected journalist was shot dead in the face by an IDF sniper. This was a deliberate murder of a Christian woman dressed in clothes clearly marked "PRESS", another in her group was shot in the back, now in hospital in a serious condtion.
Later the procession carrying her coffin was brutally attacked by the Israeli police force nearly upending the coffin but which was bravely held on to by defenceless pall bearings suffering batton strikes to the body and legs.
What did the BBC report?
It described the incident as a "clash." That is not a clash. A pall bearers thighs, head and toso, did not clash with a truncheon. A funeral cortage does not "clash" with police.
Western media does not report of the oppression of Palestinians, whose homes are regularly bulldozed, whose schools targeted, only to face embargoes on building materials. They more commonly chose to portray Palestine as a rogue nation - not a nation of people that existed in the region before Israel occupied it.

And what have the western media chosen to ignore in the Ukraine since 2014? 40,000 deaths of ethnic Russians by the Azov battalion, the oppression. Details are hard to come by since the conflict in East Ukraine has been dubbed not newsworthy, and of course RT has been banned by the free press loving west for months now.
I'm not in favour of violence, but I hate hypocrisy.

So I welcome any other perspective, and Chomsky has a way of cutting through the bullshit.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Not sure Y small drones arn't used to drop USB sticks across Moscow and other areas with footage of what is actually happening in Ukraine (propaganda)
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Nope, I still say to the extent that Putin isn't Hitler, let him bring the Soviet Union back together sans Marxism.
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:54 amYou're wrong, he's killing people, innocent children, he deserves to die for his crimes against humanity.
Yeah, that is no less a legitimate point of view than mine. Only I suggest that each of us comes to believe what he or she does about Putin subjectively...based on the manner in which our lived lives created and then sustained a particular existential trajectory predisposing us to one set of value judgments here rather than another.

That, further, philosophers, ethicists, political scientists etc., appear unable to provide us with the optimal or the only rational conclusion.

In other words, deontologically, ought Putin to be killed?

After all, if those who are in sync with your convictions here do attempt to kill him and this is the trigger that prompts Putin to launch the nuclear warheads, literally millions and millions and millions of men, women and children could be wiped out of existence.

But you're willing to take that chance, right?

Here, of course, based on our individual sets of circumstances, we all take our own personal leap of faith into the future.

The "agony of choice in the face of uncertainty" let's call it.

You draw your line, I draw mine. But I would never be foolish enough to insist that those who don't draw the line where I do are wrong. What could I possibly know about their sets of circumstances? And, as always, both sides here are more than capable of providing us with reasonable arguments for or against killing Putin. Or, for that matter, for or against sending in American and Nato troops to fight along side the Ukrainians.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

FROM ILP:
Meno_ wrote:Latest: Putin has cancer, it may have been brought about bythe impossible situation he finds himself in, internal strife within , most of the 'free world having him in a deadlock, inadvertently aggression, and may be his own wife nagging him for her disadvantage of sanctions.

Soon people will be sorry for him.all around.
Here's one take on that:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/does-puti ... -very-ill/

'Commentators on social media have speculated about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s health in recent weeks, suggesting that the notorious leader seems to be showing signs of fatigue and possible illness amid the ongoing military invasion of Ukraine launched on February 24.

'Recently obtained evidence may offer further support for the so-far unfounded speculations over Putin’s supposed deteriorating health.

'In a recording obtained by New Lines Magazine, an oligarch close to the Kremlin can be heard saying that Putin is “very ill with blood cancer.”'

On the other hand, if you google "putin cancer new york times" or "washington post", nothing.

Still, imagine if it is true. Imagine if death is right around the corner for him. Here, a lot might depend on whether or not he believes in God. If you Google that you get a truly ambiguous mish-mash of "maybes".

But if he is not religious, if he believes that death = oblivion, what if he decides "fuck it, if I have to die, I'll take as many others with me as possible". Like those who found out they had AIDS back when it was an instant death sentence going around infecting others. Only on a vaster scale.

Ever and always back to what is going on now inside his head. What we know or do not know about that. Dasein down to the bone.