Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Agent Smith

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by Agent Smith »

"Some day ... some day ... I'll ... " Kaboom! "Some day .... some day ... I'll".
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary,

Most political savvy people realize that the political figures one votes for are not the deciding powers, there is a political elite behind it all. Personally, I believe it was this political elite that murdered John F Kenndy, but that is getting a little off track. The dumber the population the easier they are to manage, perhaps that is why the education system in the states is so bad, of course it's pretty bad here in Canada as well. Nationalism is the big drawback to reason in politics, that is why I say it is better to think of yourself as a world/global citizen. One needs to have an ear to the global community and this is much easier today with our communication technology. There is no reason people with a passion for politics should not know the history of the nation they abide in; one cannot get a reasonable understanding from corporate own media, the six O'clock news. Global citizen is just a better perspective than nationalism.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:23 am Gary,

Most political savvy people realize that the political figures one votes for are not the deciding powers, there is a political elite behind it all. Personally, I believe it was this political elite that murdered John F Kenndy, but that is getting a little off track. The dumber the population the easier they are to manage, perhaps that is why the education system in the states is so bad, of course it's pretty bad here in Canada as well. Nationalism is the big drawback to reason in politics, that is why I say it is better to think of yourself as a world/global citizen. One needs to have an ear to the global community and this is much easier today with our communication technology. There is no reason people with a passion for politics should not know the history of the nation they abide in; one cannot get a reasonable understanding from corporate own media, the six O'clock news. Global citizen is just a better perspective than nationalism.
And who is the political elite behind it all? Are we taking "illuminati" or "deep state"? And how would the plan be implemented over the course of multiple generations? Is the plan kept in a vault or archive somewhere in Washington DC for each new generation of the political elite to consult in case they're not sure if they're conforming to the plan or not? I'm all ears. :|
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:37 amI'm all ears. :|
That was Dumbo's motto, and he used his to fly.

That’s not how it works. You don't read an instruction manual every morning to go about your day. Do you? How it works is, those who have been indoctrinated into the precepts, by means of official reinforcement from the government school immersion during an impressionable stage of human development, tend to end up interpreting both real-time sensory and imaginative data input in similar ways, and this grooming that creates similar interpretations of reality in different individuals results in similar views, outlooks, interpretations and philosophies which creates a lens to focus similar reactions and responses to unfolding reality.

Or perhaps, the explanation that God is up to no good makes more sense.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:21 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:37 amI'm all ears. :|
That was Dumbo's motto, and he used his to fly.

That’s not how it works. You don't read an instruction manual every morning to go about your day. Do you? How it works is, those who have been indoctrinated into the precepts, by means of official reinforcement from the government school immersion during an impressionable stage of human development, tend to end up interpreting both real-time sensory and imaginative data input in similar ways, and this grooming that creates similar interpretations of reality in different individuals results in similar views, outlooks, interpretations and philosophies which creates a lens to focus similar reactions and responses to unfolding reality.

Or perhaps, the explanation that God is up to no good makes more sense.
Well if God is supposedly a "loving" God, then I'd say perhaps someone tapped into an imposter because there are a lot of things that seem fundamentally at odds with a loving God. Things that are effectively "catch 22" in my experience. Or perhaps God simply doesn't care to micromanage what s/he created and therefore worship is entirely voluntary.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:37 am

And who is the political elite behind it all? Are we taking "illuminati" or "deep state"? And how would the plan be implemented over the course of multiple generations? Is the plan kept in a vault or archive somewhere in Washington DC for each new generation of the political elite to consult in case they're not sure if they're conforming to the plan or not? I'm all ears. :|
I think deep state is just another word for the same thing, apparently, this is not just true of the United States; but in the East deep state is the totalitarian government, no room there of secret societies. If they were available to scrutiny their power would dissipate like smoke. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but it is not one many people question.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:24 pm

I think deep state is just another word for the same thing, apparently, this is not just true of the United States; but in the East deep state is the totalitarian government, no room there of secret societies. If they were available to scrutiny their power would dissipate like smoke. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but it is not one many people question.
I can probably see that being the case. Chomsky denied being a "conspiracy theorist" and seemed to prefer to see himself as analyzing the behavior of media in democratic societies and the institutional mechanisms which produced that behavior in them. I remember him paying a lot of attention to Walter Kaufman's term "Manufactuing Consent" and Reinhold Niebuhr's "Necessary Illusions." Niebuhr was a very influential Christian theologian back in the day, so it doesn't surprise me that the Church started by the Romans would have someone proposing that the people to be given "necessary illusions". Not sure how much those two are considered icons in contemporary media but apparently Chomsky thought they were influential in his heyday.

Of course, we should probably also bear in mind that information is probably undergoing similar if not worse distortion in authoritarian societies. So it's not to point the finger exclusively at democracies. But rather to get them to better do their job of informing the people with what they need to know.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:48 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:24 pm

I can probably see that being the case. Chomsky denied being a "conspiracy theorist" and seemed to prefer to see himself as analyzing the behavior of media in democratic societies and the institutional mechanisms which produced that behavior in them. I remember him paying a lot of attention to Walter Kaufman's term "Manufactuing Consent" and Reinhold Niebuhr's "Necessary Illusions." Niebuhr was a very influential Christian theologian back in the day, so it doesn't surprise me that the Church started by the Romans would have someone proposing that the people to be given "necessary illusions". Not sure how much those two are considered icons in contemporary media but apparently Chomsky thought they were influential in his heyday.

Of course, we should probably also bear in mind that information is probably undergoing similar if not worse distortion in authoritarian societies. So it's not to point the finger exclusively at democracies. But rather to get them to do their job of informing the people what they need to know.
Excellent post. Yes, all governments are corrupt, you listen to what they say to see if the behaviors follow. To get perspective one needs to look for patterns that don't really aline with the rhetoric past and present. Creative mythology plays a big part in the manipulation of the population in America. I sometimes wonder if it is even possible to overcome the programming for the population at large. Chris Hedges is another voice sometimes in partner with Chomsky. America truly is insane, but perhaps there is some hope on the horizon many demonstrations occurring throughout Europe against western countries sending military aid to Ukraine. People are saner than their governments.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Seeing straight about Ukraine vs Russia. Also, awareness of the present situation in the US and the difficulties ahead.

Sobering view

It’s the most rational view I’ve encountered so far. My question: Is it correct?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

If I were zee Russians I would forget about anything north of that green line and concentrate on annexing that region which would give them control of both seas. The European side of Ukraine will never be turned over to Putin, but he might be able to reach a settlement for that lower territory, taking it like Crimea. New borders would need to be drawn and world maps reprinted.

7f4p0y.jpg
7f4p0y.jpg (23.57 KiB) Viewed 522 times
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

The war is not Ukraine against Russia, it is America against Russia! Ukrainians are American collateral damage, puppets.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

The leaders of the world need to bring an end to the Ukraine conflict that both the Ukrainians and Russians will agree to. NATO and China should probably step out of the way and let the UN handle the issue and come up with the conditions.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

It is interesting, that the forces that wish access to Russia's border are all post-colonial countries, perhaps one or two others basically economically owned by the United States. The other side of the equation the BRICS are the post-colonies, attempting to say no to their past masters. Probably just a coincidence, probably!!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

those bloody cossacks are over there cutting each other's heads off now. unbelievable. can't just kill the enemy... u gotta be a scary tough guy and make this whole big symbolic thing about it and do the most horrible shit u can think of to the guy. what a bunch of savage assholes.

but forget about the beheadings. just look at what's going on in the Ukrainian trenches.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

TO WHOMEVER IT CONCERNS, END THE WAR IN UKRAINE.