Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by Gary Childress »

MagsJ wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:07 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:55 pm And your subjective view is objective, of course. :roll:
More-so than you, yes.. I’m not interested in whether we agree or whom you support, but that the situation gets resolved in a way that satisfies all parties involved.
Really? You hope the issue gets resolved such as Ukraine is satisfied with Russian occupation? How enlightened of you. How do you stand it around all us mere humans?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:12 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:55 pm And your subjective view is objective, of course. :roll:
More-so than you, yes.. I’m not interested in whether we agree or whom you support, but that the situation gets resolved in a way that satisfies all parties involved.
Really? You hope the issue gets resolved such as Ukraine is satisfied with Russian occupation?
I said that? Would you call that a permanent resolution?
How enlightened of you. How do you stand it around all us mere humans?
I have a good tolerance level. :wink:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

MagsJ wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:18 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:12 am
Really? You hope the issue gets resolved such as Ukraine is satisfied with Russian occupation?
I said that? Would you call that a permanent resolution?
How enlightened of you. How do you stand it around all us mere humans?
I have a good tolerance level. :wink:
OK. So we agree then, that giving Ukraine the means to defend itself against Putin's invasion, overall, makes sense on the part of the Biden administration. Good to know.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:40 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Ukraine was an independent state when Russia invaded. And after Ukraine becomes a puppet of Russia, will Poland pose a threat? Will it need to be invaded too?

Ukraine is a puppet state doing the dying for the empire and the states will let it go on to the last Ukrainian. Poland has always been a problem for Russia as a number of times in its history it has been invaded through Poland so it is a security concern. America is on the decline it has used its power to exploit much of the world and has forced many, many countries including Russia and China into an alliance, and a new world order is forming as we speak.
Of course. And Russia and China should never have given North Vietnam weaponry to defend themselves against American aggression? Good luck with the "new world order", hope you fare well in it. Best to learn Chinese apparently.
You need to wake up! You need to concern yourself with hearing the voice of the global community and not just your home-grown propaganda.

Trying to make sense of the above statement, I had always been pro-Vietnam in its resistance to being colonized.

https://worldnewsera.com/news/finance/r ... rld-order/
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:07 am
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Ukraine is a puppet state doing the dying for the empire and the states will let it go on to the last Ukrainian. Poland has always been a problem for Russia as a number of times in its history it has been invaded through Poland so it is a security concern. America is on the decline it has used its power to exploit much of the world and has forced many, many countries including Russia and China into an alliance, and a new world order is forming as we speak.
Of course. And Russia and China should never have given North Vietnam weaponry to defend themselves against American aggression? Good luck with the "new world order", hope you fare well in it. Best to learn Chinese apparently.
You need to wake up! You need to concern yourself with hearing the voice of the global community and not just your home-grown propaganda.

Trying to make sense of the above statement, I had always been pro-Vietnam in its resistance to being colonized.

Apparently, you and the "global community" are OK with Russia invading Ukraine? Is that correct? So I should join the crowd, the bandwagon, and feel the same way?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:29 am

But apparently, you and the "global community" are OK with Russia invading Ukraine? Is that correct?
I wasn't alright with America invading Vietnam and a multitude of other places but yes, Russia has a right to protect is own sovereignty
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:42 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:29 am

But apparently, you and the "global community" are OK with Russia invading Ukraine? Is that correct?
I wasn't alright with America invading Vietnam and a multitude of other places but yes, Russia has a right to protect is own sovereignty
No one is invading Russia or threatening to invade them. Is preemptive invasion now OK for any country that feels threatened or just for Russia? So Israel has every right to invade Iran and by the same token, Ukraine has every right to now invade Russia back? Oh, wait. Here I am all confused. I guess it takes a college degree to understand the special privilege Russia has over other countries.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Does North Korea have this privilege as well? I mean, Kim Long Dong fears for his mighty dictatorship, therefore, he should have every right to murder thousands in a preemptive strike or invasion just to save his own neck. I mean, he's a dictator. Poor slob doesn't know any better. Let's give him a free pass.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:52 am Does North Korea have this privilege as well? I mean, Kim Long Dong fears for his mighty dictatorship, therefore, he should have every right to murder thousands in a preemptive strike or invasion just to save his own neck. I mean, he's a dictator. Poor slob doesn't know any better. Let's give him a free pass.
This is not brain surgery, would America tolerate a Russian presence on its Canadian border? Have you learned nothing about American imperialism you need to do some googling, it's not as if the info is not available. The only thing protecting North Korea from the United States is the nuclear weapons systems they have, and the fact that they sit on the border of China.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:34 am OK. So we agree then, that giving Ukraine the means to defend itself against Putin's invasion, overall, makes sense on the part of the Biden administration. Good to know.
I said no such thing either.. what is it with you and this need to be agreed with?

Your support for one side over the other, is not of my concern.. can you not discuss the issue without it being based around that? Obviously not!

I have watched political talks, in which US senators incited wars and invasions against other countries and prompted others to do so.. the talks were not even about that, but other topics entirely.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:19 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:52 am Does North Korea have this privilege as well? I mean, Kim Long Dong fears for his mighty dictatorship, therefore, he should have every right to murder thousands in a preemptive strike or invasion just to save his own neck. I mean, he's a dictator. Poor slob doesn't know any better. Let's give him a free pass.
This is not brain surgery, would America tolerate a Russian presence on its Canadian border? Have you learned nothing about American imperialism you need to do some googling, it's not as if the info is not available. The only thing protecting North Korea from the United States is the nuclear weapons systems they have, and the fact that they sit on the border of China.
Brain surgery is brain surgery. What we're discussing is just war theory. And if you think invading other countries is justified on the mere basis of "we're afraid of what they might do" then your bar is considerably lower than mine.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

The US is gagging for China to invade Taiwan so that they can step in.. a presenter asked Biden “you won’t step in for Ukraine, but you will for Taiwan” and Biden said that that was correct. The presenter looked shocked.

Why is the US so keen to do that, to want to enter China.. for what? I guess that’s a whole new thread right there.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Why is the US so keen to do that, to want to enter China.. for what? I guess that’s a whole new thread right there.
Who knows if the Biden adminisration would actually back their words with action if the time came. I would hope not. I would also hope China wouldn't invade Taiwan. But I suppose others here may think China is perfectly justified in invading.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:30 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:19 am
Brain surgery is brain surgery. What we're discussing is just war theory. And if you think invading other countries is justified on the mere basis of "we're afraid of what they might do" then your bar is considerably lower than mine.
Gary, I am not opposed to your sensibilities but you need to be aware of the history of American imperialism, America is in violation of those sensibilities more than any other country. Spend some time in research. Even the Nazi's didn't have a war machine like that of America they look like boy scouts in comparison.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:39 am
Who knows if the Biden adminisration would actually back their words with action if the time came. I would hope not. I would also hope China wouldn't invade Taiwan. But I suppose others here may think China is perfectly justified in invading.
..but if they did, I would hope that Biden wouldn’t step in, in any way shape or form.

Interference, seems to only prolong matters and lose more lives.