Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by Walker »

What I found interesting is how this thread got buried after I posted the following. I couldn't find it on page one and two of the active topics. Had to search for "Ukraine" to find the thread.

Is it possible that this forum is loaded with antisemites?

Sure, it's possible.

“Until the twentieth century, the name Palestine referred exclusively to the ancient land of the Jews, as did the name Judea, Judah, Zion and Israel. The Arabs who lived there were called Arabs, just as the Armedians, Turks, Druze and Cricassians who migrated into Palestine were still called Armenians, Turks, Druze and Circassians. With the exception of the Jews, who called the land “Eretz Israel” (the Land of Israel) and viewed it as their national home, all of those groups considered themselves to be living in “Southern Syria,” and never identified the land as a unique national homeland for themselves.”
- Benjamin Netanyahu
BIBI My Story © 2022

Mr. Netanyahu also explains the origins of the word Palestine, how the Romans changed the name, how the Muslims disappeared the name, and how Christian cartographers kept the name ... "alive in their own lands and bequeathed it to the Allied negotiators at the 1917 Versailles Peace Conference and then to its inhabitants, who adopted it once the British took control following World War I." - quoting Mr. Netanyahu, from the same source.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Walker wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:47 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:11 pm
RUN FOREST!!!
Poor Popeye. No more game. Just silly sayings. Nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide. Reality and facts contradict your unsupported belief. Your only backup, your only basis to contradict Trump's greatness as a president, is your own bigotry.
Life is like a box of chocolates isn't Walker---lol!!
Walker

Post by Walker »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:54 pm
Life is like a box of chocolates isn't Walker---lol!!
At times, it's like listening to an ignorant bigot laugh. Just in case that isn't clear, it's like me listening to you.

:lol:

:wink:
Basil Ransom

Post by Basil Ransom »

Walker wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:54 pm Mr. Netanyahu also explains the origins of the word Palestine, how the Romans changed the name, how the Muslims disappeared the name, and how Christian cartographers kept the name ... "alive in their own lands and bequeathed it to the Allied negotiators at the 1917 Versailles Peace Conference and then to its inhabitants, who adopted it once the British took control following World War I." - quoting Mr. Netanyahu, from the same source.
This doesn't, in any way, excuse Israel's current apartheid system and apartheid oppression of the Palestinians--who are Palestinians--that Netanyahu has just made worse
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

It is a proxy war, America making war on Russia through Ukraine, the empire is acting out again!! War is America's cottage industry, read the military-industrial complex; war is its feeding time, its young people and puppet regimes cannon fodder. Business Is Business!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Russia launching missles against the capital. More killing.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

The war in Ukraine is old news and we aren't outraged by Putin anymore, Gary. I know, it makes no sense. Under Putin's watch, at least two hundred thousand people have died.... but the real monster on the news right now is Kohberger, who (allegedly) killed four whole people.

Maybe Bryan should have become a politician instead.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

One should at least question one's support for American aggression when it is apparent the entire third world supports Russia. They know the nature of American global aggression and are uniting in resistance. Together they can match the power of the American empire, and will. In the meantime, America in its psychopathic aggression puts the entire world in jeopardy.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:22 pm One should at least question one's support for American aggression when it is apparent the entire third world supports Russia. They know the nature of American global aggression and are uniting in resistance. Together they can match the power of the American empire, and will.
I should probably say the same about supporting Russia's agression. I may be support the killing of Russian soldiers invading Ukraine but by the same token, you're supporting the murder of innocent civilians. Pretty disgusting on your part. I take it you don't reside in Europe or the US?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:28 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:22 pm One should at least question one's support for American aggression when it is apparent the entire third world supports Russia. They know the nature of American global aggression and are uniting in resistance. Together they can match the power of the American empire, and will. In the meantime, American psychopathic aggression puts the entire world in jeopardy.
I should probably say the same about supporting Russia's aggression. I take it you don't reside in Europe or the US?
Who is violating who's borders? As to my nationality, it has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Try and think out of your personal box!!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:35 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:28 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:22 pm One should at least question one's support for American aggression when it is apparent the entire third world supports Russia. They know the nature of American global aggression and are uniting in resistance. Together they can match the power of the American empire, and will. In the meantime, American psychopathic aggression puts the entire world in jeopardy.
I should probably say the same about supporting Russia's aggression. I take it you don't reside in Europe or the US?
Who is violating who's borders? As to my nationality, it has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Try and think out of your personal box!!
Russia is violating Ukraine's borders. Are you that stupid?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I suspect you are one of Putin's internet trolls, the reason for my inquiry concerning your nationality.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:38 pm I suspect you are one of Putin's internet trolls, the reason for my inquiry concerning your nationality.
Nato is a function of American aggression; how do you think the Yanks would feel about a Russian military base in Canada? Do you think they would be alright with that? I am a Canadian, do you wish to know what color?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:44 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:38 pm I suspect you are one of Putin's internet trolls, the reason for my inquiry concerning your nationality.
Nato is a function of American aggression, how do you think the Yanks would feel about a Russian military base in Canada? Do you think they would be alright with that?
Fair enough. The Biden adminisration was way off key seeking Ukraine's joining NATO. However, I believe many of NATO's members were against it on the grounds that it would destabilize the world. That however is not an excuse to invade. By the same token the US would not be justified in invading Canada anymore than invading Cuba was justified.

Do you think Israel's leaders were justified during their incursion into Gaza? Killing Palestinian civilians. I assume not. If not what's the difference?
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:44 pm
Nato is a function of American aggression; how do you think the Yanks would feel about a Russian military base in Canada? Do you think they would be alright with that? I am a Canadian, do you wish to know what color?
Joining a consentual aliance is not "agression".