Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MagsJ

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by MagsJ »

A retired U.S. general, in a Live talk on Tuesday, on Ukraine: “We need to fight China next and then the other rising Nations, and all the new NATO countries that are joining up will give us the fighting men we need.. Lithuania alone will give us what, 500,000 men”.

Anyone else see that one^ coming? The eagerness for them in signing up countries, exposed that, for me.. making plans, on utilising other country’s men.

In America.. they’re coming for your children
In Europe.. they’re coming for your men

The other Global-representatives present, all agreed, that the world doesn’t need to go to war with China, but to work with them, on economic partnerships.. as well as with the other Nations, and that the world doesn’t need/want any more wars.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

MagsJ wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:52 pm A retired U.S. general, in a Live talk on Tuesday, on Ukraine: “We need to fight China next and then the other rising Nations, and all the new NATO countries that are joining up will give us the fighting men we need.. Lithuania alone will give us what, 500,000 men”.

Anyone else see that one^ coming? The eagerness for them in signing up countries, exposed that, for me.. making plans, on utilising other country’s men.

In America.. they’re coming for your children
In Europe.. they’re coming for your men

The other Global-representatives present, all agreed, that the world doesn’t need to go to war with China, but to work with them, on economic partnerships.. as well as with the other Nations, and that the world doesn’t need/want any more wars.
America at present is the Military industrial complex, please notice the is, and it needs war to survive and to grow, that is the evil that is America.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

MagsJ wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:52 pm A retired U.S. general, in a Live talk on Tuesday, on Ukraine: “We need to fight China next and then the other rising Nations, and all the new NATO countries that are joining up will give us the fighting men we need.. Lithuania alone will give us what, 500,000 men”.
That quote is obviously fabricated because Lithuania has been in NATO for almost 20 years, and NATO doesn't use conscript armies nor could it possibly make use of one with current combined arms doctrines it uses that require highly trained and well equipped soldiers.

Also, when pretending you can raise an army of 500,000 men, maybe don't select a country where that's a full third of the working age population.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:14 pm
That quote is obviously fabricated because Lithuania has been in NATO for almost 20 years, and NATO doesn't use conscript armies nor could it possibly make use of one with current combined arms doctrines it uses that require highly trained and well equipped soldiers.

Also, when pretending you can raise an army of 500,000 men, maybe don't select a country where that's a full third of the working age population.
New and existing NATO countries.. um, I watched the talk and that is exactly what was said.. the new additions, adding to the current ones. Why the doubt.. do they care about how many Russian and Ukrainian men have died, fighting their war?

Reality bears bitter fruit, huh?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:49 pm
America at present is the Military industrial complex, please notice the is, and it needs war to survive and to grow, that is the evil that is America.
It’s not the first time I’ve been on a political talk, where an American Government-representative has instigated declaring war on China.

Mad!
FlashDangerpants

MagsJ wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:14 pm

New and existing NATO countries.. um, I watched the talk and that is exactly what was said.. the new additions, adding to the current ones. Why the doubt.. do they care about how many Russian and Ukrainian men have died, fighting their war?

Reality bears bitter fruit, huh?
Which general was it, got a link? Were you just listening to some old man in a pub?
"all the new NATO countries" is a phrase that does not contain the words "and existing"

Like I said, NATO doesn't use conscript armies and hasn't got the rigth equipment or tactics to make use of them so the whole concept of this is bollocks.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:36 pm Which general was it, got a link? Were you just listening to some old man in a pub?
"all the new NATO countries" is a phrase that does not contain the words "and existing"

Like I said, NATO doesn't use conscript armies and hasn't got the rigth equipment or tactics to make use of them so the whole concept of this is bollocks.
Can’t you read/did you not read both my replies?

..also, you seem to think that you’d be privy to all knowledge and information about the matter of conscripts in war. Since when has it stopped conscripts being made.

What do you think about the mass-consensus decision on no warring, but global peace? ..coz you sure don’t seem interested in that part.
FlashDangerpants

MagsJ wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:36 pm Which general was it, got a link? Were you just listening to some old man in a pub?

Can’t you read/did you not read both my replies?
There's no turning of the tables here. Who was this general, where was this discussion held? These are questions you should be able to answer without trying to gaslight me.

You wrote that Lithuania can provide an army of 500,000 men, it has a working age population of around 750,000 men and 750,000 women, so that's improbable. You wrote "new nato countries" and then named one that's been in NATO since 2004, and then pretended that you had written "new and existing" ... which you hadn't done, why double down, why blame my reading ability? Grow up.
MagsJ wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 am..also, you seem to think that you’d be privy to all knowledge and information about the matter of conscripts in war. Since when has it stopped conscripts being made.
Conscript armies have to be trained, equipped, and then deployed. Aside from Turkey which operates a low quality conscript army that can't hold ground in Syria, the rest of NATO doesn't have the setup for that sort of thing. We don't use tanks that can easily be mass produced, nor even trucks that can. All of NATO's battlefield tactics do, as I have written already, require multidisciplinary coordinated action that cannot be performed by barely trained conscripts. This is basic shit and that "general" would know it perfectly well.
MagsJ wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 am What do you think about the mass-consensus decision on no warring, but global peace? ..coz you sure don’t seem interested in that part.
Was that a sentence? If so, what the fuck did it say?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:29 am
There's no turning of the tables here. Who was this general, where was this discussion held? These are questions you should be able to answer without trying to gaslight me.

You wrote that Lithuania can provide an army of 500,000 men, it has a working age population of around 750,000 men and 750,000 women, so that's improbable. You wrote "new nato countries" and then named one that's been in NATO since 2004, and then pretended that you had written "new and existing" ... which you hadn't done, why double down, why blame my reading ability? Grow up.
I should be able to answer those questions, but I won’t.

Upon re-listening ..according to the General, Lithuania has 100,000 fully-trained ex-army servicemen, with 75,000 of them able to be utilised right now.. along with abled-conscripts from the other Baltic States, the new imminent NATO sign-ups, and various other European countries.
Conscript armies have to be trained, equipped, and then deployed. Aside from Turkey which operates a low quality conscript army that can't hold ground in Syria, the rest of NATO doesn't have the setup for that sort of thing. We don't use tanks that can easily be mass produced, nor even trucks that can. All of NATO's battlefield tactics do, as I have written already, require multidisciplinary coordinated action that cannot be performed by barely trained conscripts. This is basic shit and that "general" would know it perfectly well.
That didn’t seem to deter him, by what he was saying.. the Others agreed with each other, that a more relaxed and multilateral approach was the way to go, moving on, from the Ukraine crisis.
MagsJ wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 am What do you think about the mass-consensus decision on no warring, but global peace? ..coz you sure don’t seem interested in that part.
That the solution to the current global state-of-affairs is cooperation, not coercion.. peace, not war.. global homogeny, not divisive separatism.. speaking Economic-Trade-wise, of course.
FlashDangerpants

MagsJ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:57 am

I should be able to answer those questions, but I won’t.
Totally surprising.
MagsJ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:57 am Upon re-listening ..according to the General, Lithuania has 100,000 fully-trained ex-army servicemen, with 75,000 of them able to be utilised right now.. along with abled-conscripts from the other Baltic States, the new imminent NATO sign-ups, and various other European countries.
Weird, such a huge change of your story is also a calculated minimum viable change. Who are these "imminent NATO sign-ups" supposed to be?
That didn’t seem to deter him, by what he was saying.. the Others agreed with each other, that a more relaxed and multilateral approach was the way to go, moving on, from the Ukraine crisis.
You are trying to change the subject. Perhaps if you were able to address the point that would work out better for you.
That the solution to the current global state-of-affairs is cooperation, not coercion.. peace, not war.. global homogeny, not divisive separatism.. speaking Economic-Trade-wise, of course.
I don't have much use for lectures from people who make up sources and then call me names for disputing this activity. I was challenging your highly surprising story about a retired general who proposes to "fight China next and then the other rising Nations" and all this dissembling that you are doing instead of providing a link to the source of that quote is silliness.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:47 pm
MagsJ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:57 am I should be able to answer those questions, but I won’t.
Totally surprising.
Surprising? not really.. I just don’t want to advertise/share the source, is all.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:47 pm
MagsJ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:57 am Upon re-listening ..according to the General, Lithuania has 100,000 fully-trained ex-army servicemen, with 75,000 of them able to be utilised right now.. along with abled-conscripts from the other Baltic States, the new imminent NATO sign-ups, and various other European countries.
Weird, such a huge change of your story is also a calculated minimum viable change. Who are these "imminent NATO sign-ups" supposed to be?
Weird? not really.. I did say “Upon re-listening“, and you're missing the actual point of my initial post.. so your response^ is moot to me, Pedant!
You are trying to change the subject. Perhaps if you were able to address the point that would work out better for you.
Change it to your point, you mean?

The fact that most European countries have trained armies, seems to be eluding you.. so not a mean-feat for what the general was alluding to after-all, aye. I am very well-aware of the issues (basic-shit) in the points you raised^ ..but that is going off-topic, as I’m not talking 'tactics' but 'operations'.
I don't have much use for lectures from people who make up sources and then call me names for disputing this activity. I was challenging your highly surprising story about a retired general who proposes to "fight China next and then the other rising Nations" and all this dissembling that you are doing instead of providing a link to the source of that quote is silliness.
I called you names? since when was asking someone if they can read, calling them names? God I dislike emotive debaters.

I lectured? I made up my source? I called him names? I don’t want to share my source.

Bye bye.. 👋🏼
FlashDangerpants

MagsJ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:04 pm I lectured? I made up my source? I called him names? I don’t want to share my source.

Bye bye.. 👋🏼
You definitely misrepresented your source, that's just obvious.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

_
Lol, man must think I don’t have ears, to hear what was being said.

The talk ended well, though.. the way forward -like I already said- being a multilateral approach to global co-existence, which all present agreed on.. including the retired US General.

It’s good to talk.. with other countries.
FlashDangerpants

Are you seriously caliming that in one talk this warmonger went from....
To ....
MagsJ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:37 pm The talk ended well, though.. the way forward -like I already said- being a multilateral approach to global co-existence, which all present agreed on.. including the retired US General.
That's not plausible unless you left out some important context along the line of "some people say we need to fight ....."

Is that what you did and is that why you can't provide any source?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:40 pm Are you seriously caliming that in one talk this warmonger went from....
To ....
MagsJ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:37 pm The talk ended well, though.. the way forward -like I already said- being a multilateral approach to global co-existence, which all present agreed on.. including the retired US General.
That's not plausible unless you left out some important context along the line of "some people say we need to fight ....."

Is that what you did and is that why you can't provide any source?
You obviously have no idea what happens in such talks.. my post wasn’t meant for personal scrutiny, but to be discussed regarding resolution and if an imminent end to the crisis is in sight.

Go be obtuse elsewhere.