Do we really have religious rights in the United States

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Do we really have religious rights in the United States

Post by Gary Childress »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:27 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:21 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:51 am
Does Soviet Russia count? How about Communist China? What about the Middle East? Do you count any of those people?

If those don't do it for you, go read about Canada's bill C4, and you'll see it can even happen in a Western "liberal democracy." Something similar may well be coming soon to a State near you...
The last time I looked, those places aren't in the United States. And looking at the wording of the C4 bill it doesn't outlaw Christianity. It outlaws "conversion therapy". How is that outlawing Christianity?
For those who believe in it, conversion therapy is a religious practice. What kind of freedom of religion is there if the state dictates the religious cannot do what they believe they ought to do?

Prayer is a religious practice which many religious believe in, but in many states children are taken from their parents (by threat of force) for state training (obscenely called education) and are not allowed to pray while incarcerated in their GCDP (government child day prison). Children also have their Bibles confiscated in many schools, and other schools are actually teaching the children religions their parents don't want them taught. Most people do not regard those state intrusions in religion as religious freedom.
So it sounds like the answer might be to restrict any religious teaching from schools because if a school teaches anything to do with Christianity, then they'll have to teach Islam, Buddhism and anything else parents want.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"I have, am in a very real way, a private business

come end it: bring yer cronies"

Are you really gonna try and hold that cabin down with yer shotgun when my wolverines come to appropriate any commercial means of production that might exist on that property, Henry? Seriously?

Listen man there's a much easier way to do this. All you gotta do is corporatize the business and allow your employees to collectively decide what is to be done with the profits.

On the other hand, if you are just a merchant who has no employees, you are free to remain as you are.

You have twenty four hours to provide us with the necessary information pertaining to the nature of your business.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:00 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:27 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:21 am

The last time I looked, those places aren't in the United States. And looking at the wording of the C4 bill it doesn't outlaw Christianity. It outlaws "conversion therapy". How is that outlawing Christianity?
For those who believe in it, conversion therapy is a religious practice. What kind of freedom of religion is there if the state dictates the religious cannot do what they believe they ought to do?

Prayer is a religious practice which many religious believe in, but in many states children are taken from their parents (by threat of force) for state training (obscenely called education) and are not allowed to pray while incarcerated in their GCDP (government child day prison). Children also have their Bibles confiscated in many schools, and other schools are actually teaching the children religions their parents don't want them taught. Most people do not regard those state intrusions in religion as religious freedom.
So it sounds like the answer might be to restrict any religious teaching from schools because if a school teaches anything to do with Christianity, then they'll have to teach Islam, Buddhism and anything else parents want.
Absolutely not. I was only pointing out there is no, "religious freedom," in any country that dictates what one can practice. State schools are just another form of state oppression. The only fix to that problem is to get the state out of education altogether, but of course that is not going to happen so long is most people prefer to have the state provide, "free," education and baby sitting.

I am a-religious and hold no superstition (religion), but certainly don't care what anyone else chooses to believe and do. I believe in total freedom of belief and practice for everyone, which oddly enough, no religious people do.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Are you really gonna try and hold that cabin down with yer shotgun when my wolverines come to appropriate any commercial means of production that might exist on that property, Henry? Seriously?

as I say: there's a reason the pussies peacefully protest in the city and not the country

bring it, maynard

Listen man there's a much easier way to do this. All you gotta do is corporatize the business and allow your employees to collectively decide what is to be done with the profits.

nope...even if I had employees: nope

On the other hand, if you are just a merchant who has no employees, you are free to remain as you are.

don't need your permission, fella

You have twenty four hours to provide us with the necessary information pertaining to the nature of your business.

send your pussies to come and get it
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Well that's a shame. I coulda used a fella like you. A man of strength, honor, courage and resolve. You won't be forgotten, and I'll make sure of that. History will remember the lone renegade at The Massacre at Holden Ridge.

When the smoke has cleared I will address my men as follows:

You men have been with me for years now, and I cannot express the gratitude I have for your loyalty. I have often expected you to make very difficult decisions, gentlemen, and without hesitation you have always come through... come through for the greater good. But I want you to understand that today... today we took the life of a good man. A man who had his principles, his dignity. And while we may never understand the mysterious ways of men, we know on this day at least one thing for certain. That this was a man... a man who had a name... and his name was Henry Quirk.

*moment of silence*

Terrance, gather up any munitions you find and have the men gas up the truck. Check those lawn mowers in the front yard for unleaded. We move for town in fifteen minutes.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

we'll see
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:21 am ...the C4 bill it doesn't outlaw Christianity. It outlaws "conversion therapy". How is that outlawing Christianity?
Christianity is inherently a faith that requires conversion. Conversion is its sine qua non. There is, actually, no way to be an obedient Christian without encouraging "conversion therapy." So it's a real problem.