Is capitalism evil, for linking careers about criticism to trade's logic: mutual happiness?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

trokanmariel

Is capitalism evil, for linking careers about criticism to trade's logic: mutual happiness?

Post by trokanmariel »

If capitalism links careers which are about criticism or judgement to the logic of trade, which is that both or all parties of the trade are meant to be happy, does this make capitalism evil?
Impenitent

Re: Is capitalism evil, for linking careers about criticism to trade's logic: mutual happiness?

Post by Impenitent »

the only thing that makes capitalism evil is the moral judgments of those who want something for nothing

-Imp
Sculptor

Re: Is capitalism evil, for linking careers about criticism to trade's logic: mutual happiness?

Post by Sculptor »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:34 pm the only thing that makes capitalism evil is the moral judgments of those who want something for nothing

-Imp
Yeah those uppity fucking slaves should shut the fuck up and suck it the fuck up.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:34 pm the only thing that makes capitalism evil is the moral judgments of those who want something for nothing

-Imp
I don't find that statement universally true. Sometimes those who will pay for something are actually working for the detriment of the majority. A chemical company owned or operated by interests that are not based within the community, dumping waste straight into local aquifers in order to handle operations more cost-effectively comes to mind. Is capitalism "evil"? Is private ownership over public institutions better or worse than state ownership? I don't know the answer to that. Both seem to have their problems and advantages.

BTW. I would welcome a thought-provoking reply from you regarding what I say above. For better or worse, most of the time you seem to stick to short quips that sound much like propaganda slogans.