The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:41 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:34 pm You are too Romantic and don't understand how clever bad men are.

Oh my, I do love bein' analyzed: please, tell me how you concluded I'm too Romantic.
Romanticism is mostly defined by more or less extreme glorification of individualism. Anarchy is extreme political individualism. There are a few American myths that tell of individualism, many of them are (or were) Hollywood staple themes.
If I'm beset by such hobblin' notions then wouldn't I be all the more insulated from clever bad men?

Simply: if I won't accept the rule of the majority, why would I accept the rule of the ruler of the majority?

Why would I accept any rule at all?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:04 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:41 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:34 pm You are too Romantic and don't understand how clever bad men are.

Oh my, I do love bein' analyzed: please, tell me how you concluded I'm too Romantic.
Romanticism is mostly defined by more or less extreme glorification of individualism. Anarchy is extreme political individualism. There are a few American myths that tell of individualism, many of them are (or were) Hollywood staple themes.
If I'm beset by such hobblin' notions then wouldn't I be all the more insulated from clever bad men?

Simply: if I won't accept the rule of the majority, why would I accept the rule of the ruler of the majority?

Why would I accept any rule at all?
Because there is no known human society that did or does not have a ruling elite. Unless you are KimJong-Un you have to knuckle under. The best that can happen is you get to choose your ruling elite.It is a very important choice.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Unless you are KimJong-Un you have to knuckle under.

No, you don't, especially in a big country like mine.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:21 pm Unless you are KimJong-Un you have to knuckle under.

No, you don't, especially in a big country like mine.
Does not having to obey the law make you more or less free? (I don't refer to being caught in doing a crime and I do not think you do crime.)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Does not having to obey the law make you more or less free?

I'm free as a natural, normal function of my being. Breakin' the law doesn't make me more free; abidin' by law that is moral doesn't make me less free.

I do not think you do crime.

😏
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:34 pm Does not having to obey the law make you more or less free?

I'm free as a natural, normal function of my being. Breakin' the law doesn't make me more free; abidin' by law that is moral doesn't make me less free.

😏
You are honest and you write well but from what you write you seem to be not as free as you could be .
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:34 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:34 pm Does not having to obey the law make you more or less free?

😏
You are honest and you write well but from what you write you seem to be not as free as you could be .
How so?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:13 pm

😏
How so?
Because you don't take enough risks.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:57 am
How so?
How would you know this?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:58 am
Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:57 am

How so?
How would you know this?
Unfortunately all I know of you is your persona here on the forum. You don't risk abandoning ideas that please you and that you take from someone else.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

You don't risk abandoning ideas that please you and that you take from someone else.

quotin' my good friend, age: LOL
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

😏
It is not a natural function of your being that you live in a free country like the US.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:50 pm

😏
It is not a natural function of your being that you live in a free country like the US.
❓
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:23 pm

😏
❓
People who live under some regimes are not at liberty to think what they like. They are told what to think. Long may the US resist such a regime!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:55 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:23 pm
❓
People who live under some regimes are not at liberty to think what they like. They are told what to think. Long may the US resist such a regime!
quotin' my good friend, age: LOL!