The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

Post by henry quirk »

Why? If the people who bought and paid for it cannot own it because they are "slavers", and "slavers" is kinda most people in your jargon, then nobody's property is harmed.

Oh, so the new owner isn't just someone Joe doesn't like: they're slavers.

Well, if Joe knows they're local slavers he ought to call the cops (cuz slavery is illegal).

If he knows they're extra-nationals he ought to break his lease and move out (owin' rent, if he can time it right).

Tossin' the slaver's tea into the bay is always last, and usually after all other options are exhausted.

I like how this...

Gonna be a sad day, for them, when Americans give 'em the🖕and refuse to pay tribute or recognize Chinese deeds of ownership. One can hope Africans do the same.

...auto-translates, for you, into burning the house down.

My final option is your first.

"slavers" is kinda most people in your jargon

Oh, you'll need to explain this one. As I reckon it most folks (where I am, anyway) don't use people as property. Is slavery a big public problem where you are?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Well this "slavers" thing is weird. Here's a reminder of how you have used that term in the past
henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:39 pm
the free men wanna be left alone to live, to transact, to compete & cooperate

the slavers wanna direct the livin', the transactin', the competin' & cooperatin'

But now you are using the term in a more recognisable way...
henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:36 pm "slavers" is kinda most people in your jargon

Oh, you'll need to explain this one. As I reckon it most folks (where I am, anyway) don't use people as property. Is slavery a big public problem where you are?
But you are restrictring who can transact with whom. So you are the slaver in your special Henry-ese version of the term.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Well this "slavers" thing is weird. Here's a reminder of how you have used that term in the past

the slavers wanna direct the livin', the transactin', the competin' & cooperatin'
If one directs another's life, his purchases, how he competes and cooperates, isn't he a slaver?

But now you are using the term in a more recognisable way...
henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:36 pm "slavers" is kinda most people in your jargon

But you are restrictring who can transact with whom. So you are the slaver in your special Henry-ese version of the term.
Where did I say I wanted to restrict anyone?
henry quirk wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:06 pm But you are the "slaver" when you tell other people who they can do business with aren't you?

Where did I say I, or anyone, ought tell folks who they can do business with?

What I said was free men can't have truck with slavers, and if they do, they've acted immorally.

What that means is: I won't have truck with them. I didn't advocate they be disallowed from tradin' with slavers. I just said they ought not to, if they're free men.

Try again.
henry quirk

oh my...

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:17 pm Well this "slavers" thing is weird. Here's a reminder of how you have used that term in the past

If one directs another's life, his purchases, how he competes and cooperates, isn't he a slaver?
That's very broad. The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners determines who can market their services as a doctor in your state, controlling lots of transactions and restricting your purchasing options in the process. Are they slave masters?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners determines who can market their services as a doctor in your state, controlling lots of transactions and restricting your purchasing options in the process. Are they slave masters?

slaver-lite
FlashDangerpants

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:56 pm The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners determines who can market their services as a doctor in your state, controlling lots of transactions and restricting your purchasing options in the process. Are they slave masters?

slaver-lite
Traffic Wardens who tell you where you may or may not park your truck - slavers or not slavers?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:10 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:56 pm The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners determines who can market their services as a doctor in your state, controlling lots of transactions and restricting your purchasing options in the process. Are they slave masters?

slaver-lite
Traffic Wardens who tell you where you may or may not park your truck - slavers or not slavers?
We call 'em meter maids: low-ranked overseers, or, just more niggers in the field.
FlashDangerpants

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:27 pm

slaver-lite
We call 'em meter maids: low-ranked overseers, or, just more niggers in the field.
It looks alramingly as though the crucial factor that determines whether somebody who is giving you an instruction is a slaver or not is nothing but how you feel about that person and what social status you assign to them.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

slaver-lite
Meter maids (traffic wardens) are enmeshed in the money economy as are most other workers. Do you not earn your living to pay for goods and services?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:36 am

It looks alramingly as though the crucial factor that determines whether somebody who is giving you an instruction is a slaver or not is nothing but how you feel about that person and what social status you assign to them.
Nope. Meter maids carry out orders. They don't craft 'em.

The medical examiners are higher up the chain, craftin' some regulations, but ultimately toein' the legislators' line.

Which means the legislators, the Law Makers, are [❓].

C'mon, flash, you got this: finish the sentence.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:51 am

Meter maids (traffic wardens) are enmeshed in the money economy as are most other workers. Do you not earn your living to pay for goods and services?
I work for myself: my ethics are mine, I choose my customers (even in lean times like these), my work methods are mine.

The meter maid, and the full-blown cop: pitbulls and watch dogs. They exercise limited autonomy, bound up, as they are, in the directives of higher-ups (who, themselves, are bound up by the directives of higher-higher-ups). Their cars used to (perhaps still do in some places) sport the phrase to protect and serve but this was/is a lie. What they are is in their true name: Law Enforcement/Enforcers. They enforce the law, enforce the edicts of the Law Makers, who are the true villains of the piece.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

But legislators are democratically chosen and assigned their posts, Henry. they can't be slavers.

Democracy -- the well-mannered domination of a minority by the majority -- is just mob rule in Sunday-Go-To-Meetin' clothes, and the mob is easily led, well-trained. With the obvious exception of Monkey Wrenches like Orange Man, the democratically chosen and assigned are exactly where they've paid to be (or where their masters have paid for them to be).
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:02 pmthe Law Makers, who are the true villains of the piece
Do you believe the legislators to be the top of your hierarchy of slavery, henry? I think that's naïve. Or by "Law Makers" are you referring to a different set of people?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Do you believe the legislators to be the top of your hierarchy of slavery, henry?

As I say, just up-thread: the democratically chosen and assigned are exactly where they've paid to be (or where their masters have paid for them to be).