The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mickthinks

Re: The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

Post by mickthinks »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:16 pmDemocracy -- the well-mannered domination of a minority by the majority -- is just mob rule in Sunday-Go-To-Meetin' clothes, and the mob is easily led, well-trained. With the obvious exception of Monkey Wrenches like Orange Man, the democratically chosen and assigned are exactly where they've paid to be (or where their masters have paid for them to be).
This is jaundiced nonsense, henry. There is next to no truth to any of it. Starting at the top: "Democracy -- the well-mannered domination of a minority by the majority" is not an accurate description of representative democracy as instituted in the US or most elsewhere. It is actually very hard to get a majority to agree to anything including domination of minorities. In most democracies, oppressed minorities sooner or later win their freedom.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

As I say, just up-thread: the democratically chosen and assigned are exactly where they've paid to be (or where their masters have paid for them to be).

Yes, I read that and couldn't square it with "the Law Makers, who are the true villains of the piece". These "masters" of the democratically chosen and assigned are not Law Makers so much as string-pullers, yes? I don't think that's the same thing and it certainly needs to be made clearer.

Who do you mean by "masters"?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

But let's not restrict ourselves to examinin' only the North American species of slaver. As I recall: I entered this thread lambasting the (currently) premier slaver state. I'm not inclined to let China off the hook in the discussion.

-----

Yes, I read that and couldn't square it with "the Law Makers, who are the true villains of the piece". These "masters" of the democratically chosen and assigned are not Law Makers so much as string-pullers, yes? I don't think that's the same thing and it certainly needs to be made clearer.

meh...that's why I followed up with a post instead of editin' the first. To clarify: not every legislator is bought and paid for, but many are. And: as for bein' the true villains, whether paid for or not, they're the ones we can, to be blunt, hang.

Who do you mean by "masters"?

Well, who buys legislators?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Starting at the top: "Democracy -- the well-mannered domination of a minority by the majority" is not an accurate description of representative democracy as instituted in the US or most elsewhere.

Of course it is. If 51 say, yes we will, 49 are bound to abide, yeah?

This is democracy.

It is actually very hard to get a majority to agree to anything including domination of minorities.

Of course not. All it takes is 51 (the majority) to override 49 (the minority).

This is democracy.

In most democracies, oppressed minorities sooner or later win their freedom.

Gosh, but you're a blinkered, one-trick pony.

I'm talkin' numbers (as force, and as weighted) and you're (still) talkin' race.
henry quirk

more grist...

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:46 pmAnd: as for bein' the true villains, whether paid for or not, they're the ones we can, to be blunt, hang.
So we call the little villains "the true villains" and hang them, because the true villains are out of reach?

In a democracy like ours, no villains are so big they're out of reach.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:55 pmOf course it is. If 51 say, yes we will, 49 are bound to abide, yeah? This is democracy.
Democracy is government by the people for the people. You seem to be talking about a situation in which 100 people are governing and governed and 51 people are a majority. That is not what happens in the US (nor anywhere else).
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

So we call the little villains "the true villains" and hang them, because the true villains are out of reach?

Quoting my good friend, Age: LOL

Here, Congress is anything but small fry, or low-hanging fruit, or little. Bought and paid for many might be, Congress is still the big dog.

As for the masters: again, who buys legislators?

In a democracy like ours, no villains are so big they're out of reach.

To be honest, I' don't care too much how you Brits arrange yourselves (talk about small fry). Embrace whatever moves you. Here, in our constitutional republic, democratic process -- once bound by the constitution -- has become a trade show. The people are no longer governed thru their consent.

And, mebbe, that's how it's always been.

It was a mistake, I think, tossin' the Articles of Confederation out in favor of the constitution.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:16 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:55 pmOf course it is. If 51 say, yes we will, 49 are bound to abide, yeah? This is democracy.
Democracy is government by the people for the people. You seem to be talking about a situation in which 100 people are governing and governed and 51 people are a majority. That is not what happens in the US (nor anywhere else).
Jeez, guy...51 percent, 49 percent.

I know for a fact you're not dim: so why pretend?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Democracy is government by the people for the people.

Not really. If 51 percent say yes the other 49 percent are bound to abide, yeah?

Almost half of the people are not being served by the gov.

Oh, but that's just in a pure democracy, Henry. In one limited, as you say, by a constitution, there are checks and balances against abuse. The minority is protected from democratic predation by the majority.

Really? The wisdom of the mob, bound by rules only given lip-service? This is your ideal?

It ain't mine, bubba.

You won't read it (as far as I know, no one 'cept mebbe Mannie, Walker, and Imp have)...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32456

...there's a lot packed into a comparatively small work.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

It was a mistake, I think, tossin' the Articles of Confederation out in favor of the constitution.

And that's not to say the A of C was so great: only that it was/is better than what followed.

Me, I have a fondness for this...
henry quirk wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:56 pm Proposed Charter for the American Free Zone

I-A man belongs to himself.

II-A man's life, liberty, and property are his.

III-A man's life, liberty, and property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.

To defend, and offer redress of violations of, life, liberty, and property, the following safeguards are recommended...

I-a local constabulary

II-a local court of last resort

III-a border patrol

IIII-militia

Establishing any or all of these safeguards, or variations of these safeguards, is at the discretion of individual communities, * however: as citizens are the final safeguard it is strongly recommended no other safeguard be established without the oversight of militia.

*by way of the unanimous consent of individuals in those communities,
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 pm Me, I have a fondness for this...

III-A man's life, liberty, and property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.
Didn't you say you were going to stop repeating this?

Didn't you say you weren't going to be posting to this forum much (if any) anymore?

There's no connection between what you say and what you actually do, right?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:51 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 pm Me, I have a fondness for this...

Didn't you say you were going to stop repeating this?

Didn't you say you weren't going to be posting to this forum much (if any) anymore?

There's no connection between what you say and what you actually do, right?
Well, I did stop preachin' *THE END IS NIGH!... 🤣

And memes, I stopped postin' memes (how about a lil one, though...for old times sake).
B2A7BB87-E729-4A2E-B743-1590DC35057A.gif
B2A7BB87-E729-4A2E-B743-1590DC35057A.gif (197.74 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
*which it is, for you, you poor jabbed sucker
uwot

You're kidding, right?

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 pmEstablishing any or all of these safeguards, or variations of these safeguards, is at the discretion of individual communities, * however: as citizens are the final safeguard it is strongly recommended no other safeguard be established without the oversight of militia.[/b]

*by way of the unanimous consent of individuals in those communities,
Unanimous consent? If that is what freedom means to you, you have lost your fucking mind.
henry quirk

Re: You're kidding, right?

Post by henry quirk »

Unanimous consent? If that is what freedom means to you, you have lost your fucking mind.

No, that's not *freedom: it is, however, the only form of democracy worth a good goddamn.

*not that it matters to you