The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

Post by Belinda »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:48 pm It's based on my pretty firm belief that people seldom fit nicely into categories such as "poor" and "white", particularly when the purpose of the category is to make predictions about their beliefs, opinions and behaviours. Or in other words, not all poor white people are the same.

I'm interested to discuss the point you want to make, but I need you to articulate it in clearer terms.
That is a good point you are making. However it's axiomatic that power is distributed according to social class. All persons of significantly powerless social classes have much in common with each other, more so than differences of sex, age, ethnicity, or religion. For instance violent gangs are a response to poverty, and violent gangs are feared by people of whatever gender, age, ethnicity, or religion.

For another example poverty affects all genders, ages, ethnicites,and religions with poorer housing, poorer food, poorer policing, poorer access to health care, and poorer access to justice.
promethean75

Re: The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

Post by promethean75 »

Tell em again, B!

This myth that there are no 'classes' is an evasive conservative strategy to create the impression that 'equal opportunity' exists for everyone. It's doesn't, and never has.

Fundamental to the structure of society and its productive material relations - which are the driving force of all forms of development both socially and intellectually - are the divisions of labor in that society.

The most immediate division is that of the proletariat and the bourgeoisie. From these two classes you have subdivisions, e.g., petty bourgeois and lumpen proletariat.

But there is no clearer class distinction than this. Trivial differences between race, values, customs and habits are insignificant by comparison.